Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fxstc07
  • 1 Post By ABFwife

Thread: Another closed trucking company !

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Another closed trucking company !

HVH transportation, located in Colorado has reportedly shut down. No other information is available yet.

HVH Transportation abruptly shuts down
    Denver, Colorado-based HVH Transportation has reportedly shut down, leaving more than 300 truck drivers out of work.
    The first public report appeared early Tuesday evening on the CDLLife app (a social community and free navigation app for truck drivers), where an HVH driver stated that he was notified of the immediate shutdown by a company dispatcher.
    According to the driver, the company abruptly “shut off all their fuel cards,” effectively leaving drivers stranded on the road.
    CDLLife was then able to verify similar claims from multiple HVH drivers and office staff, who also received notice on Tuesday evening.
    According to DOT filings, HVH Transportation employed roughly 342 drivers and had more than 344 power units in its fleet.
    https://cdllife.com/2019/hvh-transpo...MBc5eePJpQlNyE
    ABFwife likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Another closed trucking company !

This is all really terrible. Trucking jobs have been one of the things people could always count on to do if all else failed. EXCEPT when our economy crashed in 2008!

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

This is just the confirmation of the closing by the CEO of HVH Transportation.

HVH Transportation of Denver Closes
    HVH Transportation Inc., a Denver-based trucking firm, closed its doors on Aug. 27, according to the company’s CEO.
    John Kenneally, HVH CEO, confirmed to Transport Topics that the truckload company closed.
    The medium-sized trucking firm had 75 office employees and 120 drivers, as well as contracted owner-operators. The company has 380 trucks, according to Kenneally.
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/hvh-...-denver-closes

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Seems an employee has claimed this company really didn't care about the drivers and lied about getting them home. Many other carriers have extended a hand to those trying to get home by offering rides in the trucks.

Dispatcher claims CEO of shuttered trucking company ‘lied’ about getting drivers home
    A dispatcher for a suddenly-shuttered trucking company reached out to CDLLife to set the record straight about what she says is really going on with the company’s drivers.
    On Tuesday, August 27, news of the closure of Denver, Colorado-based trucking company HVH Transportation emerged. As HVH employed more than 300 drivers, the abrupt company closure left many in the trucking community surprised and concerned for the welfare of the displaced drivers.
    Several drivers began reporting on Tuesday that their fuel cards were shut off, effectively leaving some drivers stranded out on the road.
    This was claimed to be an e-mail from the dispatcher to CDLife.

"I reached out to my drivers as a Driver Manager/Dispatcher and told them to fill their trucks with fuel, that HVH closed their doors! That fuel cards were going to be shut off. Now they are. Cleaning out my desk and still answering phones. I informed everyone that called what was going on. I was then directed by the Operation and Maintenance Director to stop answering the phones. I did not, they couldn’t let me go twice! The fuel cards ARE SHUT OFF!! HVH is NOT getting drivers home, other companies such as Navajo, Bay and Bay out of MN, and Direct Transport out of Commerce City, CO are saving our drivers. The brokers Echo, Ch Robinson that still had loads, they are paying fuel and compensating drivers for their last loads. The CEO, and the COO are nothing snakes in the grass! To say that he is helping??? Unbelievable!!!"
    https://cdllife.com/2019/dispatcher-...-drivers-home/

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Seems an employee has claimed this company really didn't care about the drivers and lied about getting them home. Many other carriers have extended a hand to those trying to get home by offering rides in the trucks.

Dispatcher claims CEO of shuttered trucking company ‘lied’ about getting drivers home

This was claimed to be an e-mail from the dispatcher to CDLife.

https://cdllife.com/2019/dispatcher-...-drivers-home/
    Reminds me of when Arrow Trucking suddenly closed. Drivers were left stranded all over the country!
    222lifer likes this.