Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I'm lovin' it

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Local Union
    710
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    116

    Default Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Just when you thought you MIGHT have some integrity, the Election Supervisor sends this across. Read it and decide for yourself.

    Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

  2. #2
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    9,328
    Rep Power
    714

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Throw the whole bunch of them in the slammer.Actually if this is true,they should be forced to resign or be put up on charges for corruption.

  3. #3
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,104
    Rep Power
    750

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    They should be thrown out of the union. After all they are no better than anyone else. How can we trust people that do this? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

  4. #4
    ENOUGH I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Who Knows?
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,997
    Rep Power
    510

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by MULER View Post
    They should be thrown out of the union. After all they are no better than anyone else. How can we trust people that do this? YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
    I never trusted any of them. It's been downhill since Hoffa and crew came into office. Doesn't seem like any of those "BEST CONTRACTS EVER" are working out.
    Last edited by mudflap560; 01-24-2011 at 04:05 PM.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star
    Location
    S. Carolina
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    680

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Just when you thought you MIGHT have some integrity, the Election Supervisor sends this across. Read it and decide for yourself.

    Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
    Hoffa denied any role in the scheme. The Election Supervisor did not find Hoffa credible—and credited witnesses and evidence who contradicted the cover story put forward by Hoffa, Hall, and Johnson.

    You've got to love it! I feel like we're back in the 70s and 80s. It's Fitzsimmons, Williams, Presser etc. all over again. After the great job he has been doing I wouldn't think that Hoffa had anything to worry about in the next election. Who would have thought that Pope or Gegare even had a chance of dethroning King Hoffa. Maybe there is hope.

  6. #6
    ENOUGH I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Who Knows?
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,997
    Rep Power
    510

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    Hoffa denied any role in the scheme. The Election Supervisor did not find Hoffa credible—and credited witnesses and evidence who contradicted the cover story put forward by Hoffa, Hall, and Johnson.

    You've got to love it! I feel like we're back in the 70s and 80s. It's Fitzsimmons, Williams, Presser etc. all over again. After the great job he has been doing I wouldn't think that Hoffa had anything to worry about in the next election. Who would have thought that Pope or Gegare even had a chance of dethroning King Hoffa. Maybe there is hope.
    One can only hope and pray that he is dethroned.

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    [J]Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    You might want to see Fred Gegare spin on this too. Fred's Spin

    FWIW there is a thread about this here too. Hoffa/Hall found corrupt by election supervisor

  8. #8
    Resistance is futile.

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Local Union
    391
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    11,287
    Rep Power
    845

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    It seems pretty conclusive when it comes from the office of the election supervisor. It is not going to be any slam dunk for Hoffa and Co.

  9. #9
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    [J]Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Unless these charges are really shouted from the rooftops so everyone hears and knows about them most will blindly vote for him anyway.

    I wonder how long until the right-winged, union haters pick up on this and start telling this is why the big bad unions should not be allowed in the workplace?

  10. #10
    ENOUGH I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Local Union
    560
    Employer
    Who Knows?
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    2,997
    Rep Power
    510

    Default Re: Investigation Details Failed Hoffa Bribery Scheme

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    Unless these charges are really shouted from the rooftops so everyone hears and knows about them most will blindly vote for him anyway.

    I wonder how long until the right-winged, union haters pick up on this and start telling this is why the big bad unions should not be allowed in the workplace?
    Excellent point. In situations such as this, we are our own worst enemy.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100