Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Imitated never duplicated

Local Union
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]

Default Midwest LTL Carrier Suddenly Shuts Down

Midwest LTL carrier closed doors March 22 after 88 years

Brandt Truck Line, Bloomington, Ill., shut its doors March 22 after 88 years in business. The company offered no explanation for the shutdown.

On its Web site, the regional less-than-truckload carrier promised Tuesday to "do our best to deliver any freight that is still in our system."

Brandt Truck Line Shuts Down | Journal of Commerce
    Small outfit but not good for anyone to be unemployed. Been there. Done that with CF and others.

ABFHOG

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker Wife View Post
    Small outfit but not good for anyone to be unemployed. Been there. Done that with CF and others.

Last time diesel went about $4 a gallon, we had thousands of trucking companies go out of business.
    Expect the same again, the longer diesel stays above $4.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    "Wonderful" YRC Worldwide

Default Re: Midwest LTL Carrier Suddenly Shuts Down

Founded in 1923, Brandt Truck Line originally hauled kerosene using teams of mules and wagons, according to The Pantagraph newspaper in Bloomington.
    The paragraph could easily have Reddaway in there, which was founded in 1919

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I just keep wondering how well our economy can grow with the gas prices the way they are!! Especially when trucking companies are just getting on their feet again. Almost seems like a really bad joke.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    The Big Y

used to see their trucks alot, but past few months not so much. guess YRC coming back really hurt them. but they were hauling crap mostly, never had vacations. was just a "job" till something better came along. at least thats what i knew about them.

ABFHOG

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    I just keep wondering how well our economy can grow with the gas prices the way they are!! Especially when trucking companies are just getting on their feet again. Almost seems like a really bad joke.
    If nothing changes, we'll head right back into a second recession, or double dip recession, which ever you wanna call it.

Hate to do it, but I have to get political here. But Obama is giving billions to Brazil to drill for oil, but is restraining us from drilling.
    We need to be getting our oil.

Now is fuel prices the reason this particular trucking went belly up? I don't know, but it sure is coincidence.
    Last edited by ABFHOG; 03-25-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    If nothing changes, we'll head right back into a second recession, or double dip recession, which ever you wanna call it.

Hate to do it, but I have to get political here. But Obama is giving billions to Brazil to drill for oil, but is restraining us from drilling.
    We need to be getting our oil.

Now is fuel prices the reason this particular trucking went belly up? I don't know, but it sure is coincidence.
    Ex-Im Bank :: Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development

ABFHOG

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnal...azil-Drill.htm

I love this quote from President Obama himself.

"We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers."

He should be saying this American oil companies.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    Obama: Drill, Brazil, Drill! - Investors.com

I love this quote from President Obama himself.

"We want to help you with the technology and support to develop these oil reserves safely. And when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers."

He should be saying this American oil companies.
    Those with vision have always known what the "end game" is. Keep ours in the ground.

Only American made goods and services qualify for Ex-Im Bank loans or guarantees.
    The funds will go to American exporters as payment for their sales to the company.

Of note, the Bank is self-sustaining and no taxpayer dollars are involved. So far, Ex-Im has approved a $300 million credit facility to finance their purchase of U.S. oil and gas equipment and services.

ABFHOG

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Those with vision have always known what the "end game" is. Keep ours in the ground.
    Uh, why?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast