Third Generation Teamster

Local Union
    Employer
    Atlas

Default This really pisses me off..

I consider myself to be a Patriotic person. I have been taught American values growing up being raised by a father that served with 101st Airborne Division (during the Vietnam-Era) and was a Teamster for 25 years (Local 710). I myself would gladly serve my country if I was asked to. I have served as a Union Firefighter (IAFF) and have been a Teamster for 2 years (Local 135).

I believe in this country and would love to believe in leaders who we elect to lead this country but so many things change the way I think. I believe that our government should not sell us out!

I believe your either part of the problem or part of the solution..

I believe..
    Americans should still be able to achieve the American dream of working hard having a place to live, raise your family, and retire.

In reality jobs are being sent overseas and to foreign nations, and neighboring countries by the record numbers. People are paying more money than ever for gasoline, food, and other necessities. In most families both parents are working to pay for things and debt is high because people don't make enough money. Because high paying jobs are being sent to other countries for cheaper labor. If you give Americans good paying jobs they will work our economy will grow and people will be able to provide for their families, buy new cars, and every American company will profit. Wal-Mart does not provide any hope for by paying people $7/hr and helping to close local business because they cannot compete. Do you think people making
    $10/hr can provide for themselves, their family, and still save enough for retirement? I highly doubt it.

I believe..
    MADE IN AMERICA should mean something. It should have a value to it and be known for quality workmanship and worth the money. It should never be undersold by a cheaper item Made in China or Mexico.

Look at your children's toys made in China using lead paint? I would never trust the Made in China label for my child. Because there are not enough Made in the USA toys people rely on the cheaper toys Made in China or Mexico.

Look at your clothing tags Made in Bangladesh, Made in Pakistan, what happen to all the clothing factories in the USA?

I believe...
    That food should only be Made in the USA...

If Americans are eating it why aren't American's manufacturing it?
    I have noticed a new brand of snake cakes replacing the Hostess, Little Debbie, and Dolly Madison brand. A company called BIMBO bakeries has snack cakes replacing some of the shelves once held by American brands. The snack cakes names are written in Spanish and MADE IN MEXICO. There are a lot of examples of this: The Orange Slice candy Wal-Mart sells under the "Great Value" brand is Made in Mexico. Check the labels on your food and see where it was made.

If you wouldn't drink the water there, why in the hell would you eat anything from there??

I believe..
    That flying the American flag upside down shows disrespect and ignorance.

While driving the other day I noticed a person who was flying their flag upside down. It pissed me off because I thought "Wow, that is pretty disrespectful to Veterans". The men who fought and died for this country for the freedom you take for granted.

Then again the person is ignorant who did that because flying the flag upside down means "distress" and you have abandoned your ship or fort. That wouldn't make much sense because the hillbilly homestead it was flying in front of he still lived in.
    Last edited by dc428; 03-20-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Freighthauler Deluxe

Local Union
    Employer
    Yellow

Default Re: This really pisses me off..

dc428...Look at your clothing tags Made in Bangladesh, Made in Pakistan, what happen to all the clothing factories in the USA?

HH...I have a shirt that is so old, the tag says "Made in USA"...
    Comment seen in "The Vent" Atlanta Journal Constitution...

dc428...A company called BIMBO bakeries has snack cakes replacing some of the shelves once held by American brands.

HH...You think that pisses you off, read this proposal... Teamsters Team Up With Yucaipa, Bimbo Bakeries USA to Save Jobs

dc428...I believe..
    That flying the American flag upside down shows disrespect and ignorance.

HH...Amen Brother. But I'll go you one further... Improper display of the flag shows disrespect and ignorance... How about businesses and government buildings (mainly post offices) that leave their flags hoisted at night, unlit? How about these "patriotic" truck drivers that fly flags from the back of their cabs, smeared in grease and road grime swiping the trailer and becoming tattered? Or hanging them on the back doors of their trailers with the same effect? I understand that they're attempting to show their "patriotism" but that, to me, is about the same as burning it in protest... If they really want to show their patriotism in proper fashion, just apply flag decals to their vehicles and quit defacing and disrespecting the flag... That grips me to no end to see that...

Freighthauler Deluxe

Local Union
    Employer
    Yellow

Default Re: This really pisses me off..

Quote Originally Posted by egambino View Post
    "HH...I have a shirt that is so old, the tag says "Made in USA"...
    Comment seen in "The Vent" Atlanta Journal Constitution..."

Nice post, HH. I still like reading the Vent online. I lived in Hall County for 10 years. Hope the damage from the tornado that hit Polk County wasn't too bad, I heard about that a few days ago.
    That's the only reason I ever buy the AJC!...

Did you live in Gainesville?...

One area of Polk Co. between Rockmart and Rome got hit pretty bad. One fatality and several homes destroyed. I guess the real story was the tornado that hit downtown Atlanta. I was in Paulding Co. on my way to work that night and from one high hill in Dallas, I could see the thunder head over Atlanta that caused all of the damage. Twas an awesome sight to say the least...