Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Imitated never duplicated

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    63
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    6,128
    Rep Power
    517

    Default ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress | Journal of Commerce

    LTL trucker carrying on two-front campaign to ease labor costs

    ABF Freight System is waging a two-front campaign to cut its labor costs by negotiating with the Teamsters about contract concessions and lobbying Congress for legislation to ease the burden unionized companies face under multiemployer pension plans, the carrier’s CEO said.

    “We’re continuing discussions with the Teamsters,” CEO Judy McReynolds told Dahlman Rose & Co.’s annual global transportation conference.

  2. #2
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,469
    Rep Power
    888

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    See, what did I say yesterday about YRC asking for more concessions!!!!!

  3. #3
    Imitated never duplicated

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    63
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    6,128
    Rep Power
    517

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by laidoffabfwife View Post
    See, what did I say yesterday about YRC asking for more concessions!!!!!
    "Everybody seems to understand the issue and the unfairness with respect to our company and the others that are impacted,” she said. “We have to deal with the costs of people who never worked for us, which is sort of insane.”"

  4. #4
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    13,961
    Rep Power
    914

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Wife View Post
    "Everybody seems to understand the issue and the unfairness with respect to our company and the others that are impacted,” she said. “We have to deal with the costs of people who never worked for us, which is sort of insane.”"
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid? Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about? If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.

  5. #5
    Imitated never duplicated

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    63
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]
    Location
    Southern Calif.
    Posts
    6,128
    Rep Power
    517

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid? Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about? If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.
    Ask Zollars if he was stupid AND insane. Maybe all of the above?

    Will the evil tongue do, slave?

  6. #6
    It's 5 PM somewhere!

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    908
    Employer
    Retired
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    11,392
    Rep Power
    829

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    If it was so insane, why did they and YRC take on the companies they did and continue to sign the contract when it was time? Was the management who signed,insane? Or stupid?
    Or did they one day expect that they'd somehow renig on the pensions that were always in the contracts they signed and they knew about?
    If I had a smiley that spit, it would be inserted right here.
    Management will sign a contract with labor unions with no intention of honoring it...and will renig in a heartbeat given the opportunity.

  7. #7
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,469
    Rep Power
    888

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    I did mention this yesterday as Journal of Commerce is quoting Judy from the speech she was giving at the transportation conference that I happened to listen to yesterday. (the one that Bill Zollars was a no show at) It was not something she dwelled on but made me uncomfortable that they are still mentiong "talks with the IBT." Then this news breaks that YRC is asking for more concessions.

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,142
    Rep Power
    818

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    I am tired of Judy always dropping the WE ARE TALKING WITH THE TEAMSTERS QUOTE. If she is then they had all better STOP. We will not buckle. If the YRC Teamsters take another hit then that will kill the trucking industry. They have to say enough is enough. Look if they say no and YRC closes then most of them will get jobs at a place that will pay into a 401K or a pension fund. They the YRC teamsters have nothing to lose by voting NO. They will get a better paying job some place else. The IBT and YRC have shot their last shot at the YRC Teamsters. They would be below all the companies that would hire them. DOLLAR BILL AND TYSON JOHNSON HAVE PUSHED TO FAR! If Hoffa allows this to happen then he needs to be gone also. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    Last edited by MULER; 09-10-2010 at 06:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Local Union
    710
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    125

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    I am tired of Judy always dropping the WE ARE TALKING WITH THE TEAMSTERS QUOTE. If she is then they had all better STOP. We will not buckle. If the YRC Teamsters take another hit then that will kill the trucking industry. They have to say enough is enough. Look if they say no and YRC closes then most of them will get jobs at a place that will pay into a 401K or a pension fund. They the YRC teamsters have nothing to lose by voting NO. They will get a better paying job some place else. The IBT and YRC have shot their last shot at the YRC Teamsters. They would be below all the companies that would hire them. DOLLAR BILL AND TYSON JOHNSON HAVE PUSHED TO FAR! If Hoffa allows this to happen then he needs to be gone also. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    +1 on sending HoFFa Jr. packing also...he knows whats going on

  10. #10
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    988
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    213
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: ABF Talks with Teamsters, Lobbies Congress

    Welcome to the site dockit

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101