Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Tesla Fires Hundreds of Workers After Their Annual Performance Review

Tesla Workers Say Elon Musk is a Union Buster. The NLRB Just Gave Their Case a Boost.

Tesla factory workers have been trying for months to win restitution for the company’s alleged union-busting and harassment. Now, a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) complaint against the company appears to be making strides.

Last August, the NLRB filed a complaint against Tesla after finding merit in a number of accusations from employees at its Fremont, California factory. Some Tesla factory workers say the company engaged in various forms of union-busting, through harassment and surveillance. They also claim that Tesla required them to sign a confidentiality agreement which prohibited them from discussing the details of their working conditions.

On March 30, the NLRB amended the complaint to add new allegations from workers which the board found to have merit. In the new claims, Tesla workers say the company investigated them after they posted information on a pro-union Facebook page.
    Tesla Workers Say Elon Musk is a Union Buster. The NLRB Just Gave Their Case a Boost.

2. Likes fxstc07, 222lifer Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Tesla Fires Hundreds of Workers After Their Annual Performance Review

Tesla factory workers stiffed on overtime, denied breaks: lawsuit

Tesla and a contracting company failed to pay contract workers fully for overtime and denied them legally mandated meal and rest breaks, a contract employee at Tesla’s Fremont auto-assembly plant said in a lawsuit that also claims she was fired for complaining about employee-payment practices.

Dorley Nezbeth-Altimore, who said in a court filing that she worked at the plant for just over two months in 2016 and 2017, is seeking class-action status for the lawsuit, which targets Tesla and the contractor.

Tesla said it “goes above and beyond the requirements of California and federal law in providing workers meal and rest breaks and appropriate overtime pay,” according to automotive-news website Jalopnik, which spotted the lawsuit.

“This is a dispute between a temporary worker and her employer staffing agency, which is responsible for payment of her wages,” Tesla said in a statement, according to Jalopnik.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/...reaks-lawsuit/

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Here is the federal labor complaint the United Auto Workers just filed against Tesla

The United Auto Workers say Tesla CEO Elon Musk allegedly broke national labor laws by tweeting.

A complaint dated Wednesday and filed with the National Labor Relations Board says Musk violated the National Labor Relations Act when he sent out a tweet the union alleges threatened to take away stock options from any employees attempting to unionize.
    "Elon's tweet was simply a recognition of the fact that unlike Tesla, we're not aware of a single UAW-represented automaker that provides stock options or restricted stock units to their production employees, and UAW organizers have consistently dismissed the value of Tesla equity as part of our compensation package," Tesla said in a statement. "We fundamentally believe it's critical that all employees be owners of Tesla so that everyone is on the same team, with all sharing in the company's success."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/the-...nst-tesla.html

5. Likes crazy, 222lifer Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Worker testifies that Tesla stopped him from organizing union

OAKLAND, Calif (Reuters) - A Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) employee organizing a union was asked by a supervisor and company security guards to leave the factory after handing out pro-union flyers, the worker said at a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) hearing on Monday over whether Tesla had violated federal safeguards for employee activity.

The NLRB general counsel brought the case before a board administrative law judge after receiving complaints from three Tesla workers and the United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).

If Tesla loses, the company could be required to notify its employees that it was found to be committing unfair labor practices, a victory for union organizers.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/busin...BN1J803Z-OCABS

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

7. Likes fxstc07, fedexnuno, ABFwife Liked this post
    Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Worker testifies that Tesla stopped him from organizing union

OAKLAND, Calif (Reuters) - A Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) employee organizing a union was asked by a supervisor and company security guards to leave the factory after handing out pro-union flyers, the worker said at a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) hearing on Monday over whether Tesla had violated federal safeguards for employee activity.

The NLRB general counsel brought the case before a board administrative law judge after receiving complaints from three Tesla workers and the United Automobile, Aerospace, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).

If Tesla loses, the company could be required to notify its employees that it was found to be committing unfair labor practices, a victory for union organizers.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/busin...BN1J803Z-OCABS
    With the current NLRB members, I wouldn't want to wager a favorable outcome for the union on this matter.
    Just my opinion.

9. Likes RedRollingRoadblock Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06...its-workforce/

Tesla is cutting nine percent of its workforce, CEO Elon Musk announced today in a memo to staff.

"We are a small company in one of the toughest and most competitive industries on Earth," Musk wrote. He argued that cost cutting was necessary to turn Tesla into a sustainably profitable company.

The layoffs are "almost entirely" in salaried positions and won't impact Tesla's efforts to increase Model 3 production, Musk said.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Tesla workers say they pay the price for Elon Musk's big promises

It was “a master class in emotional intelligence”, raved the*business magazine*Inc, and “a powerful lesson in authentic, heartfelt leadership”.

Elon Musk, the chief executive of Tesla, had emailed his entire staff following the May 2017 publications of separate investigations by the*Guardian*and a*workplace safety organization*showing high injury rates at the company’s northern California electric car factory.

"No words can express how much I care about your safety and wellbeing,” Musk*wrote. “Going forward, I’ve asked that every injury be reported directly to me, without exception. I’m meeting with the safety team every week and would like to meet every injured person as soon as they are well, so that I can understand from them exactly what we need to do to make it better. I will then go down to the production line and perform the same task that they perform.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ailed-promises

12. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired; OHFL

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ailed-promises

“No words can express how much I care about your safety and wellbeing,” Musk wrote. “Going forward, I’ve asked that every injury be reported directly to me, without exception. I’m meeting with the safety team every week and would like to meet every injured person as soon as they are well, so that I can understand from them exactly what we need to do to make it better. I will then go down to the production line and perform the same task that they perform.”

Musk, an accountability Houdini, had turned the fact that some of his employees were dealing with life-changing injuries into glowing press about his leadership. If only his promises were true.

“That’s PR; that’s bologna,” said another current Tesla employee, who said Musk had never met with him about the three pinched nerves in his arm.

“He didn’t meet with me, and my incident was filed,” said a third Tesla employee, who was injured in October. “If he was truly going to meet with all the employees who got injured, he would be here for half the year.”

Of the workers who spoke to the Guardian for this article, six had been injured at work. None of them ever heard directly from Musk or had him perform their task on the assembly line.

To one worker, an immigrant who started at Tesla in 2017, the contrast between what Musk promises and what he does is indicative of a lack of “principles”.

But, he added, “I’m always really surprised how he keeps giving numbers that we have never been able to respect. He would say we would produce such and such cars by such date, and we are never able to hit it. For me, a responsible person should stick to his word.

“As a Tesla employee, I am really ashamed when my CEO is lying to the public.”

‘The main export is injuries, not cars’...At Tesla, the time it took to say the word ‘process’ was too long.”

Ortiz, an outspoken supporter of a unionization drive at the factory, argued that even if Musk had performed every injured worker’s job, it’s unlikely the experience would have helped the CEO truly understand the challenges and dangers of the work.

“Anyone can do anything for an hour,” Ortiz said. “You have to do it like we do it, 12 hours a day, six days a week … Live the life we live. That’s where the wear and tear comes from.”

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Tesla’s sacked workers must keep mum or lose severance?

Tesla, after sacking 9 percent of its workforce, wants to make sure those former employees aren’t saying anything bad about the company’s safety practices, and has tied their severance payments to silence about any ongoing safety issues, a new report suggests.

The Palo Alto electric car maker’s CEO Elon Musk last week said the firm was*cutting nearly one in 10 workers*— about 3,800 employees — to slash costs and become profitable. The move came as Musk fought back against allegations in Reveal magazine that Tesla failed to include some serious injuries in legally mandated reports, “making the company’s injury numbers look better than they actually are,”*according to Reveal. Tesla has*denied the allegations.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/...ose-severance/

Last edited by 222lifer; 06-20-2018 at 03:26 PM.

15. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Tesla Labor Battle Over “Fair and Responsible Workplace” Could Affect Taxpayer

In California, if you want to take advantage of thousands of dollars of rebates when you purchase an electric vehicle, your automaker must adhere to the state’s labor practices. A Tesla labor battle is now underway with two California agencies, as they want the all-electric automaker’s Fremont factory to be certified as a “fair and responsible workplace.” That designation is part of language that allows customers to be eligible for taxpayer-backed state electric vehicle rebates. Tesla isn’t happy and has filed a 16-page response fighting the rule.
    Tesla, which is the only large-scale car manufacturer in California, insists that doing business in California is already rife with obstacles, and Tesla’s labor battle against organizations that want to unionize its Fremont plant complicates an already difficult production climate. It argues that the “state is targeting” the automaker and that other car manufacturers avoid operating in California because they view it “as a competitive disadvantage.”

“The goals of a clean environment and a thriving middle class are inseparable for the labor movement and we are committed to achieving both,” Angie Wei, a lobbyist for the Labor Federation, said in a letter supporting the rule. The rule could take effect as early as next month, opening Tesla to additional scrutiny from the LWDA and CARB.
    https://cleantechnica.com/2018/07/01...payer-rebates/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast