Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: I do believe FB is spying on me!

Google CEO is a Hindu...no surprise to me.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundar_Pichai
    I don't think the TM people are some kind of bad people.....just into something which made me uncomfortable being too comfortable.
    Something against my beliefs and religion.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 02-22-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Facebook and Google are in cohorts. They know everything you do and where you have been. I can't say how many times my wife has researched something on the computer and very shortly I get ads on Facebook or forums for what she searched. Different computers or phones...
    No doubt about it and it seems there is nothing we can do about it. And many such things are happening with our smart phones. too.

3. Likes slavenomore, wizard Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freightway

And I see New Mexico is suing Google over the unauthorized collection of children's data...''Tracking student data without parental consent is not only illegal,but dangerous''...Can you imagine the far reaching implications of Google's arrogance and deceit?...This is only the beginning!!!!!!

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...childrens-data

5. Likes slavenomore, Jimmy, ABFwife Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    And I see New Mexico is suing Google over the unauthorized collection of children's data...''Tracking student data without parental consent is not only illegal,but dangerous''...Can you imagine the far reaching implications of Google's arrogance and deceit?...This is only the beginning!!!!!!

Facebook, Google, Apple, ALL big platforms are doing this.

7. Likes slavenomore, fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

My wife and I both have identical phones. We get a laugh when using the GPS,we both put in the address of where we want to go and get different directions on the identical phones. When I put it in the navigation in the truck we get again a different set of directions. I usually go with the truck. Google knows way too much about everyday people . I think they give us different directions depending on Google searches. Might be a preference for restaurants,might be gas stations. Another reason for using the truck GPS is it does seem to tell you were to turn way before you get there..Google tells you when your going by the exit.

9. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    My wife and I both have identical phones. We get a laugh when using the GPS,we both put in the address of where we want to go and get different directions on the identical phones. When I put it in the navigation in the truck we get again a different set of directions. I usually go with the truck. Google knows way too much about everyday people . I think they give us different directions depending on Google searches. Might be a preference for restaurants,might be gas stations. Another reason for using the truck GPS is it does seem to tell you were to turn way before you get there..Google tells you when your going by the exit.
    Yes I do believe the directions that are given are trying to get you to go past something to spend money. I have a iPhone and I use apple maps and I seem have better GPS directions verses google.

11. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post

Yes! Was sharing that on my FB yesterday. Our Attorney General takes no crap off anyone, not Google, not the Catholic church......
    Last edited by ABFwife; 02-23-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12