Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Fedex and Amazon

I'm sure those working at Fedex have heard this. I wonder what they think about the possibility of a buy out, or worse that Fedex may not continue ion it's current form.

FedEx Nightmare
    In the next 24 months, FedEx (NYSE:FDX) will either be acquired or lose an additional 40%+ in value. The likely acquirer is Walmart (NYSE:WMT). The gangster move: a merger with Shopify.
    This has happened. Since the launch of Amazon's (NASDAQ:AMZN) delivery service in February 2018, FedEx has lost $25 billion (39%) in value, despite the S&P's 24% gain. Amazon has added $240 billion (33%). In less than two years, Amazon captured nearly one-fifth of the market for e-commerce deliveries in the U.S.
    The Memphis firm's most recent earnings were a sh*t-show with top- and bottom-line misses, drivel about a slowdown in air freight, and (my favorite) an unfavorable calendar - a Kabuki dance attempting to distract investors from the fact they're being featurized by Amazon.
    FedEx shareholders have woken up in an M. Night Shyamalan nightmare. Instead of seeing dead people, investors are haunted by Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans with an arrow the shape of a smile on their side. Everywhere.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/431...edex-nightmare

2. Thanks ABFwife thanked for this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Fedex and Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I'm sure those working at Fedex have heard this. I wonder what they think about the possibility of a buy out, or worse that Fedex may not continue ion it's current form.

FedEx Nightmare

https://seekingalpha.com/article/431...edex-nightmare
    If I remember correctly FedEx shook hands with the devil (Amazon) and now regret ever coming to know them. I interact with several different divisions of FedEx daily. The word is it is mighty slow.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

4. Likes fedexnuno, fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Amazon is the real reason the USPS lost billions last year again,lost like a $1.50 a package.. .. Now they want to privatize it again.. Maybe Amazon is behind that.. Where are the Teamsters and other unions?? Why don't they go out and unionize the Amazon workforce like they are doing in Europe?? Once again they will be late to the party..
    FedEx not only lost or gave up depending what story you believe but they lost out on Kohls.. In November just around Thanksgiving we had some lady pull into our driveway and knock on the door with a Kohl's package .. After asking a few questions she told me she worked out of Newburgh NY with some company that hires peoples with cars to deliver last mile deliveries.. She got $1.50 a package and started the day with 50 something packages but ours for her was a loser.. We were about twenty miles from her last delivery and the only one she had in PA.. She also had a small child with her.. So maybe this is the future??
    Again with FedEx from what our delivery guy told me it was the amount of damages that incurred every day.. Freight is like a roller coaster .. Ups and downs .. One has to be ready for the long haul..

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Placing this here since the story mentions FedEx, and UPS. I don't know if this means a permanent or short term suspension of their delivery system that competes with Fedex and UPS.

Amazon to suspend delivery service competing with UPS, FedEx
    (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc will suspend a delivery service that aims to compete with UPS and FedEx in the United States.
    The online retailer told customers that the service, Amazon Shipping, will be paused starting in June, according to the Wall Street Journal, which was first to report the change.
    Amazon is suspending the service because it needs people and capacity to handle a surge in its own customers orders, the Journal reported, citing sources.
    The company is grappling with a demand surge in the United States, where most residents are under stay-at-home orders to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus that is sweeping around the globe.
    Amazon has been unable to get many packages to customers in one or two days, as it had promised prior to the epidemic.
    The suspension of Amazon Shipping will allow the company to focus on its core delivery operation, said Trevor Outman, founder of consultancy Shipware.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...222132160.html

7. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

It appears shipping is a nightmare right now. I ordered two used books from bookstores on Amazon. Taking forever to get here. I ordered a daybed for our spare room and it is coming via Fedex but it is becoming a tracking nightmare. My daughter recently ordered something to be delivered to our house from Amazon. Again the tracking was a nightmare and it showed up days early with the tracking still saying it would not be delivered until at least today. That came via UPS. But with stores closed we don't have much choice.