Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 301
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

  1. #11
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    And by the way thanks for all the welcomes.HELLO IS ANYBODY HERE!
    I'm here and I sent you a PM explaining my opinion. I sent it before I read your post ripping me apart. There are things I don't care to post on an open forum.
    crazy, ABFwife, 222lifer and 2 others like this.

  2. #12
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    Just when I thought I was out someone pulls be back in. Now please explain to me how your opinion is more believable than that of the other break room s**t house lawyers
    Because my opinion was given as someone who is fearful that ABC has contingency plans in the event of a breakdown in negotiations. The s**t house lawyers I referred to are the ones pounding the table to strike. The one's who never go to a union meeting and think we are the power we had back when we had a Master freight Agreement and a strike would affect most of the LTL business. I fear that even a rumor of a strike at ABF would have a huge affect on it's business. I can just imagine the nonunion salesmen already warning customers to sign on now.

    Come on Brother do you think abf can just walk away? They can't there are pension liabilities there are building taxes equipment payments and last but not least customers to service, We the Teamsters have always and still hold the company at bay. But you seem to suggest we want to break abf WE DO NOT!
    I'm not suggesting that at all. I doubt that we could break them even if that was the intention. I don't know about us being able to hold the company at bay As for ABF's obligations I suspect they have already figured that out

    Now you called Brothers s**t house lawyers and I must now ask you to post all the other trucking companies wages and benefit packages. If you can't then you would be guilty of being a s**t house lawyer. I sense you are afraid. Well how afraid will you be when and iif we keep bargaining from our knees and they pass contracts that takes away your pension and health benefits. Look no farther that the Iron Workers union in Cleveland Ohio they voted that all the retirees be cut to almost nothing while protecting the working Iron Workers pensions. So before you come on here slamming your own you had better look in the mirror and face the truth.

    If we don't demand a good fair contract you will soon feel the affects,YOUR SHAKING HIS HEAD BROTHER ALWAYS!
    Of course I can't list all the other companies wages and benefits packages. But if I'm not mistaken the industry leading Old Dominion pays a better straight time rate and makes a small match to the 401 Ks. It's employees don't get overtime or free pension and healthcare. It's employees work at will without any seniority or job protection of any kind. I assume that OD's costs are far less per hour than ABFs.

    I don't feel that my post was slamming my own. It was just my gut feeling on the issue. My pension runs out of money in 2020 regardless of the ABF negotiations. I don't get any healthcare benefits from the union other than my part B medicare supplement that I pay for. My only fear is for my brothers at ABF.
    crazy, ABFwife, 222lifer and 2 others like this.

  3. #13
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,142
    Rep Power
    823

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I'm here and I sent you a PM explaining my opinion. I sent it before I read your post ripping me apart. There are things I don't care to post on an open forum.
    Didn't rip you. Just posted the facts. We don't need to bend at the knees for our jobs. We are of some importance.

  4. #14
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,142
    Rep Power
    823

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    I noticed you used the phrase I FEAR several times. And since you used OD as a reference did you know arcbest uses them to move our upacks all the time.

    so you see there arcbest is giving the the beast work that would benefit abf Teamsters. So how far should we bend. I have a grievance filed to get the information on just how much they have given away. You see don't bend stand and fight for what we have agreed to in contract. I am sorry you fear what arcbest will do to us because if left alone and not held to the contract we will be left out in the cold. Now if you feel begging and pleading will stop arbest from lowering our value then please keep asking Teamsters to kneel and accept what ever bone they throw at us. I will not I am not here to break abf or arcbest but I will fight for a fair and just contract. If I could be of any help in any questions you may have about what is going on as far as money and dealings that arcbest has going on just ask. Oh by the way did you know about arcbest II ? Yes there is such a company and it is a freight forwarder company. Which may be a conflict of our contract. But hey if I can be of any help just ask. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    Last edited by MULER; 12-18-2017 at 02:38 PM.

  5. #15
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    745
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,756
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    And by the way thanks for all the welcomes.HELLO IS ANYBODY HERE!
    Welcome back Muler!!! It's great to see that you haven't changed one bit... like I see someone else has.

  6. #16
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    745
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,756
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I fear that even a rumor of a strike at ABF would have a huge affect on it's business. I can just imagine the nonunion salesmen already warning customers to sign on now.
    And since when did the rumor of a strike having a huge effect on the company's business become the union members problem? You act like the break room crap house lawyers want to strike! You... for one 2631... should know that nobody ever wants to strike!!! And how about what happened in 2013... the first time in history that our own IBT used the threat of a strike against it's own members... and it worked. Just like you are trying to do again here... with these posts of yours. ABF Freight already lost Timekeeper and UPack... how many more years do you think it will take Judy to strip away everything ABF Freight has if something isn't done to try and rectify that 2013 disastrous contract now?

    IMO... you're letting your fear overrule your good judgement just like like so many ABF Teamsters did back in 2013.

  7. #17
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    Welcome back Muler!!! It's great to see that you haven't changed one bit... like I see someone else has.
    I guess that dig was for me. If so you are correct I have changed. But in no way have I changed in my caring for my brother Teamsters. I would love to see you guys get a great contract. To get your 7%, vacation and work rules back. But I have become a real pessimist in my old age. Hoffa threw the NMFA Teamsters under the bus 11 years ago when he gave UPSF/Overnite that stand alone sweetheart contract and separate pension. When he made New Penn vote until they got it right. When he took away 705's white paper contract. When he sat on the B O D of the NCCMP which lobbied to cut our pensions.

    I honestly believe the game is rigged against the ABF freight Teamsters. I think Hoffa would like you to accept contracts designed by YRC and UPSF. Or to see you guys just go away. I believe he has put you in a position of weakness with very little to bargain with. I hope I'm wrong but I believe any type of strike, walkout or job action will signal the end of ABF as we know it.
    crazy, fedexnuno and wizard like this.

  8. #18
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    745
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,756
    Rep Power
    509

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I guess that dig was for me. If so you are correct I have changed. But in no way have I changed in my caring for my brother Teamsters. I would love to see you guys get a great contract. To get your 7%, vacation and work rules back. But I have become a real pessimist in my old age. Hoffa threw the NMFA Teamsters under the bus 11 years ago when he gave UPSF/Overnite that stand alone sweetheart contract and separate pension. When he made New Penn vote until they got it right. When he took away 705's white paper contract. When he sat on the B O D of the NCCMP which lobbied to cut our pensions.

    I honestly believe the game is rigged against the ABF freight Teamsters. I think Hoffa would like you to accept contracts designed by YRC and UPSF. Or to see you guys just go away. I believe he has put you in a position of weakness with very little to bargain with. I hope I'm wrong but I believe any type of strike, walkout or job action will signal the end of ABF as we know it.
    And if Judy gets away with shoving another crappy contract down the throats of the ABF Teamsters... that will not only be the end of ABF as we know it... it will also ultimately be the end of ABF period. The fight should of took place in 2013... but that didn't happen... and all because of fear. That contract gave Judy the time and money to set her devious plan in motion... but she still needs more time and non-assets to accomplish that goal and I sincerely believe there's still a chance to turn it all around because... like you... I really care for my Brother Teamsters too!!!

    You say that you honestly believe the game is rigged against the ABF freight Teamsters... that I agree with but what I don't agree with is just giving up and caving in like I believe you are suggesting because if you do that... one just might as well lay down and die now because there isn't no worthwhile future for them anyhow. If you see yourself going down... for God's sake... at least go down fighting because that "He that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day" BS didn't work in 2013 and it sure as hell won't work now! And that kind of thinking never did and never will work with evil corporations.

    Teamsters fight... that's what they do... they always had to and they always will have to!
    2631 likes this.

  9. #19
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    And since when did the rumor of a strike having a huge effect on the company's business become the union members problem?
    I remember back I think it was in 94 when the we lost major accounts at Red Star before a strike vote was even taken. It was the members problem back then when many on the bottom of the seniority lists sat home for a lack of work. And then stood on the picket lines while Hoffa allowed Carolina and Preston to work.


    You act like the break room crap house lawyers want to strike! You... for one 2631... should know that nobody ever wants to strike!!!
    They did back then and did from 2004 to 2010 when I worked at ABF.

    And how about what happened in 2013... the first time in history that our own IBT used the threat of a strike against it's own members... and it worked. Just like you are trying to do again here... with these posts of yours.
    I retired in 2010 and had no influence in 2013 anymore than I have today. I not trying to use the threat of a strike against the ABF Teamsters. I was just expressing my opinion on how it may hurt them.

    ABF Freight already lost Timekeeper and UPack... how many more years do you think it will take Judy to strip away everything ABF Freight has if something isn't done to try and rectify that 2013 disastrous contract now?

    IMO... you're letting your fear overrule your good judgement just like like so many ABF Teamsters did back in 2013.
    I would guess that ABF already has that in the planning stages. But you are right I am fearful for my brother Teamsters at ABF. Docker you and Muler know much more about what's going on. I can only give into my fears based on what I've seen in my 41 years as an LTL Teamster peddle driver. In my negative opinion the game is rigged.

  10. #20
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

    Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    And if Judy gets away with shoving another crappy contract down the throats of the ABF Teamsters... that will not only be the end of ABF as we know it... it will also ultimately be the end of ABF period. The fight should of took place in 2013... but that didn't happen... and all because of fear. That contract gave Judy the time and money to set her devious plan in motion... but she still needs more time and non-assets to accomplish that goal and I sincerely believe there's still a chance to turn it all around because... like you... I really care for my Brother Teamsters too!!!

    You say that you honestly believe the game is rigged against the ABF freight Teamsters... that I agree with but what I don't agree with is just giving up and caving in like I believe you are suggesting because if you do that... one just might as well lay down and die now because there isn't no worthwhile future for them anyhow. If you see yourself going down... for God's sake... at least go down fighting because that "He that fights and runs away, may turn and fight another day" BS didn't work in 2013 and it sure as hell won't work now! And that kind of thinking never did and never will work with evil corporations.

    Teamsters fight... that's what they do... they always had to and they always will have to!
    I can't disagree with anything in that post. I guess I'm just thinking about ABF being the last stop on the downhill ride for a lot of freight Teamsters nearing retirement.
    crazy likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350