Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast
Like Tree662Likes

Thread: Religion

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Religion

My only image of polygamy/plural marriage is what I watched a few years ago on the HBO series Big Love. The guy had 3 wives and they led a secret life in Utah. It seems to me that plural marriage is based on some religious belief spun off from the Mormon church. Didn't the early Mormons have multiple wives in order to propagate there religion?

If that is the actual belief of those people then who is the government to punish them for their beliefs? If multiple women want to live with one man that's their business. How does that affect the many problems we have in this country?

Maybe the guys are studs. Or most probably those women believe in a cult that practice polygamy. Don't they have as much right to their beliefs as we do? Don't people worship cows and snakes and sacrifice chickens as part of their beliefs? I don't care if a guy wants to marry a goat. It's their business not the government.

Many believe that it's part of the moral decline but it's been going on since before they were even born. How is making their beliefs illegal going to help society?

How is the war on poverty doing? How is the war on drugs doing? Have we solved the healthcare or homeless crises? Have we won yet? I think not. How will jailing people for their religious beliefs help solve anything?
    Last edited by 2631; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:51 AM.
    fxstc07, ABFwife and 222lifer like this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    My youngest also has a really bad toothache for awhile...the welfare crowd gets that stuff done for free..
    It costs me over $700 out of pocket on top of insurance to do it.
    I don't want to run this thread astray but I just wanted you to see this Slave. My wife's visit to the dentist yesterday. Look at what she's paid for all that dental work. You might want to find a new dentist.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    My only image of polygamy/plural marriage is what I watched a few years ago on the HBO series Big Love. The guy had 3 wives and they led a secret life in Utah. It seems to me that plural marriage is based on some religious belief spun off from the Mormon church. Didn't the early Mormons have multiple wives in order to propagate there religion?

If that is the actual belief of those people then who is the government to punish them for their beliefs? If multiple women want to live with one man that's their business. How does that affect the many problems we have in this country?

Maybe the guys are studs. Or most probably those women believe in a cult that practice polygamy. Don't they have as much right to their beliefs as we do? Don't people worship cows and snakes and sacrifice chickens as part of their beliefs? I don't care if a guy wants to marry a goat. It's their business not the government.

Many believe that it's part of the moral decline but it's been going on since before they were even born. How is making their beliefs illegal going to help society?

How is the war on poverty doing? How is the war on drugs doing? Have we solved the healthcare or homeless crises? Have we won yet? I think not. How will jailing people for their religious beliefs help solve anything?
    My only issue with this is that I have an aunt and uncle in Utah and they have both told me (correct or not) that one specific cult in southern Utah, the infamous Colorado city I believe it is called, live off welfare the men have so many wives and kids. And another thing is their great big houses they build are only partially finished because something to do with the fact that if they are still "working on them" they get some kind of tax breaks. This town has been featured on the tv shoe 20/20 several times and it is super creepy. I do have to work this morning but will do a little research on this when I get home. Supposedly they use their ebt (is that what they are called?)cards in Arizona as well and that state is not happy about it but I really do need to research if this is correct.

As far as our moral decline, I sure don't think we can blame that on the polygamist Mormons. I can think of a million other issues that are leading to the failure of marriage in this country and Mormons aren't one of them.
    Last edited by ABFwife; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:46 AM.
    2631 and 222lifer like this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

As far as our moral decline, I sure don't think we can blame that on the polygamist Mormons. I can think of a million other issues that are leading to the failure of marriage in this country and Mormons aren't one of them.
    The point is there is no grounds for calling this activity illegal. The definition of Marriage is now changed.
    Also the Muslim have multiple wifes too.
    I've heard of living of the state with the wording extended family.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I said I would do my research. Some of this article are very old but very interesting.

Government money and public funds pay for polygamy

Hildale -- Welfare is often how polygamist communities like Hildale in Utah and Colorado City in Arizona substantially support themselves. Polygamists often use food stamps to feed their families. Former polygamist Benjamin Bisline said, "If it wasn't for government subsidies, these people couldn't survive. There are people here with 15 wives on welfare.'' Bisline still lives in a polygamist town.

The twin polygamist communities of Hildale and Colorado City on the Utah-Arizona border totaled 5,274 in 1998. And everything within these towns is overshadowed by the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (FLDS), the largest polygamist group in North America.
    Colorado City and Hildale were on a list of the top ten towns with a population over 2,000 in the Intermountain West for reliance upon Medicaid (health care for the poor) in 1998. And in that same year the same towns draw from the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program (food for low-income mothers) could only be equaled by Western Indian reservations and impoverished inner cities. 33% of Hildale and Colorado City residents were using food stamps in 1998. To put this into perspective, respectively Arizona's average was 6.7% and Utah's 4.7% during that same period.
    https://culteducation.com/group/1099...-polygamy.html

Wow! Check this article out!

FLDS towns don’t use the most food stamps — but they get a lot of money

SALT LAKE CITY -- The polygamous border towns of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Ariz., are in a dire economic situation, prompting many to seek welfare assistance.

Despite a repeated claim that FLDS members are instructed to "bleed the beast," data shows Hildale does not appear to be the biggest recipients of food stamps -- but families there do get the most money.
    The FLDS communities' use of food stamps has received new scrutiny since federal prosecutors leveled SNAP fraud and money laundering charges against 11 members of the polygamous sect, including FLDS bishops John Wayman, Lyle Jeffs, and Seth Jeffs (who are brothers to imprisoned church leader Warren Jeffs). The Utah Department of Workforce Services told FOX 13 it has been cooperating with federal investigators, handing over transaction data that was requested.

The Arizona Department of Economic Security reported 3,900 individuals in 508 households received SNAP benefits in Colorado City, for an average of $400,000 each month in 2015. In Hildale, the Utah Department of Workforce Services reported 228 households receiving $2.3 million in 2015.
    https://fox13now.com/2016/05/04/flds...-lot-of-money/

I found a lot about the housing there but nothing saying they get tax breaks for the unfinished houses. But I can tell you they were everywhere. The strangest thing I ever saw. That was in 2004.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I said I would do my research. Some of this article are very old but very interesting.

Government money and public funds pay for polygamy

https://culteducation.com/group/1099...-polygamy.html

Wow! Check this article out!

FLDS towns don’t use the most food stamps — but they get a lot of money

https://fox13now.com/2016/05/04/flds...-lot-of-money/

I found a lot about the housing there but nothing saying they get tax breaks for the unfinished houses. But I can tell you they were everywhere. The strangest thing I ever saw. That was in 2004.
    The FLDS is a faction of the LDS church. No different than any other religion that has radicals.They hang a dark cloud over those that are harmless. The Muslim faith comes to mind. The Allred clan was rumored to have businesses in Salt Lake. One of them I patronized a few times. This is a million dollar scheme that works well for them.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    The point is there is no grounds for calling this activity illegal. The definition of Marriage is now changed.
    Also the Muslim have multiple wifes too.
    I've heard of living of the state with the wording extended family.
    The Founding Fathers were all about Freedom,Liberty, having democracy be boss instead of a King or Pope..

Well............here we are......What do you think they'd think of their idea today? Not that Polygamy is the worst part of it.....but seeing where things go with hormone therapy changing sex...and homosexual marriage....abd some very strange extreme plastic surgeries are being done......this heterosexual polygamy will not be the end of where it goes....all of these types will have to get in On the headlines.......you don't even know if what you watch on TV is a man or a woman anymore. They intentionally want to fool you...
    Freedom and Liberty.....how much is enough?
    Last edited by slavenomore; 1 Week Ago at 11:09 PM.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

fxstc07 likes this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

The American Revolution: Was it an Act of Biblical Rebellion?

Facing such civil opposition, Reformation leaders turned to the Bible and found much guidance on the subject of civil disobedience and resistance to tyrannical civil authority. In fact, numerous famous heroes of the Bible – including many of those listed in the “Faith Hall of Fame” in Hebrews 11 as well as in other passages – were accorded their special position of honor because they committed civil disobedience (e.g., Daniel, the Three Hebrew Children, the Hebrew midwives, Rahab, Moses, etc.; and the Apostles in Acts 4-5 also declared their willingness to be civilly disobedient against tyrannical commands of civil and religious rulers).

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    The Founding Fathers were all about Freedom,Liberty, having democracy be boss instead of a King or Pope..

Well............here we are......What do you think they'd think of their idea today? Not that Polygamy is the worst part of it.....but seeing where things go with hormone therapy changing sex...and homosexual marriage....abd some very strange extreme plastic surgeries are being done......this heterosexual polygamy will not be the end of where it goes....all of these types will have to get in On the headlines.......you don't even know if what you watch on TV is a man or a woman anymore. They intentionally want to fool you...
    Freedom and Liberty.....how much is enough?
    Not sure the founding fathers would have given up their blood, their fortunes or their lives to see to see such a failure. Such a turning away from God. Morally bankrupt.

11. 1 Week Ago

Jesus Christ is Lord

Reason
    non working link

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast