Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 176
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: All FMCSA Information

  1. #1
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    38,213
    Rep Power
    864

    Default All FMCSA Information

    “FMCSA continues to use crashes that motor carriers did not cause nor could have prevented in measuring motor carrier safety performance,” ATA President and CEO Bill Graves said. “Several weeks ago, the agency indefinitely placed on hold a process to correct this fundamental flaw in the system, citing, in part, concerns with the reliability and usefulness of police accident reports. To better understand FMCSA’s reluctance to act, the public should see the results of the study the agency promised almost two years ago.”
    TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper

  2. #2
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    38,213
    Rep Power
    864

    Default All FMCSA Information

    ARLINGTON, Va. — On Monday, the American Trucking Associations, along with the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance and AAA, released a video urging members of Congress to support an electronic onboard recorder mandate for large trucks to improve driver and carrier compliance with Hours of Service rules.
    TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper
    Last edited by ABFwife; 12-11-2012 at 03:29 PM.

  3. #3
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,116
    Rep Power
    308

    Default re: All FMCSA Information

    YES YES YES !!
    I have agreed with this for years.
    It will level the playing field, eliminate the illegal drivers, the cheaters and make everyone conform to the same standards.
    It may even make the roads safer and return the professional truck driver to the "Professional" rank we so deserve.

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    YES YES YES !!
    I have agreed with this for years.
    It will level the playing field, eliminate the illegal drivers, the cheaters and make everyone conform to the same standards.
    It may even make the roads safer and return the professional truck driver to the "Professional" rank we so deserve.
    More government control over us. What about those drivers that don't cheat? Why should they punished?

  5. #5
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,116
    Rep Power
    308

    Default re: All FMCSA Information

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    More government control over us. What about those drivers that don't cheat? Why should they punished?
    Who said they are being punished ?
    If they are legal, follow the law ( like you have said many times before ) and drive safe, compliant equipment, then why is there any problem with that ?
    Or would you rather have the illegal equipment and drivers that smash their way along the roads now ?

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Who said they are being punished ?
    If they are legal, follow the law ( like you have said many times before ) and drive safe, compliant equipment, then why is there any problem with that ?
    Or would you rather have the illegal equipment and drivers that smash their way along the roads now ?
    If they are legal, then why do they need to be monitored like that?

  7. #7
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,116
    Rep Power
    308

    Default re: All FMCSA Information

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    If they are legal, then why do they need to be monitored like that?
    So that everyone conforms, not just the few that are compliant now.

  8. #8
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,116
    Rep Power
    308

    Default re: All FMCSA Information

    HOG ... since you seem to disagree with the prospect of having EOBR in all vehicles, can I assume you want to see the continuation of unsafe and illegal drivers and equipment on the roads ?
    Do you want ABF to compete on a level playing field with all trucking companies ?

  9. #9
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Local Union
    104
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    USA BABY!!!
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    HOG ... since you seem to disagree with the prospect of having EOBR in all vehicles, can I assume you want to see the continuation of unsafe and illegal drivers and equipment on the roads ?
    Do you want ABF to compete on a level playing field with all trucking companies ?
    Nope, we already have laws, just up enforcement,

    And I don't want a level playing field. I want ABF to gain any advantage they can(LEGALLY).

  10. #10
    Retired !

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Local Union
    107
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    13,116
    Rep Power
    308

    Default re: All FMCSA Information

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFHOG View Post
    Nope, we already have laws, just up enforcement,

    And I don't want a level playing field. I want ABF to gain any advantage they can(LEGALLY).
    Are you saying hire more enforcement personnel ? Doesn't that mean more taxes, more people on the pension system of public employees you so dislike ?
    How many would be enough ?
    Yet if we make all equipment carry EOBR's, we don't need the extra enforcement people, and the related costs to the taxpayer.

 

 
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 05-17-2014, 10:18 AM
  2. 08-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335