Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Thanks Thanks:  0
LOL LOL:  0
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default UAW Just Agreed to Let Ford Use Technology to Monitor Assembly Workers

Wow. When is this technology going to stop!

Somehow it was left out of the contract highlights the United Auto Workers prepared for members: the tentative new agreement with Ford will allow the company to use new technologies to take time-and-motion studies to a whole new level.

The new language falls under the heading of “production standards” and states that the union and company will choose “pilot locations” to use new technology tools such as “digital video recording and walk path mapping devices” as well as “motion tracking systems and additional productivity implementing tools.”

On Facebook, workers discussed all the ways that management could use technology to target and harass workers and find new ways to eliminate jobs. “If we allow this kind of technology in now, there’s no telling how bad it could get by next contract... just like the tiers!” wrote one worker.

“I’m just shocked,” said Scott Houldieson, a body shop electrician at Ford’s Chicago Assembly plant. “If this is implemented, it will be like having a digital industrial engineer following your every move, trying to find new ways to speed up the pace of work and increase productivity.”
    https://labornotes.org/blogs/2019/11...sembly-workers

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: UAW Just Agreed to Let Ford Use Technology to Monitor Assembly Workers

The language "A fair days work for a fair days pay" should be included in their contract. Humans aren't robots although the suits want to treat us as such.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

3. Likes ABFwife Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: UAW Just Agreed to Let Ford Use Technology to Monitor Assembly Workers

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    The language "A fair days work for a fair days pay" should be included in their contract. Humans aren't robots although the suits want to treat us as such.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
    That was my thought as I read this!!!