• 1 Post By slavenomore
  • 2 Post By ABFwife

Thread: Driverless delivery trucks could hit California roads by year's end

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Driverless delivery trucks could hit California roads by year's end

Having followed this here on this site for the last several years, I cannot believe just how fast this has happened.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —

The California Department of Motor Vehicles is poised to adopt regulations allowing for the testing of light-duty autonomous delivery vehicles on the state's roads by the end of the year.

DMV held a public hearing Thursday in Sacramento, where members of the industry at the forefront of the new technology voiced their support for the regulations.

"Logistics is an area that continues to be a vital part of the economy and where we believe self-driving can improve outcomes and also increase safety," said George Ivanov, with the autonomous vehicle company Waymo.

Xantha Bruso, with AAA Northern California, said the company is working to address safety concerns and consumer confidence in autonomous vehicles.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/driverl...s-end/27671552
    slavenomore likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Driverless delivery trucks could hit California roads by year's end

They have now arrived in my state.

Waymo to test autonomous trucks, vans in Texas and New Mexico

(Reuters) - Waymo, the self-driving unit of Alphabet Inc (GOOGL.O), said on Thursday it will start testing autonomous trucks and vans in Texas and New Mexico this week.
    The company will be using its minivan Chrysler Pacifica and long-haul trucks in the two states, it said here in a tweet.
    Waymo, considered a leader in the global race to deploy autonomous vehicles, earlier this month said its vehicles had covered more than 20 million miles (32.2 million km) on public roads since its creation in 2009.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1ZM206
    slavenomore likes this.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

And the warehouse and distribution centers will follow. It's looking like a scarey future.
    https://www.dispatch.com/business/20...ushed-to-adapt
    Amazon is increasingly requiring warehouse employees to get used to working with robots. The company now has more than 200,000 robotic vehicles it calls “drives” that are moving goods through its delivery-fulfillment centers around the U.S. That's double the number it had last year and up from 15,000 units in 2014.

Its rivals have taken notice. Many are adding their own robots in a race to speed up productivity and bring down costs.

Without these fast-moving pods, robotic arms and other forms of warehouse automation, retailers say they wouldn't be able to fulfill consumer demand for packages that can land on doorsteps the day after you order them online

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    And the warehouse and distribution centers will follow. It's looking like a scarey future.
    https://www.dispatch.com/business/20...ushed-to-adapt
    As I have been saying for years on this site Slave, what is our government going to do when there are so few jobs left that everyone is on the welfare roll?
    Last edited by ABFwife; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:14 AM.
    slavenomore and fedexnuno like this.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    As I have been saying for years on this site Slave, what is our government going to do when their are so few jobs left that everyone is on the welfare roll?
    They are gonna do the same thing that brought us to over $20 trillion in debt.....follow direction from the educated...and the businessman.
    They don't want our input on what actually might work...what has worked before....so they keep our organizing process a sham which takes years to achieve...speed up anything that takes us to extinction.
    The nation was best with high union numbers....but they are smarter than that...so they think.....the track record proves me right and them wrong to the extreme.
    ABFwife likes this.

Jesus Christ is Lord

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    As I have been saying for years on this site Slave, what is our government going to do when there are so few jobs left that everyone is on the welfare roll?
    The government will save the planet by releasing a plague on you. The Coronavirus is a test run

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    The government will save the planet by releasing a plague on you. The Coronavirus is a test run
    I heard a doctor say like people get over it like a cold or flu...and the danger is to elderly and infants just like the flu.
    I think they make a big deal over nothing.
    The plague might come in the vaccine that will obviously sell big-time with the free scare advertising. The vaccine is really what they want to stick in your blood and make millions off of...or billions.....scare everybody into buying it.
    I've never had a flu vaccine....I never died from the flu. Ya get over it naturally.
    Last edited by slavenomore; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:18 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    I truly hope you are not serious! You are a bit scary.....
    fxstc07 and fedexnuno like this.

9. 3 Weeks Ago

Jesus Christ is Lord

Reason
    Nothing to do with driverless trucks and California

10. 3 Weeks Ago

Jesus Christ is Lord

Reason
    Nothing to do with driverless trucks and California

11. 3 Weeks Ago

Jesus Christ is Lord

Reason