Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Imitated never duplicated

Local Union
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]

Default ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress | Journal of Commerce

LTL trucker carrying on two-front campaign to ease labor costs

ABF Freight System is waging a two-front campaign to cut its labor costs by negotiating with the Teamsters about contract concessions and lobbying Congress for legislation to ease the burden unionized companies face under multiemployer pension plans, the carrier’s CEO said.

“We’re continuing discussions with the Teamsters,” CEO Judy McReynolds told Dahlman Rose & Co.’s annual global transportation conference.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

See, what did I say yesterday about YRC asking for more concessions!!!!!

Local Union
    Employer

Quote Originally Posted by laidoffabfwife View Post
    See, what did I say yesterday about YRC asking for more concessions!!!!!
    "Everybody seems to understand the issue and the unfairness with respect to our company and the others that are impacted,” she said. “We have to deal with the costs of people who never worked for us, which is sort of insane.”"

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    NPME/YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Wife View Post
    "Everybody seems to understand the issue and the unfairness with respect to our company and the others that are impacted,” she said. “We have to deal with the costs of people who never worked for us, which is sort of insane.”"
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid? Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about? If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.

Local Union
    Employer

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid? Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about? If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.
    Ask Zollars if he was stupid AND insane. Maybe all of the above?

Will the evil tongue do, slave?

It's 5 PM somewhere!

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid?
    Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about?
    If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.
    Management will sign a contract with labor unions with no intention of honoring it...and will renig in a heartbeat given the opportunity.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I did mention this yesterday as Journal of Commerce is quoting Judy from the speech she was giving at the transportation conference that I happened to listen to yesterday. (the one that Bill Zollars was a no show at) It was not something she dwelled on but made me uncomfortable that they are still mentiong "talks with the IBT." Then this news breaks that YRC is asking for more concessions.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I am tired of Judy always dropping the WE ARE TALKING WITH THE TEAMSTERS QUOTE. If she is then they had all better STOP. We will not buckle. If the YRC Teamsters take another hit then that will kill the trucking industry. They have to say enough is enough. Look if they say no and YRC closes then most of them will get jobs at a place that will pay into a 401K or a pension fund. They the YRC teamsters have nothing to lose by voting NO. They will get a better paying job some place else. The IBT and YRC have shot their last shot at the YRC Teamsters. They would be below all the companies that would hire them. DOLLAR BILL AND TYSON JOHNSON HAVE PUSHED TO FAR! If Hoffa allows this to happen then he needs to be gone also. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    Last edited by MULER; 09-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    I am tired of Judy always dropping the WE ARE TALKING WITH THE TEAMSTERS QUOTE. If she is then they had all better STOP. We will not buckle. If the YRC Teamsters take another hit then that will kill the trucking industry. They have to say enough is enough. Look if they say no and YRC closes then most of them will get jobs at a place that will pay into a 401K or a pension fund. They the YRC teamsters have nothing to lose by voting NO. They will get a better paying job some place else. The IBT and YRC have shot their last shot at the YRC Teamsters. They would be below all the companies that would hire them. DOLLAR BILL AND TYSON JOHNSON HAVE PUSHED TO FAR! If Hoffa allows this to happen then he needs to be gone also. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    +1 on sending HoFFa Jr. packing also...he knows whats going on

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union

Welcome to the site dockit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast