Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PROUD UNION PUNK

Local Union
    Employer
    WMI

Default ULP Experience/definition/validity/need help.

I'm looking to have a chat/looking for some help with ULP's and their definitions in regards to a couple of things regarding Waste. I would appreciate any input or suggestions you may have. Not off-topic or anything like that, just looking to broaden horizons/gain some knowledge in the subject.

Thanks much in advance.

D.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    The Best Ticket in Town

Default Re: ULP Experience/definition/validity/need help.

Post your concerns/questions. You should find the answer you're looking for. I'm primarily, a contracts, injury, workplace discrimination, whiz, but if you think aloud, we may be able to answer your questions.
    Last edited by WestCoast; 10-12-2008 at 09:28 AM.

When I'm bad I'm good!

Local Union
    Employer
    Fired byWasted Management

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
    Post your concerns/questions. You should find the answer you're looking for. I'm primarily, a contracts, injury, workplace discrimination, whiz, but if you think aloud, we may be able to answer your questions.
    Hey Westcoast when things are not handled according to the companies own policies, Is there a way after to correct it? To explain my situation. I pulled a wire down in July. I was given a written warning. In August I hit a garage. In August I was told that I would have a rider to point out my faults or incorrect actions. I asked for my route to be shortened to avoid having to drive like a raped ape to get done. I never recieved a write up of any kind for this incident. Yet I was suspended for 2 days. Just Friday I scratched a city DPW truck making a turn. I was given a three day suspension. What I am asking is there a way that we can put blame back on waste for not following through with the correct retraining policies to get me paid for those 2 days or something to that effect?

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

What does it say in your contract regarding disciplinary action? Verbal, Written, 1 day suspension, what not is it something to that effect. Do you have a copy of the company policy in regards to this matter? Not sure if I could answer the question you have but would like more info to make a better eval on your situation. Something similar has happened to a coworker with a forklift. Need to check back to see what happened in that situation.

When I'm bad I'm good!

Local Union
    Employer
    Fired byWasted Management

k we have no copies of the contract yet cuz of the strike would it go by last contract cuz it happened in aug before strike

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

Good question. Do you have a copy of the old contract? I would look it up in there and while you are looking find out if there is a time limit on when you can file the grievance. It may be too late to do anything because of the time limit. I would also contact your BA regarding this matter asap or even the union attorney either one of them should have answers for you.

Getting In The Groove Now.

Local Union
    Employer
    cassens

Quote Originally Posted by MzGarbageWoman View Post
    Hey Westcoast when things are not handled according to the companies own policies, Is there a way after to correct it? To explain my situation. I pulled a wire down in July. I was given a written warning. In August I hit a garage. In August I was told that I would have a rider to point out my faults or incorrect actions. I asked for my route to be shortened to avoid having to drive like a raped ape to get done. I never recieved a write up of any kind for this incident. Yet I was suspended for 2 days. Just Friday I scratched a city DPW truck making a turn. I was given a three day suspension. What I am asking is there a way that we can put blame back on waste for not following through with the correct retraining policies to get me paid for those 2 days or something to that effect?
    At least you are honest. I don't know many men who would admit to 3 accidents in 4 months.

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

Quote Originally Posted by draggin View Post
    At least you are honest. I don't know many men who would admit to 3 accidents in 4 months.
    Have you heard about all the damage, accidents the scab drivers at Oak Harbor Freight Lines have done and the company is not willing to own up to that.

Solidarity Sister

Local Union
    Employer
    ABC

Let me know what you find MzGarbageWoman k. Hope I was able to help you out a little.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    The Best Ticket in Town

Mz, if an accident occurred under the old contract, it follows that contracts discipline procedure provided the effects were bargained over. Likewise any new accidents which occur are under the new contract, provided, the effects were bargained over. Without seeing a copy of either contract it's hard to advise. Most contracts follow a correctivr progressive discipline policy, verbal, written et al., provided it's not a cardinal infraction. Also the work rules need to be bargained over as well, of their is an employee handbook, that needs to be bargained over too. So far it doesn't sound like an ULP, only contractual violations, possibly with a hint of discrimination if the discipline isn't handed out evenly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast