• 1 Post By 222lifer
  • 1 Post By capmac48

Thread: FedEx loses another driver misclassification case, in Maine

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default FedEx loses another driver misclassification case, in Maine

PORTLAND, Maine - FedEx, notorious for misclassifying its drivers as "independent contractors" - barring them from labor law protection and avoiding paying Social Security, Medicare and workers' comp taxes, lost another misclassification case, in Maine.

On Mar. 14, a federal judge in Portland approved a settlement saying FedEx Ground misclassified 141 drivers. The drivers will net $3.9 million in back pay and damages.

That follows previous FedEx losses and settlements of misclassification claims in Illinois, Massachusetts,
    FedEx loses another driver misclassification case, in Maine » peoplesworld
    fedexnuno likes this.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: FedEx loses another driver misclassification case, in Maine

This is a huge win! Hey Freddy, how did that feel?:thumbup:

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    This is a huge win! Hey Freddy, how did that feel?:thumbup:
    A small drop in the bucket for Freddy.
    I'll bet they will continue to appeal the decision.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

We have a similar situation going on here in SoCal,container haulers it appears have finally had enough and are finally standing up,lets hope the IBT doesn't leave them swinging in the wind and follows through. This is the oldest trick in the book and surprised that so many companies still try to use these tactics,most of these drivers don't realize how bad there getting screwed till they try to file a disability or unemployment claim,not to mention no retirement,time to end this once and for all,unless your a O/O running under your own authority your a employee.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by capmac48 View Post
    We have a similar situation going on here in SoCal,container haulers it appears have finally had enough and are finally standing up,lets hope the IBT doesn't leave them swinging in the wind and follows through. This is the oldest trick in the book and surprised that so many companies still try to use these tactics,most of these drivers don't realize how bad there getting screwed till they try to file a disability or unemployment claim,not to mention no retirement,time to end this once and for all,unless your a O/O running under your own authority your a employee.
    Yes, I did post about that situation in Southern CA and what I got were a lot of responses about how the guys are a bunch of foreigners willing to drive trucks that are falling apart and so on. I don't think anyone was looking at the bigger picture when I posted about it.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

The big picture is, Mr. Hoffa needs to get off his ass and run with this hard! Remember that resolution to organize FedEx you were so proud of in Vegas?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    ABFwife likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Retired
    Employer
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Yes, I did post about that situation in Southern CA and what I got were a lot of responses about how the guys are a bunch of foreigners willing to drive trucks that are falling apart and so on. I don't think anyone was looking at the bigger picture when I posted about it.
    I missed that post but yes most are for lack of a better word "ethnic" and due to the new CARB/EPA regs their driving better trucks than most of us at YRC drive,at the end of the day it doesn't matter what they look like or drive they are Americans whom by the way must pass a background check,haz-mat and Twic cards are required so one can say they are probably more scrutinized than the average OTR driver,so I'm behind them 100% and so should every teamster,everyone complains that the IBT doesn't organize,we all need to support this effort IMO.
    ABFwife likes this.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

They are planning to build the worlds largest hub on former Bethlehem Steel property. They're trying to shove off stuuf on the taxpayer already. Roads and streets and stuff. Gov Corbett will probably do whatever Fred wants. Hopefully we get them iin and stop their illegal behavior. I'm waiting patientlly Misters Smith and Corbett. You will get a big welcome when the wrongs are righted not before.
    The plan of changing the political/economy more towards owners instead of workers/ taxpayers/ residents is not going unnoticed.