Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Volkswagen, UAW in Talks

Auto Workers Try a New Angle at Volkswagen

Really interesting article. I am hoping for the best for these workers!!!
    The United Auto Workers, so long frustrated in their attempts to organize foreign-owned auto plants in the U.S., may have found a different way in.

When Volkswagen began building its VW Passat in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in 2011, and union organizers began talking with workers, UAW President Bob King also sought help from the metalworkers union in Germany, IG Metall.

IG Metall members on VW’s plant-level and global works councils began pressuring top management. The only big VW assembly plant without a works council was in Tennessee, they noted. VW should set one up there, too. The UAW sent local workers to a meeting of the VW Global Works Council.

But U.S. labor law—what’s left of it from the National Labor Relations Act of 1936—says management may not “dominate” a labor organization nor “contribute financial or other support to it.” Works councils operate with company money.*
    Auto Workers Try a New Angle at Volkswagen

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Here is an interesting article on Hyundai, being unionized in Korea, the wages they pay and why they continue to support their workers.

Hyundai says it won't give up its Korean base.
    "People ask us why we don't just produce overseas, given all the labour troubles at home. But our home market is our root and the base for our growth overseas. And there's a risk in building cars overseas," said a Hyundai executive from the team that manages its labour relations. Despite the high legacy costs, Hyundai says it has more to gain than lose in keeping its domestic factories open.

"Our Korean plants will continue to serve as a global manufacturing base, and we plan to increase not just production but also productivity and quality at our domestic plants," the company said in an emailed statement to Reuters.
    Hyundai, union stuck in a marriage of inconvenience - Yahoo Finance

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

No one has ever had a problem with working hard. They just want to be fairly compensated for it. Pay a livable wage and the economy booms. Line the pockets of the 1%...The economy suffers. Case in point? Take a look at our economy. Load that Kwasimoto up with scab chocolates bean.

bean

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    No one has ever had a problem with working hard. They just want to be fairly compensated for it. Pay a livable wage and the economy booms. Line the pockets of the 1%...The economy suffers. Case in point? Take a look at our economy. Load that Kwasimoto up with scab chocolates bean.
    There in lies the problem. Patriots like like your self demonizing other peoples choices. If you choose American made Skittles but yet they are not made by union people then you too are loading up the high priced used Ram with scab candy. Nothing worse then a hypocritical christian teamster.

But look it's always possible workers at Volkswagen will exercise their work place rights guaranteed by the NLRB and vote the UAW in if the German generals running the place let them. But I doubt it. There is something about southern folks. They instinctively don't like unions. They are happy just to be alive and working. Management telling them they are a valued employee, they are part of a team etc. They feel good about that. But then we all want more.

The Germans were always among the smartest people in the world. It Hitler listened to his generals there would only be Volkswagens sold to working people. The generals running this country would drive the BMW's and Mercedes.

No doubt the new UAW president is a lot like Hoffa who knows labor costs must be competitive. The UAW is not known for top quality work or realistic work rules or pay in da past. The UAW did big big damage in Detroit. They ruined it for themselves and any hope of organizing the southern auto makers

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    There in lies the problem. Patriots like like your self demonizing other peoples choices. If you choose American made Skittles but yet they are not made by union people then you too are loading up the high priced used Ram with scab candy. Nothing worse then a hypocritical christian teamster.

But look it's always possible workers at Volkswagen will exercise their work place rights guaranteed by the NLRB and vote the UAW in if the German generals running the place let them. But I doubt it. There is something about southern folks. They instinctively don't like unions. They are happy just to be alive and working. Management telling them they are a valued employee, they are part of a team etc. They feel good about that. But then we all want more.

The Germans were always among the smartest people in the world. It Hitler listened to his generals there would only be Volkswagens sold to working people. The generals running this country would drive the BMW's and Mercedes.

No doubt the new UAW president is a lot like Hoffa who knows labor costs must be competitive. The UAW is not known for top quality work or realistic work rules or pay in da past. The UAW did big big damage in Detroit. They ruined it for themselves and any hope of organizing the southern auto makers
    As the facts hit you in the face you spin away and won't address them. Typical.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The facts are that foreign auto manufacturers have unionized plants in most parts of the world.
    VW would show their own home workers that they are hypocritical for not allowing the new American plant to at least vote.
    Hyundai states in the article above, that even though it costs more to produce in Korea, it's about their own people ... first !
    Profits, above all else will only cause the ultimate demise of some.
    To sacrifice some near-term profitability to actually provide comfortable and upwardly mobile jobs will reward a company for the long term.
    We will spent what we make and boost ( or reward ) that company with more business.
    All out 1% capitalism will bring about the downfall of a great country, by greed and selfish desire.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Does it irk you that I drive a truck that has more power, more torque and I paid ten thousand less than you? I am sorry about that. Perhaps you should learn a little instead of running your mouth thinking you know it all. It was made entirely by American workers. No south of the border fingers were involved.

I do not eat skittles. I do not eat Jolly Ranchers either. I vowed to only purchase chocolates made by American workers in Hershey Pennsylvania. I took the time to research it and I do not support their foreign ventures. Those were good paying American jobs they sent south of the border for the almighty dollar.

I am not a hypocrite bean. I follow simple principles. I do my best to support our local merchants. I shop them first and if they don't have or can't order what I need I will turn to a big box store. You see bean, Joe, the man that owns the local hardware store?....He sponsors the 12 and under girls softball team around here. He is a neighbor. He is a friend. He supports his community. He is the epitome of the American dream. The corporations are not. They steal the American dream daily.

You continue to blow smoke about the UAW work rules. You know nothing of them other than what you heard or saw on your beloved FOX stations. Lies bean. You continue to perpetuate the lies. What does that make you? A proud Union man? I think not. We have another word for your ilk.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 11-11-2013 at 07:03 PM.

8. Likes fxstc07, Walleye Liked this post
    bean

Does it irk you that I drive a truck that has more power, more torque and I paid ten thousand less than you? I am sorry about that. Perhaps you should learn a little instead of running your mouth thinking you know it all. It was made entirely by American workers. No south of the border fingers were involved.

I do not eat skittles. I do not eat Jolly Ranchers either. I vowed to only purchase chocolates made by American workers in Hershey Pennsylvania. I took the time to research it and I do not support their foreign ventures. Those were good paying American jobs they sent south of the border for the almighty dollar.

I am not a hypocrite bean. I follow simple principles. I do my best to support our local merchants. I shop them first and if they don't have or can't order what I need I will turn to a big box store. You see bean, Joe, the man that owns the local hardware store?....He sponsors the 12 and under girls softball team around here. He is a neighbor. He is a friend. He supports his community. He is the epitome of the American dream. The corporations are not. They steal the American dream daily.

You continue to blow smoke about the UAW work rules. You know nothing of them other than what you heard or saw on your beloved FOX stations. Lies bean. You continue to perpetuate the lies. What does that make you? A proud Union man? I think not. We have another word for your ilk.
    You getting a little trashy when you're beat? I mean the rhetoric is getting a little ridiculous. You're starting to lose credibility. If I lie TDU lies. That's where I get it not Fox. The UAW has been failing bad the past decade. if they don't snag an foreign auto maker soon they are history but then we have our plate full with the YRC teamsters

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

You getting a little trashy when you're beat? I mean the rhetoric is getting a little ridiculous. You're starting to lose credibility. If I lie TDU lies. That's where I get it not Fox. The UAW has been failing bad the past decade. if they don't snag an foreign auto maker soon they are history but then we have our plate full with the YRC teamsters
    Trashy? Losing credibility? Beat? Hardly and not by the likes of you. I stated facts in that last post. Facts that you can't refute.
    Last edited by 222lifer; 11-12-2013 at 12:53 AM.

bean

Trashy? Losing credibility? Beat? Hardly and not by the likes of you. I stated facts in that last post. Facts that you can't refute.
    You seem to be unable to post anything without an insult or a fact. You seem to be unable to connect pieces of related and seemingly unrelated information and fact that leads you to believe it is off topic.

But that's okay you're not a serious contender. I understand. Not one is perfect

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast