Like Tree31Likes

Thread: All FMCSA Information

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Default Re: All FMCSA Information

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Appears that another government boondoogle with a crashed computer system for a new law that went into effect January 6, 2020.
    You think whoever is running the IT systems for the government, and those who are in charge, would have taken the required steps to avoid the resulting computer crashes. But that's not the only government web site that has issues with heavy use.

FMCSA’s Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse website experiencing ‘technical difficulties’

https://cdllife.com/2020/fmcsas-drug...-difficulties/
    Donnie only hires the Best and the Brightest. Better get Jared and his great assistant Ivanka.
    fxstc07 likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired

I am so glad I am retired. I had a good 46 years of safe driving. I doubt if I could go along with all the b. s. now. Never liked hurtling myself through a flaming ring of fire.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

https://www.truckinginfo.com/348792/...-truck-crashes

FMCSA Prepping to Study Causes of Fatal Truck Crashes

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has taken the first step toward launching a fresh study of factors that contribute to crashes involving large trucks. While the study will look at all collision categories (tow-away, injury and fatal), FMCSA Acting Administrator Jim Mullen indicated the driving force for the new study is concern over the rising number of fatalities from such crashes.
    Maybe because the geniuses in charge mandated the 14 hour clock?
    fxstc07 likes this.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    https://www.truckinginfo.com/348792/...-truck-crashes

FMCSA Prepping to Study Causes of Fatal Truck Crashes

Maybe because the geniuses in charge mandated the 14 hour clock?
    Regulate again drivers will know the roads they drive. No more sleeper trucks driving fast in lanes they're not allowed in between barriers which aren't safe for trucks to pass in. Allowing guys to drive anywhere for piece rate mileage pay was the unsafest, stupidest thing this country allowed for businesses to save money....Kill people to save money. Dumb country with cheap businessmen making only themselves rich at everybody's expense.
    This country has so much stupid stuff for so long...if I had the cash and knew where to go...Id be long gone and out of here and would probably be much happier. Keep the flag...it ain't so great.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Mirrorless trucks may be coming, or not. I would guess the cost is prohibitive right now but with the insurance industry paying out millions for accidents they may require them in the future. There is no mention of costs in the article.

DOT news: FMCSA allows mirrorless trucks
    The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announced in a Federal Register notice to be published Wednesday, Jan. 14, that it has granted a petition by Vision Systems North America to allow its mirrorless rearview camera systems to be used on trucks in the U.S.
    The company’s cameras are used as an alternative to the two rear-view mirrors required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
    VSNA says its Smart-Vision system provides the same functionality and view as traditional mirrors but with high-definition cameras and interior displays. The system consists of multiple digital cameras mounted high on the exterior of trucks, enclosed in aerodynamic packaging to protect the cameras. Each camera presents a high-definition image to the driver through a monitor mounted on each A-pillar in the cab.
    https://www.ccjdigital.com/dot-news-...ol-violations/

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Mirrorless trucks may be coming, or not. I would guess the cost is prohibitive right now but with the insurance industry paying out millions for accidents they may require them in the future. There is no mention of costs in the article.

DOT news: FMCSA allows mirrorless trucks

https://www.ccjdigital.com/dot-news-...ol-violations/
    Time to retire......

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    ABFwife likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Well it would solve the problem of the steering wheel holders knocking off my mirrors. Had that happen three times over my driving times.

https://www.truckinginfo.com/345143/...if-you-want-to

Ditching Mirrors for Monitors is Easy – If You Want To

Switching to camera/monitor systems as replacements for traditional mirrors will be a bigger transition for drivers than was the advent of the automated transmissions. When you consider all the ways drivers interface with their work environment, ditching the gear shift lever was big; replacing their mirrors will be huge.

Many have already expressed concerns in comments, direct emails and direct messages to my recent test drive story on Stoneridge’s MirrorEye system. Mostly they are opposed to the idea of switching. And to be honest, I was in that camp before I did the test drive. My position had softened from a few years ago after learning more about the system and watching videos of how it worked. The test drive eliminated most of my concerns, and at the end of the story, I admitted that I could get along with the new technology.
    fxstc07 and ABFwife like this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

FMCSA has announced a 2 year delay for the "Entry Level Driver" training rule.

FMCSA Announces Two-Year Delay of Its Entry Level Driver Training Rule
    Compliance for a long-awaited rule intended to ensure that new drivers meet minimum training requirements before receiving their commercial driver licenses has been delayed for two years.
    The Entry Level Driver Training rule — originally set to go into effect Feb. 7 — is delayed until Feb. 7, 2022, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announced Jan. 29 in an interim final rule.
    The rule was one of the few regulations that was largely the result of work by a specially appointed committee of truckers, training school representatives and other stakeholders.
    The 2016 entry-level driver training rule requires that for drivers to receive Class A or Class B commercial driver licenses, training providers must, at a minimum, provide instruction in a training curriculum that meets all the standards established in the training rule and must also meet other eligibility requirements in order to be listed on FMCSA’s Training Provider Registry.
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fmcs...-training-rule

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Just posting for informational purposes only.
    My opinion is if you can't hear, then why is there a requirement for horns ? I'm not sure I can agree with this. What's next ? A relaxation of the eye tests ?

FMCSA Mulls Petition to Ease Requirements for Deaf Truck Drivers
    Federal trucking regulators are reviewing a petition filed by the National Association of the Deaf seeking to relax requirements for deaf truck and bus drivers.
    The petition specifically wants to end federal regulations that interstate commercial motor vehicle drivers must pass a medical evaluation demonstrating their ability to hear, and amend requirements that deaf drivers be able to speak and prohibit them from using interpreters during commercial driver license skills tests.
    Under current requirements, for a driver to pass a hearing exam, the driver must “perceive a forced whispered voice in the better ear at not less than 5 feet with or without the use of a hearing aid,” according to FMCSA regulations.
    https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fmcs...-truck-drivers

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

FMCSA claims the new HOS rules are still under review. For how long ? To benefit who ?

FMCSA official says HOS rule changes still under review
    Potential changes to the hours-of-service rules for commercial drivers remain under review, a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration official said.
    Speaking Feb. 17 at the Omnitracs Outook user conference in Las Vegas, FMCSA’s acting associate administrator for enforcement Joe DeLorenzo called the public comments filed with the agency last year “full and helpful.” He declined to offer any specific timetable other than stating the HOS rule is among the “top priorities” for acting administrator Jim Mullen.
    During the panel discussion, FMCSA's DeLorenzo also shared his personal thoughts on both the recently implemented drug and alcohol clearinghouse of commercial drivers, as well as the agency’s decision to boost the random testing rate back to 50% from 25%.
    He said while these individual agency actions could put a strain on the overall driver pool, they will improve safety. For example, he said one failed test was a school bus driver taking a “return-to-duty” drug test.
    https://www.trucker.com/regulations/...l-under-review

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-17-2014, 11:18 AM
  2. 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM