Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Boeing News From Around The Country

I really don't mind flying, but I can add a few opinions. One, I don't care for the jumbo's with their cramped leg room.
    I don't care for the puddle jumpers either.
    I place my trust in a professional staff in all departments within any particular company.
    The pilot of the last flight was standing at the door when I exited, looked squarely at my Teamster hat and said loudly, "that a great union, we need them" !
    My last trip we didn't fly any 737's.
    I spoke to a pilot, retired, that loved 737's and said they were easy to fly. That was before the 737MAX fiasco.
    Now more news about the 737, one of the most used aircraft in the industry.

US probes large crack in Boeing 737 jet
    The US aviation regulator says it has launched an investigation after a 12-inch (30.5cm) crack ruptured the skin of a Boeing 737 aircraft operated by Southwest Airlines, causing the plane to gradually lose cabin pressure.
    The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) stepped in on Friday after a plane gradually lost cabin pressure during a flight from Las Vegas to Boise, Idaho.
    Flight records revealed that the pilots began a rapid, six-minute descent from 39,000 feet (990 meters) to 22,000 feet. No injuries were reported from the incident, on Monday, and the cabin pressure was safe at the lower altitude, the agency said.
    The FAA said an inspection discovered the crack in the skin of the plane's crown but that it was too early to say whether the frequency of inspections should be increased.
    Airlines are required to inspect the skin of a plane's crown behind the cockpit every 1,500 flights.
    https://www.dw.com/en/us-probes-larg...jet/a-52771903

2. Likes 2631 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    I really don't mind flying, but I can add a few opinions. One, I don't care for the jumbo's with their cramped leg room.
    I don't care for the puddle jumpers either.
    I place my trust in a professional staff in all departments within any particular company.
    The pilot of the last flight was standing at the door when I exited, looked squarely at my Teamster hat and said loudly, "that a great union, we need them" !
    My last trip we didn't fly any 737's.
    I spoke to a pilot, retired, that loved 737's and said they were easy to fly. That was before the 737MAX fiasco.
    Now more news about the 737, one of the most used aircraft in the industry.

US probes large crack in Boeing 737 jet

https://www.dw.com/en/us-probes-larg...jet/a-52771903
    I have always enjoyed my flights on the 737's. "Comfort class" seating is worth a few extra bucks IMO.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

Nikki Haley resigns from Boeing's board over bailout pursuit

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-resign-138086

Nikki Haley has resigned from Boeing's board of directors over the company's pursuit of federal assistance in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the company disclosed Thursday.
    Well she is getting good at jumping sinking ships.

5. Likes 222lifer, fxstc07, ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Boeing has decided to close the Washington state assembly line.

Boeing shuts down assembly lines in response to pandemic
    Boeing [NYSE: BA] said Monday it is shutting down production for two weeks at its aircraft manufacturing plants in northwest Washington to protect the health of employees and their families as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread in the U.S.

Assembly lines will gradually reduce work levels through Wednesday and then close for 14 days, during which time the company will conduct deep cleaning and establish rigorous criteria for return to work.

2020 was already shaping up as a difficult year for Boeing, which stopped production of the troubled 737 MAX production line in January while waiting for safety regulators to approve its return to service following two deadly crashes in 2018 and 2019. Boeing has designed software fixes for the anti-stall system blamed for contributing to the accidents by pitching the nose sharply downward and is correcting other safety issues found in subsequent audits. Company officials had indicated they expected to get the green light to proceed by early summer.
    https://www.freightwaves.com/news/bo...se-to-pandemic

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

I believe this will send shock waves though South Carolina.

Boeing Moves To Completely Shut Down Airliner Production
    Boeing is closing its 787 factory in South Carolina until further notice after the end of the second shift Wednesday, the company said Monday, bringing a complete halt to assembly of commercial aircraft as it struggles with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
    The move follows the announcement Sunday night that the Chicago-based company is extending indefinitely a two-week shutdown of its factories in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, which account for the bulk of its commercial airplane production, that had been due to end Wednesday.
    Six workers at Boeing’s factory in North Charleston, S.C., have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus strain that has spread worldwide, and 135 workers company-wide, the spokesman said.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeremyb.../#3f6c07eb3c09

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

The trial that has accused Boeing of firing workers who supported the union is moving forward. The NLRB has consolidated multiple cases together.

Claims that Boeing SC unlawfully fired workers over union support move closer to trial
    Boeing Co. has been hit by a complaint from a federal agency claiming the planemaker unlawfully fired and disciplined employees at its North Charleston campus because they supported joining a union.
    The National Labor Relations Board filed the complaint on Thursday, about eight months after a regional director for the panel ruled that the claims had merit.
    The document consolidates more than a dozen cases based on charges brought against Boeing by the International Association of Machinists, a union that has tried to represent flight-line workers at the South Carolina plant, where the company makes the 787 Dreamliner.
    Those claims include allegations that Boeing fired five employees because they supported joining a union and disciplined union supporters more harshly than other workers.
    The complaint also describes verbal warnings managers allegedly gave to employees who favored union representation, including one that a manager threatened to replace workers with contractors if they voted in favor of a union bid.
    Boeing has refuted all of the charges, which the IAM originally filed in 2018.
    https://www.postandcourier.com/busin...08e51a718.html

9. Thanks 2631 thanked for this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Not very impressive but at the same time, people have to be protected.

Boeing to restart limited local work on jets
    SEATTLE (AP) — Boeing told employees Friday afternoon that “a safe and orderly restart of limited operations” will begin at a few Washington state sites as early as Monday.

Out of about 30,000 employees idled by the shutdown, Boeing will recall just about 2,500 employees for this work, The Seattle Times reported. The company said it will provide the workers with personal protective equipment and enforce social distancing measures.

The news comes only five days after Boeing announced that its shutdown in the local plants to contain the spread of COVID-19 would be extended indefinitely.
    https://www.thehour.com/news/article...s-15194092.php

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Boeing plans to restart work in their Philadelphia area plants.

Boeing to restart operations at Philadelphia area plants next week
    Boeing Co. said on Friday it would resume operations at production facilities in Philadelphia next week after a two week suspension due to the spread of the coronavirus.
    The company said operations at its Philadelphia plants, which manufacture military rotorcraft including the H-47 Chinook, V-22 Osprey and MH-139A Grey Wolf, would restart on Monday with enhanced safety measures.
    Boeing said on Thursday it would resume the production of commercial jets next week in Washington state.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boein...195410475.html

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

I swear these situations almost seem the workers are lab rats. Very scary.

Boeing workers’ return after coronavirus closure is a test case for industrial recovery

SEATTLE — When Boeing workers returned en masse Tuesday to the airplane factories in the Puget Sound region after a four-week shutdown, they found a changed workplace, cleaner and with a series of safety protocols in place to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Even as Boeing faces a drastic collapse in its business due to the near disappearance of air travel, management instructed about 27,000 factory employees to return to work this week. Yet with the coronavirus still threatening lives nationwide, the first to return came back with varying levels of unease.

“Our members have some tough decisions to make personally on whether they can remain in the workplace or not,” said Jon Holden, district 751 president of the International Association of Machinists (IAM).

In interviews Wednesday, some employees said Boeing had significantly stepped up its protections for the workforce. A mechanic on the 767 program in Everett, who had been very unhappy at the lax safety protocols in Everett before last month’s shutdown, said Wednesday that “Boeing has definitely put in an effort to make things better.”
    https://azdailysun.com/business/nati...309171642.html

13. Thanks 2631 thanked for this post

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213