Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stabbings at a high School..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Default Stabbings at a high School..

Here we go again.. What is wrong with our society today?? What is wrong with the kids today?? Now I watch that TV show "The Following" and it is a show that is violent so how long will it be before someone blames TV ..

20 injured in Pittsburgh-area high school stabbings, authorities say - CNN.com

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Stabbings at a high School..

The whole country is going wacky. Well, I was always a bit picky about what my kids watched until they hit a certain age. And I don't think that hurt them in the least and probably helped them. Something is not being done right. People don't turn so violent for no reason. I have a lot of theories but will not even go into it here. The conservative members might go into shock.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

I am watching it on the news , they said the F.B.I. is investigating the incident , why the hell is the F.B.I. investigating a school fight what the hell kind of a police state do we live in where local police can not handle a school fight , this is a joke , we have become communist where every thing has to involve the federal government

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

I am following it as when my daughter moved to Pittsburgh she now works in Monroeville.. Not far from where all this is happening.. I just don't get it why rage takes ones mind over.. Yesterday there was another shooting at a army base..

Here's a link to that story..

Lejeune: Marine who killed Marine at base gate remains in custody | News - WCTI NewsChannel 12
    Last edited by crazy; 04-09-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

ok, I know I said I wasn't going to share my opinion but I changed my mind. I think too many people have grown up without consequences for their actions. School teachers are not even allowed to reprimand students. Why do you think I chose to homeschool my youngest? I saw what was going on in the local schools. We have talked about this before many times on TOL. Most of us grew up getting a swat for bad behavior. Many of us grew up with going to church on Sundays. I didn't have a lot of religion in my life as a child but I think just enough to teach me to have a conscience. That and I had strict parents. We keep hearing how less and less people attend church in this country. I didn't let my kids watch violence or sex on tv or in movies until I felt they were mature enough to understand that what is portrayed is not the real world for the most part. Now here is the biggy that will probably upset a lot of people. I think kids should be raised by their mothers if at all possible. I know in many cases that just cannot be but if there is any chance, forgoing the large house for a smaller one, forgoing the new car for a used one in order to be with your kids, then do it. So now I am not sure who I am shocking the most, the conservative TOL members or the "lib" members.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

When I was a kid I did not need to get hit from my parents , just the look alone was enough

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

There was a Quack on the news this morning saying parents should not tell there kids no or we can't afford something when a child asks for something , because we can damage their minds , I almost spilled my beer laughing at this jerk telling people how to raise their kids

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    ok, I know I said I wasn't going to share my opinion but I changed my mind. I think too many people have grown up without consequences for their actions. School teachers are not even allowed to reprimand students. Why do you think I chose to homeschool my youngest? I saw what was going on in the local schools. We have talked about this before many times on TOL. Most of us grew up getting a swat for bad behavior. Many of us grew up with going to church on Sundays. I didn't have a lot of religion in my life as a child but I think just enough to teach me to have a conscience. That and I had strict parents. We keep hearing how less and less people attend church in this country. I didn't let my kids watch violence or sex on tv or in movies until I felt they were mature enough to understand that what is portrayed is not the real world for the most part. Now here is the biggy that will probably upset a lot of people. I think kids should be raised by their mothers if at all possible. I know in many cases that just cannot be but if there is any chance, forgoing the large house for a smaller one, forgoing the new car for a used one in order to be with your kids, then do it. So now I am not sure who I am shocking the most, the conservative TOL members or the "lib" members.
    I couldn't agree with you more but in a lot of ways you can blame the government and Corporate America.. With the working class going further and further behind it just became necessary for both parents to work if they wanted a decent middle class living style.. When I grew up most moms were stay at home moms because dad made enough to live decently.. Today it is a different story..If we could only go back to the good times..
    slavenomore likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    SKANSKA

Brother if you could find a time machine , I will be joining you
    slavenomore likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more but in a lot of ways you can blame the government and Corporate America.. With the working class going further and further behind it just became necessary for both parents to work if they wanted a decent middle class living style.. When I grew up most moms were stay at home moms because dad made enough to live decently.. Today it is a different story..If we could only go back to the good times..
    I agree and that is why I said I know it is not possible for everyone to have mom at home. I have strong opinions about this because I worked in two different daycare/preschools and it was really not a pleasant situation for many of the children, especially the younger ones. They really needed their mamas. I was blessed to have my mom at home. It gave me stability in a situation that was otherwise not stable. I vowed that I would do whatever I could to stay with my children also. I did every kind of odd job I could find from home to stay with the kids. And I do have a good middle class lifestyle, not without it's struggles at times but we have made it this far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast