Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    [J]Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Off to See the Judge

    Seem as the NLRB is preparing to take Oak Harbor to the next step which is an Administrative Law Judge.

    Memo from IBT

    Labor Board Complaint

  2. #2
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    11,504
    Rep Power
    979

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    Seem as the NLRB is preparing to take Oak Harbor to the next step which is an Administrative Law Judge.

    Memo from IBT

    Labor Board Complaint
    It is a long drawn out process for sure. I do hope those that were gleefully touting the ineffectiveness of our contractual language takes note. Justice will be served! Again I ask them. "What do you have without a legally binding agreement?"

    I do find it interesting that whenever we strike a blow in favor of organized labor that those that wish our demise become scarce. Those alligator mouths disappear into their pipsqueak behinds never to be heard from again.

  3. #3
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    abf
    Location
    gods country
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Dear Brothers and Sisters:



    After making an unconditional offer to return to work on February 12, 2009, we immediately took steps to force Oak Harbor to stop violating your legal rights and to negotiate with the Union in good faith.



    On behalf of the negotiating committee, I would like to inform you that we have made significant progress toward ending Oak Harborís illegal conduct.



    After a long delay, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has decided to pursue charges against Oak Harbor for:

    1) illegally terminating pension, healthcare, and retiree healthcare contributions set forth in the expired contract,

    2) refusing to reinstate three strikers fired for supporting the Union,

    3) refusing to reinstate several members at the Portland Terminal not recalled after the strike,

    4) failing to back pay several Local 174 and 763 members whose reinstatements were wrongfully delayed,

    5) failing to return Portland terminal work wrongfully diverted to non-union locations, and

    6) declining to provide information requested by Local 763.

    A copy of the Complaint which the NLRB recently served on Oak Harbor is posted at Oak Harbor Report. This Complaint incorporates the charges discussed above. Absent a settlement with the company, the NLRB is preparing to take Oak Harbor before an Administrative Law Judge for refusing to remedy these violations.


    As part of the remedy the Board is seeking to force the company to:
    1) restore contributions to pension, healthcare and retiree healthcare funds retroactive to the day the strike ended and going forward as part of the normal status quo during negotiations,

    2) restore work performed by Portland Line Haul employees,

    3) make whole any affected employees who were not reinstated or who were laid off due to the companyís illegal conduct, and

    4) for the company to pay quarterly compound interest on any back pay or monetary remedies ordered in this case.


    Although this process has been time consuming, we are pleased with the result. We will continue to coordinate with the NRLB until we reach a satisfactory resolution that protects the rights of Oak Harbor Teamsters.

    We will continue to give you updates as things develop.

    To review the most recent complaint issued by the NRLB please visit Oak Harbor Report.

    Fraternally,
    J. Allen Hobart

    Vice President Western Region

    International Brotherhood of Teamsters

    here it is. I hope OHFL chokes on this. They have hurt a lot of lives.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Local Union
    162
    Employer
    "Wonderful" YRC Worldwide
    Posts
    3,385
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRollingRoadblock View Post
    Seem as the NLRB is preparing to take Oak Harbor to the next step which is an Administrative Law Judge.

    Memo from IBT

    Labor Board Complaint
    A++++ triple R

  5. #5
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    abf
    Location
    gods country
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by kgee View Post
    Dear Brothers and Sisters:



    After making an unconditional offer to return to work on February 12, 2009, we immediately took steps to force Oak Harbor to stop violating your legal rights and to negotiate with the Union in good faith.



    On behalf of the negotiating committee, I would like to inform you that we have made significant progress toward ending Oak Harborís illegal conduct.



    After a long delay, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) has decided to pursue charges against Oak Harbor for:

    1) illegally terminating pension, healthcare, and retiree healthcare contributions set forth in the expired contract,

    2) refusing to reinstate three strikers fired for supporting the Union,

    3) refusing to reinstate several members at the Portland Terminal not recalled after the strike,

    4) failing to back pay several Local 174 and 763 members whose reinstatements were wrongfully delayed,

    5) failing to return Portland terminal work wrongfully diverted to non-union locations, and

    6) declining to provide information requested by Local 763.

    A copy of the Complaint which the NLRB recently served on Oak Harbor is posted at Oak Harbor Report. This Complaint incorporates the charges discussed above. Absent a settlement with the company, the NLRB is preparing to take Oak Harbor before an Administrative Law Judge for refusing to remedy these violations.


    As part of the remedy the Board is seeking to force the company to:
    1) restore contributions to pension, healthcare and retiree healthcare funds retroactive to the day the strike ended and going forward as part of the normal status quo during negotiations,

    2) restore work performed by Portland Line Haul employees,

    3) make whole any affected employees who were not reinstated or who were laid off due to the companyís illegal conduct, and

    4) for the company to pay quarterly compound interest on any back pay or monetary remedies ordered in this case.


    Although this process has been time consuming, we are pleased with the result. We will continue to coordinate with the NRLB until we reach a satisfactory resolution that protects the rights of Oak Harbor Teamsters.

    We will continue to give you updates as things develop.

    To review the most recent complaint issued by the NRLB please visit Oak Harbor Report.

    Fraternally,
    J. Allen Hobart

    Vice President Western Region

    International Brotherhood of Teamsters

    here it is. I hope OHFL chokes on this. They have hurt a lot of lives.
    I am hearing rumors that the union is willing to let all this slide until JUNE. WTF. How long does this need to keep going on.

  6. #6
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    [J]Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Oak has a memo out (they haven't posted at oakhanswers.com) that says they are outstanding, fine, god fearing people and they KNOW they haven't done anything wrong, and so on. They KNOW they will be found innocent of all charges. Oak has asked for and received an extension to the hearing date and they think it may be in June. It also states that there was no objections to this from the union. Oh, and by the way they still want wage concessions as all the other carriers have gotten. They state that the Union wants them to open their books..."but we are not pleading the inability to pay."

    F'em. I gave them six months of wages I won't give them any more. They are still screwing us on the pension and medical. If they want more wage concessions they can open the books (but they forgot which version is the right one), and I will be happy to make the EXACT same deal YRC made.

    As far as June. So what. I think we are the highest paid in the LTL industry right now. Make money and bank what you can. When this horse dies I'll find another. I just don't care any longer. And there is a whole lot of "I don't give a chit" at this company.

    Drop in at the scab boards and read my post about the Wabash trailers. I posted it there in hopes more of the nons in CA would hear about it. In the mean time watch out for unattached trailers running down the road. I'll try to report on the "fix' that is in place.

  7. #7
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    Oak Harbor Freightlines
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by kgee View Post
    I am hearing rumors that the union is willing to let all this slide until JUNE. WTF. How long does this need to keep going on.
    3/17/10 I spoke with a NLRB Attorney in the Portland office and was told the trial date had been rescheduled for June 22nd 2010.

  8. #8
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Local Union
    407
    Employer
    ABF
    Posts
    3,104
    Rep Power
    751

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    You guys make more than $24.21 an hour? that is what our utility drivers make and our regular city drivers make $23.21 an hour. if you guys make more than that great job.

  9. #9
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    abf
    Location
    gods country
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Does anyone know what the current statis is? I know the union offered up paper to wipe with but haven't heard anything since. June is just around the corner.

  10. #10
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Local Union
    81
    Employer
    [J]Oak Harbor Freight Lines
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Off to See the Judge

    Quote Originally Posted by kgee View Post
    Does anyone know what the current statis is? I know the union offered up paper to wipe with but haven't heard anything since. June is just around the corner.
    On May 23 Oak rejected the union proposal. "The company has indicated that they are unwilling to enter into a new agreement that includes either the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Plan of Washington Teamsters Retirees Welfare Trust."

    Hang on the ride is just getting started. And a few prayers that we win the NLRB hearings couldn't hurt.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258