Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    6,354
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Reporting from Washington —
    With the gulf oil spill creating political opportunity, Senate Democrats will begin crafting a sweeping energy bill this week that could include a first-ever, though more modest, cap on global-warming pollution, believing they must act now despite differences within their ranks and political jitters in an election year.

    Instead of regulating all sources of greenhouse gas emissions as originally proposed, lawmakers are considering placing a carbon cap initially only on utility companies. That idea was once dismissed by environmentalists as too incremental, but now is seen by some as better than no cap at all.

    Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill - latimes.com

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    6,354
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    cap on global-warming pollution,
    Which is a Cap On Economic Activity

    A broad carbon-pricing system would essentially require power plants, manufacturers and transportation industries to limit the pollution that scientists say is causing climate change and would tax entities that exceed their caps.
    Now how do you limit Pollution with out cutting production?



    carbon cap initially only on utility companies.
    A direct Tax on Americans

    We are still going to Pollute but we found a way and accuse to take money from you


    A Vote for a Democrat is a Vote against America. Sorry I can't see it ant other way.

  3. #3
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    17,528
    Rep Power
    1049

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    A Vote for a Democrat is a Vote against America. Sorry I can't see it ant other way.
    That's because you have been blinded by right wing BS brother. Take a deep breath, step back, and take a look at the big picture. There is evil in all political parties.....But mostly the right.

  4. #4
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    10,929
    Rep Power
    850

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    cap on global-warming pollution,
    Which is a Cap On Economic Activity

    A broad carbon-pricing system would essentially require power plants, manufacturers and transportation industries to limit the pollution that scientists say is causing climate change and would tax entities that exceed their caps.
    Now how do you limit Pollution with out cutting production?



    carbon cap initially only on utility companies.
    A direct Tax on Americans

    We are still going to Pollute but we found a way and accuse to take money from you


    A Vote for a Democrat is a Vote against America. Sorry I can't see it ant other way.
    This could all be remedied by forcing nations who compete with us to treat the world the same way.....or else no u.s. dollar or trade.....or is it finally at the point where the bankers, Muslimoil barrons, and communist chinese wanted us...broke and worthless.

  5. #5
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    6,354
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    This could all be remedied by forcing nations who compete with us to treat the world the same way.....or else no u.s. dollar or trade.....or is it finally at the point where the bankers, Muslimoil barrons, and communist chinese wanted us...broke and worthless.
    Oh thats funny. Forcing them to. Obama has convinced no one to date. Like the Chinese would listen. They are already building Mega Ships to haul Cheap Coal.

  6. #6
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    NPME/YRC
    Posts
    10,929
    Rep Power
    850

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Oh thats funny. Forcing them to. Obama has convinced no one to date. Like the Chinese would listen. They are already building Mega Ships to haul Cheap Coal.
    No do our way. No ship our way. Kapish?

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    6,354
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    That's because you have been blinded by right wing BS brother. Take a deep breath, step back, and take a look at the big picture. There is evil in all political parties.....But mostly the right.
    I think it is you who is blinded. Gov is Evil

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    No do our way. No ship our way. Kapish?
    When it comes to things like Energy it takes time to change your policy. Obama is putting us in a very uncompetitive place that will take a Decades to get out of.


    Australia signs huge China coal deal
    An Australian firm has signed a $60bn (AUS$69bn; £38bn) deal to supply coal to Chinese power stations.

    Clive Palmer, chairman of the company, Resourcehouse, said it was Australia's "biggest ever export contract".
    Under the deal, the firm will build a new mining complex to give China Power International Development (CPI) 30m tonnes of coal a year for 20 years.

    _________________________________________


    Current estimates of the rate at which new coal plants are being built range widely. According to Greg Boyce, CEO of Peabody Energy, China is building 2 gigawatts (2,000 megawatts) of new power plants, mostly coal fired, per week
    China and coal - SourceWatch

  8. #8
    Scab Hating Union Thug

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Local Union
    222
    Employer
    YRC
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    17,528
    Rep Power
    1049

    Default Re: Senate Democrats poised to start energy bill

    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    This could all be remedied by forcing nations who compete with us to treat the world the same way.....or else no u.s. dollar or trade.....or is it finally at the point where the bankers, Muslimoil barrons, and communist chinese wanted us...broke and worthless.
    That's about the size of it. Have it their way and we will be working 16 hour days for pennies. Our grand children will need respirators to breath the toxic air. Does anyone remember the air quality in Beijing during the Olympics? Give me some of that! Screw the environment as long as we profit!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101