Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Judy's Frustrated with the ABF Teamsters

You guys did it now...Judy's frustrated with the ABF drivers.

• “Late-2009 changes made to various nonunion fringe benefit costs had a positive impact on third quarter 2010 results. Arkansas Best continues to be on track to experience annual savings at the high end of the previously disclosed $15 - $18 million range. Again, I want to express my appreciation to our nonunion employees who have made the necessary financial sacrifices during these challenging times.”
    The “nonunion employees” comment reflects a clear message of frustration company management has with the Teamsters union and the about 7,000 union members who are ABF drivers.

Arkansas Best posts another quarterly income loss | The City Wire

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: Judy's Frustrated with the ABF Teamsters

Like the non union employees had a choice...

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post

Exactly! She also forgot to mention the fact that all of those years that the company was doing great that those same non union employees got bonuses every year. The rank and file never got any but we never expected any either. We just wanted what was in out contract and still do.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    You guys did it now...Judy's frustrated with the ABF drivers.

• “Late-2009 changes made to various nonunion fringe benefit costs had a positive impact on third quarter 2010 results. Arkansas Best continues to be on track to experience annual savings at the high end of the previously disclosed $15 - $18 million range. Again, I want to express my appreciation to our nonunion employees who have made the necessary financial sacrifices during these challenging times.”
    The “nonunion employees” comment reflects a clear message of frustration company management has with the Teamsters union and the about 7,000 union members who are ABF drivers.

Arkansas Best posts another quarterly income loss | The City Wire
    Thr really funny part that Judy leaves out is if a office worker has a bad day they get a paper cut ot stuck by a wayward staple. If a Teamster has a bad cay people can die. We work out in the elements and for that our bodies break down at younger ages that office people. They pick up a telephone receiver we pick up cartons weight 80 or more pounds. We work long hours they for the most part work eight hours a day. They get a salary. If we miss more than our sick days we lose that days pay they don't. And this is just a few of the differences.

Imitated never duplicated

Local Union
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]

Quote Originally Posted by x475 View Post
    No kidding. Not negotiable...take it or leave it!

Local Union
    Employer

Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    Thr really funny part that Judy leaves out is if a office worker has a bad day they get a paper cut ot stuck by a wayward staple. If a Teamster has a bad cay people can die. We work out in the elements and for that our bodies break down at younger ages that office people. They pick up a telephone receiver we pick up cartons weight 80 or more pounds. We work long hours they for the most part work eight hours a day. They get a salary. If we miss more than our sick days we lose that days pay they don't. And this is just a few of the differences.
    Hey! Not all office workers are sissies!

Our jobs are more psychologically demanding and it does take a toll on your mind (just ask my husband. better not.). Why do you think we're cranky? But it sure doesn't compare to the difficult physical demands of a driver, that's for sure.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Used to be a secretary, receptionist, accounts receivable working for several higher ups! Now that was stressful. I used to be in the very business world I have come to loath, and I didn't like it then either.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Wife View Post
    Hey! Not all office workers are sissies!

Our jobs are more psychologically demanding and it does take a toll on your mind (just ask my husband. better not.). Why do you think we're cranky? But it sure doesn't compare to the difficult physical demands of a driver, that's for sure.

No doubt it has it's difficulties. But we risk lives every day. And that can be very trying. And she makes light of it. How about she comes to Cleveland and just rides all winter with me. YOUR WANTING TO SEE THAT BROTHER ALWAYS!

Local Union
    Employer

Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    No doubt it has it's difficulties. But we risk lives every day. And that can be very trying. And she makes light of it. How about she comes to Cleveland and just rides all winter with me. YOUR WANTING TO SEE THAT BROTHER ALWAYS!
    She wouldn't last, MULER. The dry air would crack her lips and chip her nails. Not to mention the hair. Oh brother!

I know how trying it is on our men. I pray to God every day for the roads to be safe and for people to be courteous. My love is out there trying to make it through the day.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Wife View Post
    She wouldn't last, MULER. The dry air would crack her lips and chip her nails. Not to mention the hair. Oh brother!

I know how trying it is on our men. I pray to God every day for the roads to be safe and for people to be courteous. My love is out there trying to make it through the day.
    I thought Wolf retired?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast