Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Fred Meyer

Default The rush to credit Bush

As he announced the death of infamous terrorist Osama bin Laden on Sunday night, President Barack Obama struck an extraordinary contrast with his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama Succeeded Where Bush Failed: Osama Bin Laden Rhetoric And Reality

Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Fred Meyer

Default Re: The rush to credit Bush

The subtle but unmistakable jockeying provided a revealing glimpse into how official Washington thinks: Even in a rare moment of national unity, the political stakes provide a temptation – and even an imperative – for the parties to jostle for maximum advantage.

Read more: The next front: Claiming credit for Osama bin Laden's death - Kasie Hunt and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Quotes of the Day: Did ‘Torture’ Contribute to the Finding of Osama Bin Laden? Above the Law: A Legal Tabloid - News and Colorful Commentary on Law Firms and the Legal Profession

Imagine what would have happened if the Obama administration had been running things immediately following 9/11. After their “arrest,” we would have read [Khalid Sheikh Mohammed] and [Abu Faraj al-Libi] their Miranda rights, provided them legal counsel, sent them to the U.S. for detention, and granted them all the rights provided a U.S. citizen in criminal proceedings.
    If this had happened, the CIA could not have built the intelligence mosaic that pinpointed bin Laden’s location. Without the intelligence produced by Bush policies, the SEAL helicopters would be idling their engines at their Afghanistan base even now. In the war on terror, it is easy to pull the trigger — it is hard to figure out where to aim.
    [Harsh interrogation] didn’t provide useful, meaningful, trustworthy information…. Everyone was deeply concerned and most felt it was un-American and did not work.

How long until Obama gives the Bush waterboarding policy the credit it deserves?! Obama insisted this was torture and un-American! ...

Imitated never duplicated

Local Union
    Employer
    CF/Roadway/YRC :]

Bin Laden killing won’t settle debate over enhanced interrogations - Yahoo! News

The killing of Osama bin Laden has reignited a heated political debate over the value of "enhanced interrogation techniques"--what many call torture--in the fight against terrorism.
    The harsh techniques were authorized under the Bush administration and championed over the last decade by several Bush officials as crucial tools in the effort to thwart terror plots and ultimately defeat Islamic extremism. But most human-rights lawyers call them illegal, and although President Obama has adopted some aspects of his predecessors policies on the war on terror, he has denounced the use of such techniques as ineffective and "a recruitment tool for terrorists."

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Sorry my brother was MI U.S. Army (Military Intelligence) Interpreter/ interrogator and they were told that torture doesn't get real information, the prisoner will just tell you what you want to hear, he'll tell you anything. Plus you people don't want to give Obama anything do you, and it's been how many years since 9/11, this is the best thing he has done yet and he didn't tell the Pakistani, smart move and lets not forget 9/11 happen on Bushes watch!

Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Fred Meyer

Ok, credit where credit is due. Bush and his bunch tortured. Which just happens to be a war crime. We executed Japanese military people after WW2 for waterboarding. I recommend no foreign travel for that bunch. I also give Bush credit for ignoring the warnings that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur in the first place. Before that I used to have a lot more rights. The cons are flipping out because their "strong on national security " mantle has been taken away from them. They had no idea how to react to a successful operation and they are grasping at straws trying to diminish another success by the guy they've gone out of their way to make fail. Any way you spin it the right can't come out on top.
    Last edited by pdxjim; 05-06-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: stupid spell check on my phone

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjim View Post
    Ok, credit where credit is due. Bush and his bunch tortured. Which just happens to be a war crime. We executed Japanese military people after WW2 for waterboarding. I recommend no foreign travel for that bunch. I also give Bush credit for ignoring the warnings that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur in the first place. Before that I used to have a lot more rights. The cons are flipping out because their "strong on national security " mantle has been taken away from them. They had no idea how to react to a successful operation and they are grasping at straws trying to diminish another success by the guy they've gone out of their way to make fail. Any way you spin it the right can't come out on top.
    We executed Japanese military people after WW2 for waterboarding
    It's also used on our own troops as a simple training exercise and when it's over there is no harm done. Some torture what else do Liberals use Feathers?

I also give Bush credit for ignoring the warnings that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur in the first place.
    What was he in office for 10min. It was a planned while Clinton was in office.

Before that I used to have a lot more rights
    And Obama has expanded on that

they are grasping at straws trying to diminish another success by the guy they've gone out of their way to make fail.
    You mean they way the Left tried to destroy Buch right in the middle of war in front of the whole world? Then kept all the same policies when they took power. I wonder how many America Soldiers were killed from Liberals enticing the Enemy?

Treason , sedition mean disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government. Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government or impair the well-being of a state to which one owes allegiance; the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Having Fun Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Fred Meyer

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    We executed Japanese military people after WW2 for waterboarding
    It's also used on our own troops as a simple training exercise and when it's over there is no harm done. Some torture what else do Liberals use Feathers?

So, because others use torture that makes it ok? Ask John McCain how much fun it is. Think that might be why he's against it? Also it's been demonstrated that torture yields false information. Go get waterboarded and tell how us you liked it, bet you come back and say , "yeah, it's torture". As far as what type of torture a liberal would use, I think being forced to listen to Limbaugh and Beck would do the trick. I'd tell you what I knew to get it to stop. In other words I'd used standard techniques that have been demonstrated to work.

I also give Bush credit for ignoring the warnings that allowed the 9/11 attacks to occur in the first place.
    What was he in office for 10min. It was a planned while Clinton was in office.

He was in office for 8 months and had other priorities, tax cuts for the rich,etc.
    Clinton Aides Plan to Tell Panel Of Warning Bush Team on Qaeda - New York Times
    Clinton warned Bush of bin Laden threat
    Did Clinton Do Enough? - TIME
    Before that I used to have a lot more rights
    And Obama has expanded on that

Nope just extended it. But I'm none too happy about that either.
    Obama signs temporary extension of Patriot Act

they are grasping at straws trying to diminish another success by the guy they've gone out of their way to make fail.
    You mean they way the Left tried to destroy Buch right in the middle of war in front of the whole world? Then kept all the same policies when they took power. I wonder how many America Soldiers were killed from Liberals enticing the Enemy?

Yeah them libs went all out trying to destroy Bush, voting for every emergency war supplemental bill Bush wanted. They were horrible, they even tried to get the troops more body armor, up-armored Humvees, Mraps, and good food and water (which Halliburton kinda messed up on) and disloyal stuff like that. They tried ensure they'd get good care if they were wounded, it's a wonder we weren't overrun by the Arab hoards because the libs dropped the ball. Just because the libs spoke out against going into Iraq doesn't mean the were trying to "destroy" Bush. It means they were right, it was not the right thing to do. Was Bin Ladin in Iraq? No, that was just on W's things to do list and the 9/11attacks gave him an excuse. As far as how many troops were killed, you can lay 4,000 KIA in Iraq at W's feet. Bush didn't need any help from the left, he messed the whole deal up all by himself.

Treason , sedition mean disloyalty or treachery to one's country or its government. Treason is any attempt to overthrow the government or impair the well-being of a state to which one owes allegiance; the crime of giving aid or comfort to the enemies of one's government.
    Where you going with the treason thing? Who gave aid and comfort to the enemy? I don't what kind of fantasyland you live in, but bring proof, that's not a light charge to bring against anyone. You think letting Bin Ladin escape from Tora Bora might reach your standard? What about invading a country to steal it's oil, I mean rid it of a horrible dictator?

And how long did Bush have capture of kill Bin Ladin? Just about 8 years. Obama does it in 2 and that's not good enough for you? If Bush would have done it we'd never hear the end of it. You cons accuse Obama of spiking the ball, he's been quiet and digified about it. The right is just pissed Obama could be effective despite their best efforts, good thing the right didn't shut down the gov't, who knows if Bin Ladin would have been caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)