Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Tariffs and trade !

Are we winning yet? Trump tariffs take down yet another American company

For people who build their own computers from the motherboard up, thereís a new reason to hate Donald Trumpís senseless tariffs.*California Fabrication Company, parent company of CaseLabs, announced this weekend that they were closing down operations, in large part to the popular vote loserís budding trade war.*The announcement came*via a statement posted on their website*Saturday.

We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didnít happen.

It was a privilege to serve you and we are so very sorry things turned out this way.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1787584

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

2. Likes fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

The problem with Trump is that he is blaming China when he should be blaming US Corporations........like Ford Motor Company.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidki.../#586632a84ef5

Read a book that mention the protest at "Tianamen Square" the author said that the protest was over Capitalism not Communism and that Capitalism was driving there wages down even father (more profit) than the communism wage system and that was the reason for the protest......probably right.

4. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

No part of the country is immune from the tariff issue.

REC Silicon Lays Off 100 Workers
    In 2010, Norway-based REC completed construction on a $1.7 billion production facility in Washington state. That facility will now run at just 25 percent of its annual 20,000-metric-ton capacity.
    REC Silicon announced cuts to 40 percent of its workforce this week, blaming trade disputes with China for the strain on its business.
    According to Sullivan, if the political landscape doesn’t change, more cuts could come before the end of the year.
    “The U.S. is not serious about protecting solar as an energy source,” she said.
    Instead, Sullivan said China may soon “own all the new industries,” including batteries, solar and electric vehicles. The U.S. will be left with oil and gas.
    https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ers#gs.u1R=NxQ

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

But wait, there's MORE!

Add this to the challenges facing California wildfire victims: Tariffs.

The import tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump are adding thousands of dollars to the cost of building homes. That especially squeezes homeowners who seek to rebuild quickly after losing their houses to natural disasters, such as the wildfires scorching parts of California.

The Trump administration's tariffs have raised the cost of imported lumber, drywall, nails and other key construction materials. One building association official said the tariffs could raise the price of a typical new home in California by up to $20,000, and it could be more for individual homes being custom-built on short order.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ictims-n899891

7. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    So much winning.....a month ago a local news report said the cost to build a new home rose $8000 and fewer building permits were sought.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

I, personally would tariff just about everything coming in..and yes...it would hurt...people will lose jobs......but we hurt since the Japanese stuff started coming in...and it needs to reverse course....and will take decades....Wall street would have us compete with the communist Chinese until they turn us into communist Chinese working like dogs for no wages and the government responsible for all of our needs.and I would sniff for scent of Wall street manipulation on EVERY anti-tariff story.. I wish Pennsylvania could tariff the South Carolinian businesses since they are part of the thread.

Tariffs paid the entire federal budget at one point of our history...and we have a hell of a debt to pay down.
    I think it a weakness to rely n other nations manufacturers to compete....and we have plenty of people who could use that work.
    Reliance on foreign trade goods has probably been the number one weakener and destroyer of unions imo....it needs to be reversed. And will hurt and will take time.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 08-14-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    I, personally would tariff just about everything coming in..and yes...it would hurt...people will lose jobs......but we hurt since the Japanese stuff started coming in...and it needs to reverse course....and will take decades....Wall street would have us compete with the communist Chinese until they turn us into communist Chinese working like dogs for no wages and the government responsible for all of our needs.and I would sniff for scent of Wall street manipulation on EVERY anti-tariff story.. I wish Pennsylvania could tariff the South Carolinian businesses since they are part of the thread.

Tariffs paid the entire federal budget at one point of our history...and we have a hell of a debt to pay down.
    I think it a weakness to rely n other nations manufacturers to compete....and we have plenty of people who could use that work.
    Reliance on foreign trade goods has probably been the number one weakener and destroyer of unions imo....it needs to be reversed. And will hurt and will take time.
    It all looks good on paper. That is, for those not losing their job. Most are one or two paychecks from losing everything.

Coal has natural gas to blame for it's demise. Not regulations. Manufacturing isn't lost so much to foreign competition as it is to automation. Cold hard reality does come into play at times.

Tarriff this and tarriff that. In the end we won't win on our level. The only winners will be those pulling the strings.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Our politics is owned by money. That isn't changing anytime soon. We have no say with no unions...and imports have all but wiped us out. I'd tariff everything coming in...not just some things but all. If we need it somebody will do it and it will have to be done here. We cannot compete with countries lower than us without going down to their level. That is how Wall street wants it. The Amish and Menonites are still around. They know they don't need all of the new things.......it's all in the way people are trained to think...or are brainwashed to think. People point out how great things are with the cheap foreign goods or the cheap automated goods........but the short term savongs have done nothing for the nation......the trillions in debt could collapse us....are the short term savings wrth it? I don't think so.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

It's ironic how the lefts media absolutely hates nationalism when it comes to our own......but favors the things which destroy us in favor of nationalist racist nations like Israel, China, Mexico, India etc........................Wall street guides those thoughts imo.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    It all looks good on paper. That is, for those not losing their job. Most are one or two paychecks from losing everything.

Coal has natural gas to blame for it's demise. Not regulations. Manufacturing isn't lost so much to foreign competition as it is to automation. Cold hard reality does come into play at times.

Tarriff this and tarriff that. In the end we won't win on our level. The only winners will be those pulling the strings.

It looked good on paper for the millions of manufacturing jobs lost to the foreign stuff too......and they still want it to continue to look good on paper......good for the international banks and investors who own and want to own it all....that's how it went and goes. It took a lot of brainwashing to convince us to give it all away.....and if we ever get it back it will take just as much.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast