Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default The Teamsters Election Shows Hoffa’s Days Are Numbered

This is about a week old (I haven't been around much) but I think it shows us that there is a good chance Hoffa is on his way out next time around. But then again, if those apathetic members had voted, I might not even be posting this article.

Teamster general president James P. Hoffa managed to hang onto power in the recent international Teamster election—but barely.

He was challenged for general president by Fred Zuckerman and the Teamsters United reform slate. Along with his running mate Tim Sylvester, the former president of New York Local 804, Zuckerman spent the last two years crisscrossing the country meeting with thousands of rank-and-file Teamsters infuriated by sell-out contracts, bankrupt pensions, and cascading corruption scandals.

Besides narrowly losing the election in the United States to Zuckerman by 709 votes, Hoffa lost his “home local” 614 in Pontiac, Michigan, and Detroit Local 299, led for decades by his father Jimmy Hoffa, Sr. Hoffa eked out a win by a mere six thousand votes out of 213,000 cast in the United States and Canada in the closest election in Teamsters’ history.
    The Teamsters Election Shows Hoffa’s Days Are Numbered - Working In These Times

2. Likes gillholey, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: The Teamsters Election Shows Hoffa’s Days Are Numbered

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    This is about a week old (I haven't been around much) but I think it shows us that there is a good chance Hoffa is on his way out next time around. But then again, if those apathetic members had voted, I might not even be posting this article.

The Teamsters Election Shows Hoffa’s Days Are Numbered - Working In These Times
    Hoffa is 75 years old and will be 80 next time election.. I don't think he will run again.. Hopefully he gets thrown out before then.