Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default IBT Launches Carhaul Jobs Campaign

October 16, 2009: On October 15 the International Union announced its new campaign to save Teamster carhaul jobs, with initial plans to handbill at Chrysler and GM dealers each weekend.

The corporate campaign aims to pressure Fiat-Chrysler and GM to stop their moves to drive out union carriers in favor of low-paying nonunion operations. Those two companies, especially Chrysler, are presently the most aggressive against the union. They are also the two car makers who received bail-out funds from taxpayers, a move supported by the Teamsters Union and other unions.

The first stage of the campaign, called “the wave” by the IBT, involves six weekends of hand-billing dealerships and special events. The second stage of the campaign, called “the tsunami” by the IBT, will then step it up further.

James Hoffa ended a conference call for Teamsters by saying it will be up to carhaul members to make the plan work by volunteering. The call, led by Carhaul Director Fred Zuckerman and IBT staffers, explained the situation in the industry and the IBT plan.
    IBT Launches Carhaul Jobs Campaign | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

ENOUGH I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    Who Knows?

Default Re: IBT Launches Carhaul Jobs Campaign

Where was the IBT years ago when the scabs started to take the carhaul industry over?

The IBT was endorsing pay cuts to save Teamster carhaul jobs and make us competative with the scabs. THATS WHERE THEY WERE!

Nothing done when the time was right and now they ask for volunteers to leaflet dealers. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!

The damage has already taken place, non union scabs are everywhere in carhaul.

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap560 View Post
    Where was the IBT years ago when the scabs started to take the carhaul industry over?

The IBT was endorsing pay cuts to save Teamster carhaul jobs and make us competative with the scabs. THATS WHERE THEY WERE!

Nothing done when the time was right and now they ask for volunteers to leaflet dealers. TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!

The damage has already taken place, non union scabs are everywhere in carhaul.
    At the last union meeting that I went to, my BA said scabs were in his carhaul yard. He was not happy about it. Allied in winston salem

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    cassens

Local 938 website hasn't been updated in months, all of a sudden it takes on a whole new look when Allied is threatening to go with the CAW.

brokenborders.ca

Just to clarify something.....they have written in the Truth vs Lies link here that Cassens drivers had a vote on changing the border agreement. That is absolutely false. This has been rammed down our throats just as it has for our Allied bros.

Would have been good if the IBT was pro-active way back when, instead of re-active now, when it's likely too late

One More Time

Local Union
    Employer
    RoadWay Express

October 16, 2009: On October 15 the International Union announced its new campaign to save Teamster carhaul jobs, with initial plans to handbill at Chrysler and GM dealers each weekend.

The corporate campaign aims to pressure Fiat-Chrysler and GM to stop their moves to drive out union carriers in favor of low-paying nonunion operations. Those two companies, especially Chrysler, are presently the most aggressive against the union. They are also the two car makers who received bail-out funds from taxpayers, a move supported by the Teamsters Union and other unions.

The first stage of the campaign, called “the wave” by the IBT, involves six weekends of hand-billing dealerships and special events. The second stage of the campaign, called “the tsunami” by the IBT, will then step it up further.

James Hoffa ended a conference call for Teamsters by saying it will be up to carhaul members to make the plan work by volunteering. The call, led by Carhaul Director Fred Zuckerman and IBT staffers, explained the situation in the industry and the IBT plan.
    Why don't they do a little paid-for advertising on network tv, and add the fact that Union trucking is under assault as well as carriers are more than willing to haul freight at a loss if not for free, (we have dumping laws when it comes to imports and this is the equivalent) And how in these harsh economic times how corporate America is putting the Middle Class under a war-fare-like-assault.. I honestly believe if people actually knew the target on a Union member's back right now they might actually get behind us as a group..

