Atlas

Default Re: OrgCon VI in DC this year

Looks like a lot of fun.

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

I want to go but can't because I am not an organizer but so desperately wants to be!! Any advice on how to get my foot in the door please let me know!!

Third Generation Teamster

Local Union
    Employer
    Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by teamster in WA View Post
    I want to go but can't because I am not an organizer but so desperately wants to be!! Any advice on how to get my foot in the door please let me know!!
    you and me both

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    American Products

Just go. Download the registration form and fax it back - trust me they wont turn you away. Try southwest air for cheap flights. I can get you half off at LaQuinta but its 25 miles away - Dollar has best rate for cars. Register as a volunteer organizer. I took my son to Memphis last year when I delivered the tshirts - they gave him a badge and everything. I made him go to the seminars and everything. He was bored as can be but I got a real cool pic of him and Hoffa that I had Hoffa sign for me on my next trip to DC. Alot of people thought it was real cool to see someone educating a 10 year old about Unionism. Hoffa asked him if he went to meetings with me and said his Dad used to take him everywhere too - and to keep on going.

Third Generation Teamster

Local Union
    Employer
    Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by IBTshirts View Post
    Just go. Download the registration form and fax it back - trust me they wont turn you away. Try southwest air for cheap flights. I can get you half off at LaQuinta but its 25 miles away - Dollar has best rate for cars. Register as a volunteer organizer. I took my son to Memphis last year when I delivered the tshirts - they gave him a badge and everything. I made him go to the seminars and everything. He was bored as can be but I got a real cool pic of him and Hoffa that I had Hoffa sign for me on my next trip to DC. Alot of people thought it was real cool to see someone educating a 10 year old about Unionism. Hoffa asked him if he went to meetings with me and said his Dad used to take him everywhere too - and to keep on going.
    That is good to know I will start asking around to see who is going from my local. It is very good to teach your children unionism. I know my dad always taught us that you buy Union made American goods, and work a union job.

Business Agent/Organizer

Local Union
    DC#4
    Employer
    DC#4 GCC/IBT

Ding ding ding!! All set. Will be there. Jim's buying the first round!!

Frank

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

Quote Originally Posted by IBTshirts View Post
    Absolutely about teaching the kids, because that is our future! My 16 yr old son is very involved with all the union functions I am. He has been down to the picket line at OHFL, been to Rite Aid for the ILWU protest and many more activities. I am raising him the best way I can the union way lol. My 8 yr old daughter can spot a scab OHFL truck when we are on the road "look mom it's a scab driver for Oak Harbor" or "ok so if they cross this line here I can yell scab at them."
    So, yes I may just do that IBT and if I do I will have to bring another Starbucks mug what ones are you missin again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast