Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: John McCain, ‘maverick’ of the Senate and former POW, dies at 81

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    John McCain Would be hated today by those who the Trump if Trump never entered politics. I think the hate for Trump overrides principle. McCain ran against Obama....maybe some true Dem sentiment could be found there. I view him as a traitor to the nation. I view him as servant to the world. And killer of hundreds of thousands of people, innocent and not innocent. I view him as more elite than Trump. I think he put the military and those who benefit from them(top 1%ers for sure), way above the average Americans wishes and used many lives till death to accpmplish that service. He was the Donald Trump of the military. He was born with the silver spoon in his mouth militarily. His grandfather and father were admirals....Top dogs for sure.
    Stories of us creating and fighting Isis lead to McCain....creating enemies to kill and bomb. He's not a hero to me.
    So you proclaim McCain would be hated ? Yes, he is by the (some) Trump supporters.
    A traitor to the nation ? Are all ex-military people traitors ?
    You view him as more elite then Trump. He was, without a doubt.
    He served. He flew 23 missions before being shot down in Vietnam. He served for and at the request of his country.
    Tell me ... did Trump ever serve ? Did any member of the Trump's family ever serve ?
    The resounding answer is NO.
    Yet Trump screams about ( his ) nuclear threat of bombing countries. Without his "fixers" in place, he is all talk and bluster. No substance.
    McCain had the nerve, had the passion and mostly had the intelligence to know America is better than this. McCain hated those who abused their positions of authority,
    From G.W. Bush's speech. "John detested the abuse of power," Bush said. "He could not abide bigots and swaggering despots."
    That is why Trump hated him and the favor was returned.
    For a Cadet bone spurs to call a ex-POW anything but a hero is disgusting.
    For everyone's information, a total of 142,246 POW's have been held captive since WW 1. Over 17,000 died while in captivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    You can like anyone you want Democrat or Republican will not hold it against you.....but I wouldn't think a "Warmonger" like McCain would be your type of Republican......and IMO there is no debate he is a Warmonger.....

IMO if he had served in the Infantry and saw combat he would look at war from a different perspective than being airman who when the mission is over fly back to the barracks (Ship) and get warm cow, shower and a bed where the Infantry man does not.....maybe he wouldn't be so wiling to sent other peoples children off to wars that mean nothing to the Security of the United States.....but there is money to be made for those invested in the MIC...endless war....it's going to Bankrupt us IMO!
    I give Senator McCain the respect he deserves. The same respect I give to any military personnel.

I'll go back to my statement above.
    Has Trump, his children or any member of Trump's extended family ever served ?

Well if you cared to notice, 3 of McCain's children have served. One in Afghanistan and Iraq as a U.S. Marine.
    The other 2 were Navy pilots.
    McCain's Father and Grand Father served.

Without those who have gave to our country, where would we be ?

Trump on the other hand. No service from any family member. Money is all that moves the Trump family, along with power and nepotism.

And some wonder why a "democrat" or other non-republican would care to honor McCain.
    Because he was and his family are honorable people.
    You may not agree with war, but it's inevitable in some cases.
    Otherwise, we might be all speaking German.

2. Likes fedexnuno, 222lifer, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Another reason not to like John McCain.............

Sen. John McCain Doesn’t Like Unions

"Sen. John McCain is clearly not a fan of workers’ freedom to form unions and bargain for better wages and benefits. He has spoken out against unions and consistently voted against collective bargaining rights for workers. Union members know the right to bargain is essential to preserving good jobs with good wages and benefits.

McCain Voted Against the Employee Free Choice Act but For a National Right-to-Work for Less Law. McCain voted against the Employee Free Choice Act, which would level the playing field for workers trying to form unions. He voted for a National Right-to-Work for Less law that would attempt to eliminate unions altogether. [H.R. 800, Vote #227, 6/26/07; S. 1788 Vote #188, 7/10/96]

McCain: Teachers’ Unions Serve Unions’ Interest, NOT Children’s Interest. McCain has repeatedly attacked teachers’ unions. “It’s time to break the grip of the education monopoly that serves the union bosses at the expense of our children,” he said. [The New York Times, 2/11/00]

McCain Voted to Allow Employers to Hire Permanent Replacements During a Strike. McCain voted against ending debate on a bill that would bar employers from hiring permanent replacements for striking workers. [S. 55,Vote #189, 7/13/94]

McCain Did NOT Co-Sponsor the Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act. McCain did not co-sponsor S. 2123, the Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act, legislation to grant fire fighters and police officers minimum collective bargaining rights. [S. 2123, 10/1/07; IAFF]

McCain Voted Against Collective Bargaining Rights for TSA Screeners. McCain voted against a measure to grant Transportation Security Administration (TSA) airport screeners limited collective bargaining rights. The measure would not have allowed them to strike or negotiate for higher pay. [S. 4, Vote #64, 3/7/07]"

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I think it is fair to say that many of us did not agree with his politics but liked him as a person? He is a republican and I am not. I agreed to disagree. Different than the Trump situation where the guy is such a hateful piece of ..............

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    So you proclaim McCain would be hated ? Yes, he is by the (some) Trump supporters.
    A traitor to the nation ? Are all ex-military people traitors ?
    You view him as more elite then Trump. He was, without a doubt.
    He served. He flew 23 missions before being shot down in Vietnam. He served for and at the request of his country.
    Tell me ... did Trump ever serve ? Did any member of the Trump's family ever serve ?
    The resounding answer is NO.
    Yet Trump screams about ( his ) nuclear threat of bombing countries. Without his "fixers" in place, he is all talk and bluster. No substance.
    McCain had the nerve, had the passion and mostly had the intelligence to know America is better than this. McCain hated those who abused their positions of authority,
    From G.W. Bush's speech. "John detested the abuse of power," Bush said. "He could not abide bigots and swaggering despots."
    That is why Trump hated him and the favor was returned.
    For a Cadet bone spurs to call a ex-POW anything but a hero is disgusting.
    For everyone's information, a total of 142,246 POW's have been held captive since WW 1. Over 17,000 died while in captivity.

I give Senator McCain the respect he deserves. The same respect I give to any military personnel.

I'll go back to my statement above.
    Has Trump, his children or any member of Trump's extended family ever served ?

Well if you cared to notice, 3 of McCain's children have served. One in Afghanistan and Iraq as a U.S. Marine.
    The other 2 were Navy pilots.
    McCain's Father and Grand Father served.

Without those who have gave to our country, where would we be ?

Trump on the other hand. No service from any family member. Money is all that moves the Trump family, along with power and nepotism.

And some wonder why a "democrat" or other non-republican would care to honor McCain.
    Because he was and his family are honorable people.
    You may not agree with war, but it's inevitable in some cases.
    Otherwise, we might be all speaking German.
    All military are not traitors in my view. very few are. Many are mislead or have different ideas of what is respectful than what I have. I think the whole military mentality a very sad thing. My daughter is hanging out with her best friend right now who is home for a week or so. She is in the military.
    Economics plays a role in why many go. I do not hold the same respect for the service hat many do. I think it the last hope at college or maybe families can't afford to keep them home after high school and they must somehow fnd their future by putting their lives on the line. For what? Not defense. But offense for the top 1% to control the world. The topdogs and politicians who receive $ for their 'service' to the one percenters I consider traitors and abusers of power....and McCain is one of them abusers always voting to send off troops for missions that I almost never agree with. Killing for power and money....not defense at all.....We have not really been attacked by another nation since Pearl Harbor.....all of the other actions are not defense and are not our business as a nation imo....we have no money for it and our people should not be trained to kill and be killed for offense imo...
    I do not have ill thoughts of guys who join or served...I just disagree in what people like McCain order them to do. It's another segment of our society which is morally poisoned imo. It's a shame we began giving all the jobs away that a lot of the types who join the military could have entered and raised a family with right out of high school like my fathers generation had......and of all nations we gave our industries to...somebody decided to give our good way of life away to Japan...the only nation who who has attacked us in modern times....if that never happened many many men could have raised families without military service and all of the honor and respect and worship of the military and what they do..which is kill....would not be part of so many people's mindset. But unions and making money and participating in the economy and politics and raising families would probably have been stronger in our people.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 09-03-2018 at 09:18 PM.

6. Likes Sayheykid Liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123