Like Tree225Likes

Thread: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: ABF Freight Announces Negotiations Start Date with Teamsters

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I can't disagree with anything in that post. I guess I'm just thinking about ABF being the last stop on the downhill ride for a lot of freight Teamsters nearing retirement.
    I'm thinking about the future of ABF Freight and the future and self-respect of the ABF Teamsters 2631... and IMO... I see them being played for fools by both... the IBT and Judy. And just the mere thought of that is what sets me into a rage and keeps me awake at night.

Just like our good ole IBT POS... throwing the ABF Teamsters under the bus in order to make that ABF lawsuit go away. After all... Arcbest didn't care where that $750 million came from which they already received over half of that last contract.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    I remember back I think it was in 94 when the we lost major accounts at Red Star before a strike vote was even taken. It was the members problem back then when many on the bottom of the seniority lists sat home for a lack of work. And then stood on the picket lines while Hoffa allowed Carolina and Preston to work.

They did back then and did from 2004 to 2010 when I worked at ABF.

I retired in 2010 and had no influence in 2013 anymore than I have today. I not trying to use the threat of a strike against the ABF Teamsters. I was just expressing my opinion on how it may hurt them.

I would guess that ABF already has that in the planning stages. But you are right I am fearful for my brother Teamsters at ABF. Docker you and Muler know much more about what's going on. I can only give into my fears based on what I've seen in my 41 years as an LTL Teamster peddle driver. In my negative opinion the game is rigged.
    Docker - And since when did the rumor of a strike having a huge effect on the company's business become the union members problem?
    2631- I remember back I think it was in 94 when the we lost major accounts at Red Star before a strike vote was even taken. It was the members problem back then when many on the bottom of the seniority lists sat home for a lack of work. And then stood on the picket lines while Hoffa allowed Carolina and Preston to work.
    And how exactly was that the members problem? Sure... some of the members suffered right along with the company but it still remains the company's problem because the strike threat is and will always remain the last viable resource the union member has at getting a fair and just contract. You know as well as I do that the companies have always played hardball and cried poor when it was contract time. The difference now being that there's a new breed of Teamster that's frolicking about expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter that's either unwilling or unable to fight for it and the companies know it. What happened at Red Star wasn't just an isolated event either... companies have always lost major accounts when their customers realized the good possibility of a strike being called. That all comes with the territory when one's willing to fight for something they believe in. Tell me... did you ever vote for a strike... if so... why?

Docker - You act like the break room crap house lawyers want to strike! You... for one 2631... should know that nobody ever wants to strike!!!
    2631- They did back then and did from 2004 to 2010 when I worked at ABF.
    And once again... there isn't one person of sound mind and bills to pay that ever wants to strike. They just feel there's that need to strike.

Docker - And how about what happened in 2013... the first time in history that our own IBT used the threat of a strike against it's own members... and it worked. Just like you are trying to do again here... with these posts of yours.
    2631- I retired in 2010 and had no influence in 2013 anymore than I have today. I not trying to use the threat of a strike against the ABF Teamsters. I was just expressing my opinion on how it may hurt them.
    And I'm just expressing my opinion.

Docker- ABF Freight already lost Timekeeper and UPack... how many more years do you think it will take Judy to strip away everything ABF Freight has if something isn't done to try and rectify that 2013 disastrous contract now?

IMO... you're letting your fear overrule your good judgment just like so many ABF Teamsters did back in 2013.
    2631- I would guess that ABF already has that in the planning stages. But you are right I am fearful for my brother Teamsters at ABF. Docker you and Muler know much more about what's going on. I can only give into my fears based on what I've seen in my 41 years as an LTL Teamster peddle driver. In my negative opinion the game is rigged.
    Like I said... IMO... the game is rigged too but that doesn't mean one just rolls over and beg for mercy either. And by the way... In case you didn't know...I'm retired now too and the only reason I still know most of what's going on is that I make it a point to do so. That's how much I despise how Judy's destroying the very company I conscientiously worked for all those years and how the IBT is now destroying our once great union by stabbing my beloved Brothers and Sisters in the back.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    NPME/YRC

Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    And by the way thanks for all the welcomes.HELLO IS ANYBODY HERE!
    Welcome back Mr. Muler. It's good to see you posting here.
    And welcome back, Docker, too.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 12-19-2017 at 07:59 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Welcome back Mr. Muler. It's good to see you posting here.
    And welcome back, Docker, too.
    Yeah Docker got loose and I had to hunt him down.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Teamsters, ABF Kick Off National Contract Negotiations

The Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee (TNFINC) exchanged initial national contract proposals with ABF yesterday, kicking off national negotiations that will continue next month.

“We exchanged initial contract proposals and we will review the documents as we prepare for negotiations to begin in earnest next month,” said Ernie Soehl, Director of the Teamsters National Freight Division and Co-Chairman of TNFINC. “I want to thank our ABF members for helping us get to this point with the contract by submitting member surveys. These negotiations will be difficult but our committee is prepared to make sure our members’ priorities are fully addressed in negotiations.”

The current ABF—National Master Freight Agreement runs through March 31, 2018 and covers more than 8,000 members.

Following today’s initial contract proposal exchange, negotiations will take place on January 8. Multiple weeks have been set aside for bargaining.

Visit the new ABF Teamsters Facebook page @ABFteamsters where members can see the latest updates.
    https://teamster.org/news/2017/12/te...t-negotiations
    2631, 222lifer and fedexnuno like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by Docker View Post
    And how exactly was that the members problem? Sure... some of the members suffered right along with the company but it still remains the company's problem because the strike threat is and will always remain the last viable resource the union member has at getting a fair and just contract. You know as well as I do that the companies have always played hardball and cried poor when it was contract time. The difference now being that there's a new breed of Teamster that's frolicking about expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter that's either unwilling or unable to fight for it and the companies know it. What happened at Red Star wasn't just an isolated event either... companies have always lost major accounts when their customers realized the good possibility of a strike being called. That all comes with the territory when one's willing to fight for something they believe in. Tell me... did you ever vote for a strike... if so... why?

And once again... there isn't one person of sound mind and bills to pay that ever wants to strike. They just feel there's that need to strike.

And I'm just expressing my opinion.

Like I said... IMO... the game is rigged too but that doesn't mean one just rolls over and beg for mercy either. And by the way... In case you didn't know...I'm retired now too and the only reason I still know most of what's going on is that I make it a point to do so. That's how much I despise how Judy's destroying the very company I conscientiously worked for all those years and how the IBT is now destroying our once great union by stabbing my beloved Brothers and Sisters in the back.
    First of all,let me just say,I don't know you two fellow Teamsters,but I do know 2631,for a long...long...time.20 years at APA,and now 15 with ABF...and still kicking it.Let me tell you guys something...2631 is one of the most Loyal...Dedicated...Knowledgeable Union Men I've had the HONOR to not only work beside...but to have as a True Friend.I value his OPINIONS as much as I value his RESPECT...And if you two gentlemen are half the Teamsters that 2631 has been throughout his Teamster career...I Salute You...You blame Judy for destroying the company...You blame the IBT for destroying our once great UNION...You say the difference being a ''NEW BREED of TEAMSTER''...No...As Pogo so aptly stated...''We have Met the Enemy and it is US''...Apathy and Indifference is destroying our once great Union...A few months ago we had our local election...3400 ballets sent out...Didn't even need a stamp...The Local received back,maybe 700...DISGRACE...last contract...3 terminals met at a central location to discuss the FINAL contract proposal...maybe 25 guys showed up...DISGRACE...I work with men who have been Teamsters for 20,25 years...NEVER been to a Union Meeting...DISGRACE...I work with men who as long as their getting their 15,20 hours OT...They could care less about the Union...Disgrace...I work with men who are BEST FRIENDS with management to secure a BETTER DEAL for themselves...go drinking...go bike riding together...DISGRACE...I have much more to say...but it's late and I'am tired.
    crazy, 2631, ABFwife and 1 others like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

wizard that is a great post. You embarrass me with your compliments but the rest of the post is right on the money. You are a loyal stand up Teamster and at the same time you were a loyal hard working APA and now ABF employee. I don't know Docker or Muler but I have long respected their pro-union posts. I didn't always agree with some of the in your face type posts but rarely did I disagree with their intents. They don't beat around the bush or mince words. They meet the issues straight on. I would like to see them post on TOL more often.

I was excited when I first saw I had a PM from Muler since he has been gone for some time. But as I read the PM I realized he wasn't happy with my first post on this thread. I hope that they understand it wasn't my intention to try and negatively influence any ABF Teamsters in their attempts to secure a better contract. I guess I'm still gun shy from the way Hoffa caused the Red Star shut down and the destruction of our NMFA.
    crazy, ABFwife, fedexnuno and 1 others like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    First of all,let me just say,I don't know you two fellow Teamsters,but I do know 2631,for a long...long...time.20 years at APA,and now 15 with ABF...and still kicking it.Let me tell you guys something...2631 is one of the most Loyal...Dedicated...Knowledgeable Union Men I've had the HONOR to not only work beside...but to have as a True Friend.I value his OPINIONS as much as I value his RESPECT...And if you two gentlemen are half the Teamsters that 2631 has been throughout his Teamster career...I Salute You...You blame Judy for destroying the company...You blame the IBT for destroying our once great UNION...You say the difference being a ''NEW BREED of TEAMSTER''...No...As Pogo so aptly stated...''We have Met the Enemy and it is US''...Apathy and Indifference is destroying our once great Union...A few months ago we had our local election...3400 ballets sent out...Didn't even need a stamp...The Local received back,maybe 700...DISGRACE...last contract...3 terminals met at a central location to discuss the FINAL contract proposal...maybe 25 guys showed up...DISGRACE...I work with men who have been Teamsters for 20,25 years...NEVER been to a Union Meeting...DISGRACE...I work with men who as long as their getting their 15,20 hours OT...They could care less about the Union...Disgrace...I work with men who are BEST FRIENDS with management to secure a BETTER DEAL for themselves...go drinking...go bike riding together...DISGRACE...I have much more to say...but it's late and I'am tired.
    Well... seeing how you so eloquently stated how you don't know us two fellow Teamsters but made it a point to intercede on your true friend's behalf... let me start off by saying that I think that's a great quality to have in this day and age and that I commend you for. Now... that being said... just what are you trying get accomplished and just what are you disputing? Are you disputing the fact that Judy isn't destroying ABF Freight or the IBT isn't destroying our once great union? And just what is the problem with the difference being the 'new breed of Teamster'? You say no but contradict yourself with this ... "We have Met the Enemy and it is US''... Apathy and Indifference is destroying our once great Union... because I have news for you... that 'new breed of Teamster' and what you just said are one in the same. As a matter of fact... everything you said after that point is all the product of that 'new breed of Teamster'. And as for that "working with men who have been Teamsters for 20...25 years" remark... just what are you implying here? Just because you are trying to make a point by saying some have been Teamsters for 20 or 25 years doesn't mean jack because our great union has always had some with these "undesirable traits" amongst us... just not that many to make a difference like the number of this 'new breed' has. To put it in a way that you will understand my meaning... those Teamsters that I mentioned with the "undesirable traits" used to be the exception to the rule... and now... those Teamsters with that "old school' mentality seem to be the exception to the rule. So.. if you want to talk about what's bringing disgrace on this once great union of ours... look no further than it being overrun with this 'new breed' by allowing the company and its corrupt leadership to roll over them just because they are either unwilling or unable to fight for what they deserve.

And... talking about disgrace... disgrace is not willing to stand up and fight for what you believe in... even if that means having to strike to do it!!! Disgrace is also allowing to be ruled by fear. Disgrace is also all about letting the company know just how fearful you are before the negotiations begin... that is if you're naive enough to believe that the company doesn't monitor Teamster sites such as this.

Now... since we are now starting to get to know each other... please... do tell me exactly what is it about me that bothers you so?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

First of all,let me just say,I don't know you two fellow Teamsters,but I do know 2631,for a long...long...time.20 years at APA,and now 15 with ABF...and still kicking it.Let me tell you guys something...2631 is one of the most Loyal...Dedicated...Knowledgeable Union Men I've had the HONOR to not only work beside...but to have as a True Friend.I value his OPINIONS as much as I value his RESPECT...And if you two gentlemen are half the Teamsters that 2631 has been throughout his Teamster career...I Salute You.
    Now that you got that off your chest... let me get this off mine. Let me tell you a little about Muler. Not only is he one of the most Loyal...Dedicated...Knowledgeable Teamster that has been my honor and privilege to know... he is also one of the best friends one could even wish to have... has more knowledge about the contract and union affairs than I ever met... has saved more Teamsters jobs and helped of a jam in his 35+ years than you can even imagine and the one Steward that I would want in my corner if my job was ever on the line... and that even goes for going up against anyone in our leadership that I consider corrupt. And if you are just one eighth of a Teamster... let alone the man he is... I will also salute you!!
    Last edited by Docker; 12-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Well wizard I see you have just one man that you feel is a good Teamster, 2631 and I have never had a problem. With that said he made a post that I had concerns with some things he referenced. First things first though you come on this thread and talk about how great 2631 is and was that is good you hold him in such high esteem.
    But then you went south on everyone else that pays union dues each and every month. You put down so many other Teamsters that I am shocked, I have been a steward for decades and I can say that not all those that attend union meetings are the cream of the Teamster crop.

You put down those that did not show up at the contract meeting are you aware that many of our Brothers can read and will vote only after receiving and reading the said contract this does not make them bad Teamsters. As for some that don't attend meetings monthly some have family members that have issues such as health and birth defects that requires they give their wives a break on weekends. You speak of a low voter turn out for your local election did you stop to think that maybe some did not like any of the candidates?
    And on the over time issue I can only think by your post that you have been blessed with none of your children returning back to the nest due to divorce or the loss of a job because after all that generation is the largest to return and that would mean those Teamsters that you so strongly call a DISGRACE is supporting two and some times three families.

As I read your post the only Teamsters you approved of was yourself and 2631. So I am happy you met him or else you would be the only REAL TEAMSTER. Yes I am known to speak my mind but when I seen all the likes you got for downing all those Teamsters you felt are not worthy it reminded me why I got banned from this site years ago. But keep posting and tell me more about the worthless Teamsters you have to cope with daily. I bet they look at you and dream of being just like you someday. YOUR UNWORTHY BROTHER ALWAYS! And hey don't worry about being off topic because the powers that be here gave you likes for it.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast