Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Default Company Seniority at FedEx Doesn't Mean Sh**

This is bullsh*t of what FedEx does now, I was talking to a couple of line haul drivers today, and was told that FedEx doesn’t honor seniority no more.
    Let me explain the scenario here, if a driver of local p & d that drove for 20 years as local p & d driver, and then decides to jump into the line haul operation department and transfers to it, he lose his seniority, which is ok, but not loose company seniority for vacation or layoff.
    Now as of today, being in the same barn, he has no strap at all, meaning if a suppose a driver like Motto Rider that has 5 years with the company as a line Driver and this other driver that has 20 years of company seniority and just transfer to line haul, will be layoff first before Motto Rider.
    Or Motto Rider will have first choice for vacation before the 20 year driver…Irudedog from changefedextowin and I warned everybody years ago (2006) that extreme changes were coming, we saw the Big Picture when FedEx took over.
    I’ll say it again it’s time to organize now, it’s never too late, but now we have to negotiate what you have lost on the bargaining table.
    Everybody that works for a Big Greedy Corporation needs a Collective Bargaining Agreement!!!
    Last edited by 222lifer; 03-14-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    UPSF/FDXF

Default Re: Company Seniority at FedEx Doesn't Mean Sh**

Hey thanks for including me in your post.
    I think u might be trying to say "lose" seniority.
    U should maybe talk to HR about this before believing a bunch of rumors coming from drivers. I have heard all sorts of untrue "facts" come from drivers.
    If p&d changes classification to road his bid seniority is at the bottom. His company seniority stays the same for vacations and layoffs within the road board. However while at the bottom of bid seniority if there are cuts the bottom driver is cut which in your case would be the 20yr driver. I have seen all of the above work first hand.
    Sadly what I have been watching is instead of layoffs they cut until drivers are starved out. Union or not this happens everywhere.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider View Post
    Hey thanks for including me in your post.
    I think u might be trying to say "lose" seniority.
    U should maybe talk to HR about this before believing a bunch of rumors coming from drivers. I have heard all sorts of untrue "facts" come from drivers.
    If p&d changes classification to road his bid seniority is at the bottom. His company seniority stays the same for vacations and layoffs within the road board. However while at the bottom of bid seniority if there are cuts the bottom driver is cut which in your case would be the 20yr driver. I have seen all of the above work first hand.
    Sadly what I have been watching is instead of layoffs they cut until drivers are starved out. Union or not this happens everywhere.
    Funny, we just had a couple of drivers do the impossible and switch from the city board to the line board at my barn. This is a first for us. They keep company seniority for vacations but will not hold that seniority should there be a layoff. This was allowed just this one time. A bold move in my opinion. This location is a gainer in the COO and we expect 14 line drivers to come our way. They may have seniority on the two that transfered over. Worse case, they may have transferred into a layoff. I have seen that happen before also.

Years ago at this location, we had a choice to make. City board or road board. If you had a change of heart after bidding you had to quit and rehire, going to the bottom of the other board. That is just the way it was around here. The majority ruled and that is what came from the decision.

Other locations had different rules and seniority could be exercised on the annual bids. A driver could switch back and forth. That is the benefit of having a CBA. Defined work rules that can be negotiated. Taylor your local rules to benefit both the employees and the company.

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

If you crossover under our supplement, you loose your company seniority for bidding purposes only. After one year and a day from the date of your crossover you loose no seniority for any purpose.

Local Union
    Employer
    UPSF/FDXF

The best advise union or not is DON'T TRANSFER!! Unless u are facing a layoff. Everyone knows the rules before a transfer. Accept your choice and live with it. Pretty simple. I find it funny majority of the people screaming for company seniority no mater the company are the ones that voluntarily took a transfer and want to be back where they left. The company is saying we can't allow transfers as it upsets to many people. However if u choose to do so rather then lose u all together we can offer u a transfer in which u keep all your pay and vacation but lose seniority.

IMO companies should just not allow transfers. Rehire if u want to transfer. This whole transfer deal causes to many headaches from people that can't accept a choice they made.

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired,Univar USA

I wish that we could have a Master Agreement for all Drivers. One rate for local and a good rate for miles. James R Hoffa's plan for all of us. I hope we don't lose it my brothers....Haz-Man