Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Ahead of contract talks, GE Appliances takes aim at union worker wages, health benefi

Here is another article that just sends me right over the edge! Sorry men but I am not feeling like much of a lady today. My Irish hackles are up this morning! I am sick and tired of American workers being treated this way. And now this company is owned by the Chinese! Probably a good thing I have to work today and will be away from the computer!
    Meanwhile, the cost of company-provided healthcare for rank-and-file workers is growing too fast and “legacy work practices” regarding overtime and seniority are detracting from the plant’s efficiency, according to the company.

The statements come on the eve of negotiations for a new labor contract with the IUE-CWA Local 83761, which represents production workers at Appliance Park.

“We need to negotiate a contract that we can afford,” Eric Leef, the chief negotiator for GE Appliances, said in an employee newsletter circulated this week. “I see this contract negotiation as a pivotal point for Appliance Park’s future.”
    Last year, General Electric Co. reached a four-year contract with unions representing workers at plants around the country, including Appliance Park.

But China's Qingdao Haier Co., which bought GE Appliances for $5.6 billion in June, now gets to establish its own contract covering pay, benefits, work practices and other matters at Appliance Park.
    Ahead of contract talks, GE Appliances takes aim at union worker - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Ahead of contract talks, GE Appliances takes aim at union worker wages, health be

My thoughts? Don't give an inch.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

3. Likes ABFwife Liked this post