Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

Default Re: Smithfield announced Sunday that it is closing its pork processing plant in Sioux

The South Dakota politician is a hero on GOP radio for wanting to reopen and have state control of reopening and such......I wonder how much the Chinese meat place pays her?

2. Likes wizard, 2631, crazy, ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Smithfield announced Sunday that it is closing its pork processing plant in Sioux

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Wow...owned by China. Unbelievable how our economic brainiac allowed a communist nation buy into our economy so much.
    A fool and his money shall part.....$20 trillion plus in debt...bye bye money.
    China has been buying this country for decades.
    Especially Treasury Bonds. Of which they own over ONE TRILLION of our debt in bonds.
    They bought US farms.
    Expensive properties in New York City.
    The list goes on with China's buying spree.
    Remember, capitalism means you sell to the highest bidder ... allegiance to a country means nothing to a true dyed in the wool capitalist.

4. Likes slavenomore, 2631 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

There is a battle going on here in NM. The governor saying it's too soon to let our guard down, individual mayors saying time to open up the economy and the citizens crying that their constitutional rights are being trampled on. Obviously this is going on all over the country.

Sioux Falls Smithfield disaster reflects ongoing national battle
    SIOUX FALLS, S.D.—Just two days after the coronavirus took the life of a second worker at the Smithfield plant here, the town council on Tuesday unanimously voted to kill a stay-at-home order the city’s mayor, in defiance of the state’s governor, had introduced last week.

The much weaker “no lingering” order currently in place for the town was extended to May 15. It requires that no more than 10 people at a time gather inside any “non-essential” business.

Sioux Falls, in the heart of rural America, actually brings into sharp focus the battle going on now between the nation’s profit-hungry corporations on the one hand and the labor-led people’s forces on the other. It’s a battle between those who will do anything to preserve the interrupted status quo in which the majority of Americans are thoroughly exploited and a new way in which the health and safety of the people come first.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...tional-battle/

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Because this has to do with meat packing plants I am going to add all such news here in this thread. I think it is a good thing OSHA is involved.

OSHA Will Oversee Opening Of Meatpacking Plants Following Trump Order

President Donald Trump has ordered meat processing plants to open amid growing concerns about meat shortages and despite thousands of workers at meatpacking plants across the country, including in Wisconsin, becoming ill due to outbreaks of COVID-19.
    "It's important that processors of beef, pork, and poultry ("meat and poultry") in the food supply chain continue operating and fulfilling orders to ensure a continued supply of protein for Americans," the order reads.

Following Trump’s order, OSHA and the U.S. Department of Labor released guidance to employers for reopening their sites.

"To the extent employers determine that certain measures are not feasible in the context of specific plants and circumstances, they are encouraged to document why that is the case," OSHA states.

Claire Paprocki of Brown County Health said her department is working with the meatpacking plants to make sure they are complying with OSHA guidelines for reopening.
    https://www.wpr.org/osha-will-overse...ng-trump-order

7. Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I know Tyson was mentioned in another thread but since this is the topic of meat plants and sick people, this one needs to be noted. Just how safe is it to start opening these plants? I think some serious measures need to be taken to assure people their safety.

Nearly 900 workers at Tyson Foods plant in Indiana test positive for coronavirus
    Almost 900 workers at a Tyson Foods plant in Indiana have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a report on Wednesday.

The plant, located in Logansport, Ind., has seen 890 of its 2,200 employees test positive in just under a week -- which is more than 40 percent of its workforce. It's one of several Tyson plants across the country that have voluntarily closed due to virus outbreaks.

County officials have been working with Tyson, the largest U.S. meat supplier, in developing a plan to reopen, according to Indianapolis's WISH-TV.

Case County Commissioner Ryan Browning said that plan has been expedited after President Trump signed an executive order on Tuesday, ensuring meat processing plants would stay open during the coronavirus pandemic.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...cid=spartandhp

Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF Freight

Tyson in Dakota City Ne also was hit hard and I believe they were to close for cleaning before resuming work

https://siouxcityjournal.com/news/lo...ign=user-share
    Last edited by tiredseat; 05-01-2020 at 06:53 PM.

10. Thanks Jimmy thanked for this post
    Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default Tyson Food plant in Wilkesboro has employees concerned

COVID-19 outbreak at Tyson Food plant in Wilkesboro has employees concerned
    WILKES COUNTY, N.C. — Channel 9 has learned that a Tyson Foods plant in Wilkesboro is battling a COVID-19 outbreak and is going to be testing thousands of employees.

Outbreaks at poultry plants across the country have been sickening workers, halting production and limiting meat supply.

Workers told Channel 9′s Dave Faherty that they are concerned about their safety but they also want to keep working.
    https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/i-...GHRMVOKXM3L2Y/

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

Default Re: Tyson Food plant in Wilkesboro has employees concerned

I remember when these plants were "Holly Farms" remember eating Holly Farms chicken? I also remember Teamsters Local 391 trying to organize the Truck Drivers back in the late 80's might have even went into the early 90's. I also remember the Winston Cup race at the North Wilkesboro track was called the Holly Farms 300 or 400 what ever the laps of the race was.

13. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer, ABFwife, 2631 Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired ABF/Red Star

Default Re: Smithfield is closing its pork processing & Tyson Food COVID-19 outbreak concern

NASCAR is starting back up next week in Darlington without the fans.

15. Thanks Jimmy thanked for this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Smithfield is closing its pork processing & Tyson Food COVID-19 outbreak concern

Quote Originally Posted by 2631 View Post
    NASCAR is starting back up next week in Darlington without the fans.
    How are they going to social distance at 200 mph?? Does that mean no drafting?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast