Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Default Hoffa zuckerman debate set

Hoffa Zuckerman Debate Set - Teamsters for a Democratic Union

The Hoffa Campaign has accepted an invitation to debate Fred Zuckerman on August 25 at a debate organized by the IBT Election Supervisor. But will Hoffa show up or chicken out? (Reprinted from Teamsters United)

The Election Supervisor has scheduled a debate for the General President candidates on Thursday, August 25 in the Washington, DC area.

Both Fred Zuckerman and the Hoffa Campaign have agreed to the date. The question is whether Hoffa will show up.

Hoffa has invented an excuse and ducked out of every General President debate since he was elected. He even negotiated an escape clause into the Election Rules that allows him to send General Secretary-Treasurer candidate Ken Hall as his stand-in.

“It’s time for Hoffa to face the members and answer for his failed record of contract givebacks, corruption, and pension cuts,” said General President candidate Fred Zuckerman.
    Any bets if Jr. shows?

2. Likes Jimmy Liked this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default Re: Hoffa zuckerman debate set

ill bet he won't ... he will send someone... i want to listen to the BS tho

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Of course he won't show. Just like in every other debate he'll be out of town on other important union business. I doubt that he could handle an unscripted live debate. How could he possibly justify his dismal record?

5. Likes ABFwife, gillholey Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

It'll be like a Hollywood movie.. Just have to figure out what actor will play Hoffa..

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Teamster presidential debate 2016

Fred Zuckerman will debate Ken Hall tonight at 6:30 8/25

You can watch the debate live at WWW.teamster.org or 0n the teamster Facebook page at Facebook.com/teamsters

Question and answer tomorrow.. By the way ,where the hell is Hoffa???

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Teamster presidential debate 2016

Hoffa was once again too busy with other more important union business. Hall didn't disclose the top secret other important business. IMO Hall did a good job avoiding answering the questions and from what I saw won the debate. I had to turn it off because it was making me sick listening to the drivel. Zuckerman didn't impress me at all but I'd probably vote for him just to protest Hoffa. I'd have paid good money to have seen Hoffa trying to answer questions and debate the issues without a teleprompter....................Just in curiosity has anyone ever seen Hoffa in the last 17 years answered an unscripted question?

9. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Fred Zuckerman Debates Hoffa's Stand-In

Yesterday the National Press Club hosted the Teamster General President Candidates Forum, and one candidate for General President showed up: Fred Zuckerman. James Hoffa used the IBT’s leverage to insist on a clause in the Election Rules allowing him to send a stand-in: Ken Hall.
    Zuckerman stuck close to the themes of the Teamsters United campaign: Save Teamster pensions, eliminate corruption, and organize for Teamster power and stronger contracts.

Hall was Mr. Smoothie, who came prepared by IBT handlers to evade those issues.

For example, when Zuckerman challenged him on the charges of racketeering, sham contracts, gifts from giant Teamster employers against Hoffa’s western running mate Rome Aloise, Hall countered by charging that a member of Local 89 had pushed another member during an argument! As if an unfortunate “screw-you” argument between two members in a parking lot is the same as an International vice president making corrupt deals with an investment broker who then takes Hoffa and his entourage to Europe for golf outings.
    Fred Zuckerman Debates Hoffa's Stand-In - Teamsters for a Democratic Union