Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Utah and trucks !

I noticed several stories from yesterday where the governor of Utah declared everybody entering the state must file a travel declaration form.
    Now it seems that has been reversed for truckers. I'll post both stories.

Utah asking drivers to fill out survey before entering state
    Governor Gary Herbert, in conjunction with with the state’s Department of Transportation, issued an order Thursday that will require anyone entering Utah by a major roadway – including truckers – to complete a travel declaration form.
    The order goes into effect at 8 a.m. today and remains in effect until 11:59 p.m. May 1, 2020.
    Nine state entry points are geo-fenced and will deliver the travel entry form to a driver’s smartphone, similar to how Amber Alerts are distributed. The survey asks for a 14 day travel history and drivers have three hours to complete the form upon entering Utah.
    https://www.ccjdigital.com/ccj-daily...ntering-state/

Utah Exempts Truckers from COVID-19 Entry Survey
    Truck drivers have now been exempted from an order requiring adults entering the state of Utah to fill out an online form about their potential exposure to the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 illness.
    On April 9, Utah Governor Gary Herbert issued an executive order on inbound travel. It established a requirement for all adults entering Utah to complete a travel declaration form, an electronic form people will receive via text message upon entering the state. The order called for the form to be completed within three hours. A Q&A from the governor's office specifically said truck drivers were included.
    However, on April 10, the governor issued a revised executive order listing a number of exemptions. In addition to truck drivers, airline employees and first responders have been exempted.
    https://www.truckinginfo.com/355492/...9-entry-survey

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Utah and trucks !

I read a story about how Florida was doing this also.. Anyone entering Florida had to stop at the truck scales upon entering the state and then they would have to be self quarantined for 14 days..

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

If they were to use this virus for something constructive.....tconstructive.....they should have regulated trucking again.
    But the Dems wouldn't do that for us....they deregulated for us. Keep certain drivers in their own states. Swap trailers at state lines. Only touching the handle to crank legs and the glad hands and electric line.
    Couldn't do that could they?

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I read a story about how Florida was doing this also.. Anyone entering Florida had to stop at the truck scales upon entering the state and then they would have to be self quarantined for 14 days..
    And somebody from Florida came to pick up the load? They didn't start letting the load sitc14 days, did they?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    And somebody from Florida came to pick up the load? They didn't start letting the load sitc14 days, did they?
    No it wasn't the trucks that had to stop,it was the cars with out of state plates especially NY and NJ..