Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2020

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Spring 2020

We had a "fall weather 2019" thread, so naturally after the strange winter we had, the spring season is a delight for many of us that dislike the cold.
    We had no snow in my area, except for a dusting on the grass once or twice.
    Yesterday weather really hit several areas in New Jersey hard, much the same as all the tornado's did down south.
    Click the link to view pictures of the Jersey shore areas that had damage to the boardwalks and others places.

N.J. weather: Wind gusts as high as 87 mph rip up Wildwood boardwalk, cause damage along Jersey Shore
    Monday’s strong storms that include heavy rain and winds that have gusted as high as 87 mph have dislodged part of the boardwalk in Wildwood as well as toppled trees and damaged buildings elsewhere along the Jersey Shore while knocking out power to tens of thousands of homes and businesses statewide.
    Photos from the Faceook page WIldwood Boardwak show the damaged Boardwalk near the Convention Center while photos from Cape May show damage to the roof and upper portion of historic Congress Hall.
    In Egg Harbor Township, the roof was ripped off a gas station, while a photo from Woodcliff Lake in Bergen County shows a part of a tree toppled in the driveway of a home.
    The top wind gust in New Jersey as of 12:45 p.m. was 82 mph at Island Beach State Park, according to the National Weather Service.
    There was 67 mph gust in Harvey Cedars, according to the state climatologist’s office as well as a gust of 63 mph at the Atlantic City Marina and a 61 mph gust at Woodbine Municipal Airport.
    https://www.nj.com/weather/2020/04/n...sey-shore.html

2. Thanks wizard thanked for this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Spring 2020

We had been in the low 70's a most of last week. Yesterday we were hit with a totally unexpected heavy snow storm. Oh sure the weathermen told us snow was coming but not anywhere near the amount we got. We are buried, it is 19 degrees, we lost some really old trees due to the weight of the snow. All my trees had leaved out or started to, had tulips blooming which are totally ice burned.

4. Likes Jimmy, wizard Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    We had been in the low 70's a most of last week. Yesterday we were hit with a totally unexpected heavy snow storm. Oh sure the weathermen told us snow was coming but not anywhere near the amount we got. We are buried, it is 19 degrees, we lost some really old trees due to the weight of the snow. All my trees had leaved out or started to, had tulips blooming which are totally ice burned.
    Major typos but I can't edit them now. That's what happens when someone keeps talking while I am trying to type.

6. Likes wizard Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Major typos but I can't edit them now. That's what happens when someone keeps talking while I am trying to type.
    Post again if you want to and then one of us will delete these 2

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Woke up to a beautiful cold morning.
    It's 28 degrees, bright sunshine and I hope the flowers have survived the freeze.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Hard freeze this morning. We planted crops weeks ago. They've been surviving the cold rain and snow protected by Wall-o-Waters.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

It was cold here,25 this morning and looks like a winter isn't going soon..About an inch of snow fell with a snow shower overnight..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    NEW PENN-Retired

High 20's over night, really nice sunrise this morning,3-6" snow tonight.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Back to normal daytime temps. The heavy snow we got on Monday is almost all gone! Nights and mornings are still cold but we live at high altitude so nothing unusual there.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Just had a thunderstorm roll though dumping rain and hail.
    Haven't seen hail around here for a while. It covered the ground with bean sized pellets.
    Supposed to wet over the next few days.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast