• 3 Post By 222lifer
  • 3 Post By fxstc07

Thread: Happy fathers day

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Default Happy fathers day

Just a simple I LOVE YOU DAD,is all I need or want for Fathers Day.How many of us would MOVE MOUNTAINS just to hear those words.GOD BLESS YOU DADS.
    crazy, fxstc07, ABFwife and 3 others like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

Default Re: Happy fathers day

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads,for all you do this thumbs ups for you...
    crazy, fxstc07, 222lifer and 2 others like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Just a simple I LOVE YOU DAD,is all I need or want for Fathers Day.How many of us would MOVE MOUNTAINS just to hear those words.GOD BLESS YOU DADS.
    Those words are so true..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

I felt today would be fitting to share a personal story,met a young man through my niece,dirt bike riding buddy's,just turned 17 and has led a troubled life for the past few years,couple brushes with the law,his Mother dumped him with the Grandmother,Father in and out of jail,no job,drug addict,he was forced to drop out of school,has dyslexia,health issues,through all of this he still is a wonderful young man,respectful,mannered,ambitious and wants to move forward but is stuck in a system that makes it near impossible. In the last year got his permit and M1 endorsement but in CA can't get his license till he has this for 6 months,completes driver training course,now looking for a job is another brick wall,needs a work permit in CA,here's the catch it needs to be signed off by his school,so he's been unable to find work. I started looking into some programs and stumbled upon Job Corp,took home to a orientation and wondered if he might be wary,well he is ecstatic to enroll but now must somehow entice his deadbeat dad to sign him in,all this time he is scared,worried,confused but always remind him,don't worry it's going to o.k,we will make it work out . I have a wonderful Son that is successful,complete opposite,just wanted to take a moment on this day to say that some kids out there don't have a "Dad" and the difference you can make it a young persons life will last a lifetime in theirs and yours.
    crazy, fxstc07, ABFwife and 3 others like this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Very well said. Some of us grew up without our father's love, some of us have children that went unloved by their fathers. I don't think you guys know just how important you are in the raising of your children. It is not just about mom, especially when you have daughters. Capmac, I admire you for all you are doing to try and help this young man. I think God will bless you for this. And keep us updated. I would love to know that this young man can accomplish what he is setting out to do.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

Quote Originally Posted by capmac48 View Post
    I felt today would be fitting to share a personal story,met a young man through my niece,dirt bike riding buddy's,just turned 17 and has led a troubled life for the past few years,couple brushes with the law,his Mother dumped him with the Grandmother,Father in and out of jail,no job,drug addict,he was forced to drop out of school,has dyslexia,health issues,through all of this he still is a wonderful young man,respectful,mannered,ambitious and wants to move forward but is stuck in a system that makes it near impossible. In the last year got his permit and M1 endorsement but in CA can't get his license till he has this for 6 months,completes driver training course,now looking for a job is another brick wall,needs a work permit in CA,here's the catch it needs to be signed off by his school,so he's been unable to find work. I started looking into some programs and stumbled upon Job Corp,took home to a orientation and wondered if he might be wary,well he is ecstatic to enroll but now must somehow entice his deadbeat dad to sign him in,all this time he is scared,worried,confused but always remind him,don't worry it's going to o.k,we will make it work out . I have a wonderful Son that is successful,complete opposite,just wanted to take a moment on this day to say that some kids out there don't have a "Dad" and the difference you can make it a young persons life will last a lifetime in theirs and yours.
    Thank You for such a beautiful story.Anyone,everyone who reads this story will be the RICHER for it.These are the stories that will MOVE MOUNTAINS.These are the stories that Resonate in your soul.This is a story of the Human Condition.How do I know?Because I can FEEL this story in my Heart.I think back to when I was 17 and the difference people made in my life,that HAS LASTED A LIFE TIME.Thank You again capmac48 for giving me the GRADITUDE that I now have on this Fathers Day.Just think if we all went out and made a Difference in 1 young persons life.
    fxstc07, ABFwife, 222lifer and 2 others like this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

To all the "Dads" out there. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
    fxstc07, tiredseat and wizard like this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I hope each and everyone had a wonderful Father's day.
    I can say yesterday was a great day for me, filled with family, friends and my wife by my side as I enjoyed a sunshine filled day of leisure.
    ABFwife, capmac48 and wizard like this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-15-2014, 10:42 AM