Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default Who is to blame that ABF is not part of the NMFA?

I believe that it is the fault of ABF, and they caused a Judge to make a ruling on the issue. This never has been a issus with ABF, the ABF Teamster or the IBT until ABF filed the lawsuite. Every thing was the status quo so to speak until ABF wanted to go at the throats of the IBT and YRCW since the ABF employees voted no.

Not one time have I ever heard any officer or agent or a member say they they was denied anything in any supplement of the NMFA because they were told they were not part of it.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Who is to blame that ABF is not part of the NMFA?

ABF is part of the NMFA:

We are pleased that ABF has agreed to be bound by the 2008-2013 Teamsters National Freight Industry Standards because it will protect our members' futures, said Tyson Johnson, Director of the Teamsters National Freight Division and lead negotiator of the proposed agreement. Improving and protecting our members' wages, benefits and working conditions are our top priority. I urge all Teamster freight members to approve the tentative agreement.

The tentative agreement, also known as the National Master Freight Agreement, provides record benefit contributions from employers that will help protect health, welfare and pension benefits.

ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

I could never believe that Turncoat would ever lie!

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Maybe it was the YRC lawyers in court crying their eyes out with the same old sob story..""You know judge,if you don't rule in our favor,it would mean that YRC would most likely go out of business and it would be you judge putting 25,000 teamsters out of work"" Seems they have used these lines to their advantage..
    Until someone can show me what is different in the ABF contract,to me they are under the NMFA..

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freight

Doesn't take much to confuse me but now days how does anybody know where we or should I say they stand. It is the case of he said she said they said.

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

The Judge says no.

Proud To Be a Teamster

Local Union
    769/251
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    ABF is part of the NMFA:

We are pleased that ABF has agreed to be bound by the 2008-2013 Teamsters National Freight Industry Standards because it will protect our members' futures, said Tyson Johnson, Director of the Teamsters National Freight Division and lead negotiator of the proposed agreement. Improving and protecting our members' wages, benefits and working conditions are our top priority. I urge all Teamster freight members to approve the tentative agreement.

The tentative agreement, also known as the National Master Freight Agreement, provides record benefit contributions from employers that will help protect health, welfare and pension benefits.

ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

So Tyson Johnson says the NFIS is the same as the MNFA but the judge says no. Is that correct?

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    ABF is part of the NMFA:

Actually what the article says is
    ABF Agrees to Be Bound by 2008-2013 National Freight Standards Agreement
    To me that implies they are not part of it since they "Agreed to be bound by it"

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by ST JAY View Post
    So Tyson Johnson says the NFIS is the same as the MNFA but the judge says no. Is that correct?

No:

ABF failed to convince judge both carriers belong to same NMFA

"They were separate bargaining units, separate bargains, separate contracts," Wright said in the courtroom, according to the Times Record of Fort Smith, Ark.

Judge Called ABF, YRC Teamster Contracts Separate | Journal of Commerce

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

ABF argued that "me-too" agreement, on its approval, made it a signatory to the NMFA, a claim the Teamsters union and YRC Worldwide denied.
    Just on this issue alone is where I split with most every one, I do not see where TT or the IBT lied about this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Just on this issue alone is where I split with most every one, I do not see where TT or the IBT lied about this.
    Jimmy, I again feel betrayed by my international union leaders. They sent me a ballot and I voted on the NMFA just like I have been doing for the past 40 years...... They issued press releases stating that ABF had signed a me-too and was a party to the NMFA....... I have a copy of the NMFA that was given to me by my union....... ABF Teamsters voted for and have worked under what we were led to believe was the NMFA...... We carry that same little green contract book that you do.

If you don't think that they lied then what would you call it? I'd call it fraud. Do you think that it just slipped their minds that the ABF Teamsters were working under a separate contract? A contract that we were not allowed to even ratify. A contract that we do not even know what changes were agreed to by TNFINC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast