Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Kroger plans to eliminate ‘Hero Pay’ for grocery workers, UFCW Local Unions respond

So much for that!

DENVER – Kroger-owned grocery stores across the West, including stores in Colorado, will eliminate “Hero Pay” for grocery workers starting May 17.

Kroger-owned grocery store workers have been receiving an extra $2.00 an hour for serving on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, calling the pay, “Hero Pay.”

When hearing that Hero Pay would be eliminated, seven UFCW Local Unions called on the public to support these workers in California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming.

The unions are hoping that Kroger will maintain Hero Pay, improve store practices and provide testing to all employees.

These local unions represent more than 55,000 grocery workers at Kroger stores.
    https://kdvr.com/news/local/kroger-p...nions-respond/

2. Thanks 2631 thanked for this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Kroger plans to eliminate ‘Hero Pay’ for grocery workers, UFCW Local Unions respo

Signed!

Tell Kroger: Don't Cut Hazard Pay for Essential Workers
    This week Kroger announced that it will no longer provide hazard pay (‘Hero Bonus’) to employees starting May 16. The unexpected announcement comes as more states are loosening restrictions and more cases of COVID-19 are being reported in locations across the country.

Kroger workers continue to face extreme conditions on the job. The circumstances have not warranted any reason to discontinue “Hero Pay” at Kroger.

Send a message to the company and let them know it is too soon to discontinue “Hero Pay” for essential workers risking their health on the front lines.
    https://teamsters.salsalabs.org/krog...ion/index.html

4. Thanks 222lifer, 2631 thanked for this post
    Likes 222lifer Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired New Penn

Default Re: Kroger plans to eliminate ‘Hero Pay’ for grocery workers, UFCW Local Unions respo

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Signed!

Tell Kroger: Don't Cut Hazard Pay for Essential Workers

https://teamsters.salsalabs.org/krog...ion/index.html
    I signed it too even though we don't have Kroger's in the area..

6. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I signed it too even though we don't have Kroger's in the area..
    We have Smiths Food and Drug which is Kroger owned.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Signed. Cheap bastards!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

9. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Steward

Local Union
    Employer
    Nature's Best

Default Kroger will give employees bonuses after eliminating extra pay for essential workers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...ssential%3famp

Kroger is ending its $2 an hour pay increase for those working amid the coronavirus pandemic and replacing it with a one-time $400 bonus, the grocery chain announced Friday.

Kroger began offering the extra hourly pay for workers in March as the pandemic led to widespread closures while employees in the food supply chain stayed on the job.

The new bonus system, which Kroger says will cost the company $130 million, gives $400 bonuses to full-time employees and a $200 bonus to part-time employees as they return to their regular pay rate.

The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union (UFCW), which represents thousands of Kroger employees, sent a letter Friday condemning Kroger and more than a hundred other grocery store chains planning on ending bonus pay.

11. Likes fxstc07 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Kroger will give employees bonuses after eliminating extra pay for essential work

Being I have a Smiths Food and Drug in my town and I see how packed that parking lot is everyday, I am not ok with this. It's where I shop, they have already cut corners terribly over the last few years with almost all self check outs now and I got into it big time with the manager over this one. I think they can afford to continue the extra pay until this pandemic ends.