America the Beautiful

Local Union
    92x42
    Employer
    Carhaul for Food&Shelter

Just got home from a peaceful handbilling in Southaven, Ms.
    We setup our informantional picket, all four of us, and we were aproached by the managers of Landers Chrysler. After explaining our position and giving our literture to them, we were told to leave the premises.
    We responded with our 1st Amendment Rights and the police were called. The police told us that we were distracting the traffic on the highway in front of the dealer and that we were to vacate the premises or people would be going to jail. No discussion, even though the Southaven police are members of the FOP. We did manage to pass out a handful of flyers.
    I don't know that this tactic is good for our cause. We are after the attention of the public, not to pissoff the dealers. We have no conflict with the dealers, it is with GM and Chrysler.
    And my suspicion is that we are being made pawns and doing Allieds' dirty work. Who is GM and Chrysler going to be pissoffed at? Allied? Cassens? JackCooper? Jactive? No, Teamster carhaulers.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union

Their not pissed at anybody ever since the govement has been handing out money like candy they came up with this ideal to cut transportation costs no matter what!

ENOUGH I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    Who Knows?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdnj View Post
    Just got home from a peaceful handbilling in Southaven, Ms.
    We setup our informantional picket, all four of us, and we were aproached by the managers of Landers Chrysler. After explaining our position and giving our literture to them, we were told to leave the premises.
    We responded with our 1st Amendment Rights and the police were called. The police told us that we were distracting the traffic on the highway in front of the dealer and that we were to vacate the premises or people would be going to jail. No discussion, even though the Southaven police are members of the FOP. We did manage to pass out a handful of flyers.
    I don't know that this tactic is good for our cause. We are after the attention of the public, not to pissoff the dealers. We have no conflict with the dealers, it is with GM and Chrysler.
    And my suspicion is that we are being made pawns and doing Allieds' dirty work. Who is GM and Chrysler going to be pissoffed at? Allied? Cassens? JackCooper? Jactive? No, Teamster carhaulers.
    The same tactic of handbilling at dealers was undertaken by Local 326 several (5 - 6) years ago when Allied lost the Dodge Durango work out of Newark, DE to Fleet Car scabs. To make a long story short nothing changed. Allied lost the work, Fleet Car retained the work until the plant was closed late last year, and Teamster carhaulers lost members. The whole campaign didn't amount to a hill of beans.

I almost forgot the best part, whenever Fleet Car got backed up and were very busy who did they call for help?

CAN YOU SAY TEAMSTER UNION CARRIERS.

Yes that is right! Teamster Union carriers. Allied, Cassens, and Active all jumped at the chance to help the scab competition out in their time of need.

Makes me wonder if the owners of the Union outfits don't have a vested interest in the scab outfits and will profit no matter what.

City Mutant

I participated in one on Sat. The Dealership owner came out and said he understood our plight. But he said we were unfairly hurting his business. He also had a KIA dealership right next door. We weren't made to leave, in fact Firetrucks blasted their airhorns, and 1-2 cops at least waved back to us.
    The dealership wasn't happy...They should call up Chrysler and Complain.

City Mutant

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap560 View Post
    The same tactic of handbilling at dealers was undertaken by Local 326 several (5 - 6) years ago when Allied lost the Dodge Durango work out of Newark, DE to Fleet Car scabs. To make a long story short nothing changed. Allied lost the work, Fleet Car retained the work until the plant was closed late last year, and Teamster carhaulers lost members. The whole campaign didn't amount to a hill of beans.

I almost forgot the best part, whenever Fleet Car got backed up and were very busy who did they call for help?

CAN YOU SAY TEAMSTER UNION CARRIERS.

Yes that is right! Teamster Union carriers. Allied, Cassens, and Active all jumped at the chance to help the scab competition out in their time of need.

Makes me wonder if the owners of the Union outfits don't have a vested interest in the scab outfits and will profit no matter what.
    You are right. I like to participate. I like to campaign. There is no doubt that if people don't organize, agitate, and campaign we are lost. And there isn't nearly enough, NOT NEARLY ENOUGH folks doing it. That's why you are right.
    It won't amount to a hill of beans.
    Only DIRECT ACTION will change things. Peace Brothers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast