As of last month, only two of my kids and my grandchildren are left in this state. But, I have many friends there. I really don't know how any of them are making it. All I hear is how great the recovery has been there but it seems to me only for certain people. Check out these numbers:

Earlier this week, the California Budget Project released our annual Labor Day report, taking a look at the latest employment and wage trends, what they mean for workers and their families, and some key implications for public policy. This new report shows that even after more than three years of job gains, California’s recovery from the Great Recession thus far has left many workers behind.
Uneven Progress: What the Economic Recovery Has Meant for California’s Workers finds that Californians continue to face a deeply challenging job market, with long-term unemployment down only slightly from a record high, much of the state still stuck in double-digit unemployment, and wages among low- and mid-wage workers still below where they were prior to the recession, after adjusting for inflation. Here are some key findings from the report:
Labor's Edge Blog : Uneven Progress: What the Economic Recovery Has Meant for California