LOL LOL:  0
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Bethlehem Steelworker

Russell Bauder Obituary - Breinigsville, PA | Morning Call

12 brothers and sisters. Irish and PA Dutch. A very good man. Our town may have been iron Capitol of the world in the 1800's or so. Russel went from probably sleeping 3 kids in a bed to buying the second biggest Victorian brick house in town, probably built for an iron boss. And he loved big cars. Even owned a Cadillac. He knew the little creeks all around here and walked them with stringers full of trout. He'd give you one or 2 if you were out and he seen ya with them.Trout. All 3 kids are college grads. He talked to everyone and everyone.
    A union steelworker for 40 years.
    Rest In Peace.

2. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Bethlehem Steelworker

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Iron_Company
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock_Ridge_Park
    Since it was the day of his funeral my mind went to family and local history.

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Bethlehem Steelworker

Real local. From the town he and I both grew up in, fished in, rode bikes in, and walked the creeks and woods in. The links show what was very familiar sites to us. Became a park in the 70's.
    I saw a large part of my family today. And they all were in my grandmother's Catholic Church. None go there anymore. Very few remained Catholic. But almost all still live in the area. It feels real good to have a home. They're a very tight group but for some reason I have remained somewhat outside. They're very loud. You had to be if you wanted to be heard with 12 other children. They always eat and cook good. They have get togethers all throughout the year. Alot of times at my parents place. Went to the same cemetery my grandparents were buried and my uncles and my parents and I will be there too.
    He was a veteran and they had a veteran speaker and a bugle and 3 veterans shoot 3x each. It actually was a funeral that made me feel good and not bad. He done well. All the kids did well. And we have a pretty tight family against the odds the workers have been dealt.
    The nation has done a great injustice to the citizens with imports and letting the market decide.