Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scabs Want Back

PROUD UNION PUNK

Local Union
    Employer
    WMI

Default Re: Scabs Want Back

Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    The ones that I was referring to are in Portland, Oregon. I don't know about what is going on in Washington. Neither are RTW states.

Does it matter what state their in? Their current state is SCAB. That will never change. I puke on their shoes and then stomp their bean bag. Constitutionally, read between the lines. bring charges and get nowhere. Why? No one brings charges so no one knows HOW to bring charges. Sorry but I have to call BS on bringing charges. If any local has the sense to bring them back, man alive, lord help you, since common sense just failed you.

Handling it the TEAMSTER way, pass.
    All others, FAIL.

Come in peace and you will leave with NOTHING.

D.-Crap/Yep, it's crap.

Fish Hard Die Happy

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Teamster's Constitution says, no brother shall harm or cause harm to a fellow brother. By Crossing lines and being scabs, they have done exactly that. Therefore, they should be blacklisted and removed from the union. However, in a rtws, unfortunately the company can keep them on. Therefore, I feel they should pay for the time they crossed, and be relagated to the bottom of the seniority list. Hopefully that way, there won't be enough work to put them on.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

An update. To me it shows how weak and scared the the Western Regional and the International are. I am disappointed in the lack of testicular fortitude from both.

On 5/17 Local 81 in Portland had their monthly meeting. The question was asked of the S-T Tom S. what the status of one scab line driver was. The only response was "you need to ask the International, I don't know, you need to ask Hobart, (Western Regional President) it is out of my hands, it is because of the pending Unfair Labor Charges, I can't do anything about it," and more I don't knows.

The line driver in question was charged for re-initiation fees and nothing more. This SOB made a killing off of our backs. Oak offered anyone who crossed a $1000 signing bonus plus he was working over seven months. In his case he would have been second on the line board right below our PITA, longtime "core" member who I don't have a fight with as he didn't have a choice and he made his bed along time ago.

I am just now getting calmed down enough about this to write this and hope to get a letter to Hobart in the near future but I am sure it will be a waste of time, paper and postage.

For my dues I get to say I am a Teamster and that is all. So far the company is supposedly putting our pension into a trust fund but no ones knows, and is making us take company medical. This is supposed to end if and when we have a contract which will be on the 35th of Neveruary.

Thank you Jimmy for a strong Union.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    Reddaway

RRRB, unfortunately the laws take priority in all of the situations you speak of above. Tom S. doesn't have a choice except to be sued. The law has protected the scabs a heck of alot more than they protect striking workers. They cannot be discriminated against for not standing tall on a picket line. By fining them or doing any other type of retalitory action, would be considered discrimination. Can you believe that if the scabs seniority gets violated, the Local Union will have to file a grievance for them, even if they aren't paying dues, or potentially have a DFR filed on them. With Ray (the Rat) M. getting the Natioanl Rights to Work clowns involved all of the Locals have to be very careful. A lawsuit surrounding the issues above could bankrupt a Local Union. Especially one like 81. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what do you do. No Local wants to be sued.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by 174 Member View Post
    RRRB, unfortunately the laws take priority in all of the situations you speak of above. Tom S. doesn't have a choice except to be sued. The law has protected the scabs a heck of alot more than they protect striking workers. They cannot be discriminated against for not standing tall on a picket line. By fining them or doing any other type of retalitory action, would be considered discrimination. Can you believe that if the scabs seniority gets violated, the Local Union will have to file a grievance for them, even if they aren't paying dues, or potentially have a DFR filed on them. With Ray (the Rat) M. getting the Natioanl Rights to Work clowns involved all of the Locals have to be very careful. A lawsuit surrounding the issues above could bankrupt a Local Union. Especially one like 81. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but what do you do. No Local wants to be sued.
    Good post 174. As bad as it is the reality of a lost lawsuit looms in these matters if proper and legal steps aren't taken very carefully by the Union. I don't blame OHFL Teamsters for being mad as hell and disappointed but the reality of it is that it would be worse if a Local was to unlawfully punish a loser scab and lose their butts for it.

Teamster

Local Union
    Employer
    YRCW

I guess it's up to the members to make these POS scabs feel the way they deserve to feel. Treat them like the dirt bags they are.

What's the deal? No pension payments, company medical, and the months just roll by with no contract. I can only imagine how disheartening it must be for the many Teamsters who sacrificed deeply in this strike effort. Because, I know it is for me, and I only casually participated in ambulatory pickets and the strike line. Every member of every local involved has funded this effort through their strike funds and to see no justice after all this time is very frustrating.

Tom said over and over again how severe the fines would be for those that scabbed in this effort, guess that was BS, but I believe he would like to see those fines levied more than anyone.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    "Wonderful" YRC Worldwide

The scabs should be dealt with by their co-workers.
    No names to protect the guilty here---------
    A teamster at a grocery outfit in Clackamas wasn't getting enough hours to live on, so he went into dispatch. He got ridden by the teamsters so bad for moving to a management posotion, that he went back to driving (at the bottom of the board.)
    Back out on the road, he was dealt with so much, that he decided to move on.
    Problem solved

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    Reddaway

Evidently the OHFL Auburn Members were very aware of what could and could not be done to the scabs and crossovers. Remember, back even just 20 years ago discrimination and some other forms of so called "legal justice" were just not as available as they are today. Alot of things that go on, on a picket line and anywhere for that matter, now with video and audio as high tech as they are, will only get anyone involved, directly or indirectly, in deep doo doo, so to speak.

Graybeard

Local Union
    Employer
    OHFL

What amazes me is the Ptld line driver that crossed and was cursing and attemting to run over teamsters on the line in Auburn is now trying to shake hands and be buddies with those he figuratively spit on. Then he walks off laughing when he is told where to go. I guess that kind of shows mental capacity of our scabs.

The Last Gunslinger

Local Union
    Employer
    Oak Harbor Freight Lines

That particular Portland line driver (Bill M.) is a bipolar little b***h, and he will always be a sad, pathetic loser.

As to what can be done with these sad sacks, 174 Member hit the nail on the head. The law has tied our hands at every step of the way, and these cockroaches hide behind the law, then squeal like stuck pigs at what they now hear the company wants to ram down our collective throats.

I guess they thought we were out on strike for fun and good health, huh?

And Tom S. always made a point of saying that he would do the maximum that the law allowed us to do to these fine, upstanding individuals... unfortunately, that turned out to be almost nothing. If you think he, or any of us, are happy about it, think again.

But he has the responsibility to run the local and not get us into a legally liable situation, and so we have to allow these... gentlemen... back in. And we all swallow that bad taste in our mouths, and forge ahead in this struggle.

Just do us all a favor when it comes to these guys: make them feel very lonely, very isolated, and very much like what they are... vermin living off of the hard work and dedication of the REAL Oak Harbor Teamsters!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast