I don't pay much attention to Hollywood but I found this rather interesting. I congratulate all these Hollywood types for standing up to Sharia Law!

The Night Before the Oscars, Hollywood's starriest annual charity event, will not be held at the Beverly Hills Hotel because of the hotel’s ties to Brunei, where Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah instituted a severe new anti-gay penal code based on Sharia law last week.
MPTF’s top executives issued a statement to THR explaining that they expressed their “deep concern about the recent enactment of laws in Brunei that call for violent punishment, including amputation and death by stoning, against those engaging in same-sex activity and extramarital sexual relations and those committing adultery. We expressed very clearly that we cannot condone or tolerate these harsh and repressive laws and as a result support a business owned by the Sultan of Brunei or a Brunei sovereign fund associated with the government of Brunei.”

The MPTF joins a growing boycott of the Beverly Hills Hotel and other Dorchester Collection properties, which include the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles. On Sunday, Virgin Records mogul Richard Branson tweeted that neither his family nor Virgin employees would stay at Dorchester Collection hotels “until the Sultan abides by basic human rights.”
Beverly Hills Hotel Protest: Oscars 'Night Before' Party Pulled Over Sultan of Brunei Ownership (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter