Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is going on with ABF?

  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,956
    Rep Power
    897

    Default What is going on with ABF?

    My husband is hardly working this whole year so far. Slow season should be over by now. Two trips a week is all he gets. Any news?

  2. #2
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    140

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    My husband is hardly working this whole year so far. Slow season should be over by now. Two trips a week is all he gets. Any news?
    Is he and the other road drivers keeping track of the OTR cartage that I'm sure is coming in and out of ABQ? I see plenty of it in NJ at 352 in Avenel. Werner, Bart Nunn, Total Transportation all running our freight to and from Winston Salem, NC, and Atlanta, GA, No sign in or out sheets for them like there's supposed to be, I doubt the IBT keeps track of any i it.

  3. #3
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,956
    Rep Power
    897

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Is he and the other road drivers keeping track of the OTR cartage that I'm sure is coming in and out of ABQ? I see plenty of it in NJ at 352 in Avenel. Werner, Bart Nunn, Total Transportation all running our freight to and from Winston Salem, NC, and Atlanta, GA, No sign in or out sheets for them like there's supposed to be, I doubt the IBT keeps track of any i it.
    I have no idea but will mention it. And it seems the COO really messed things up too.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    Is he and the other road drivers keeping track of the OTR cartage that I'm sure is coming in and out of ABQ? I see plenty of it in NJ at 352 in Avenel. Werner, Bart Nunn, Total Transportation all running our freight to and from Winston Salem, NC, and Atlanta, GA, No sign in or out sheets for them like there's supposed to be, I doubt the IBT keeps track of any i it.
    Doesn't the dock guys keep track of those loads? I heard they hired 10 NEMF guys there so they must be kind of busy.

  5. #5
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    140

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Doesn't the dock guys keep track of those loads? I heard they hired 10 NEMF guys there so they must be kind of busy.
    You know I asked a couple of the dock men a couple of weeks ago and I pretty much got a shrug of the shoulders for a response unfortunately.

  6. #6
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    140

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I have no idea but will mention it. And it seems the COO really messed things up too.
    What was the COO for specifically, do you know?

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    You know I asked a couple of the dock men a couple of weeks ago and I pretty much got a shrug of the shoulders for a response unfortunately.
    Maybe when wizard comes on he can shed some light on it.

  8. #8
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Local Union
    710
    Employer
    ABF 034
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    It is just slow, but it only could get better from this day forward.

  9. #9
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    40,956
    Rep Power
    897

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    What was the COO for specifically, do you know?
    When you ask what it was for do you mean why they did it? If that is your question I am assuming in some ridiculous way it was to save money. It affected the whole area out here in the west and southwest. That much I know. And no one is working......

  10. #10
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    493
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    140

    Default Re: What is going on with ABF?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    When you ask what it was for do you mean why they did it? If that is your question I am assuming in some ridiculous way it was to save money. It affected the whole area out here in the west and southwest. That much I know. And no one is working......
    Well when I look at the staffing changes per location when that COO was proposed, were relay/meet & turn type runs eliminated, and if so are there more scab truckload cartage carriers pulling freight out of ABQ since it went into effect?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350