Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    4,772
    Rep Power
    210

    Thumbs up Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"
    Great Video from the next President on the United States


    "If we don’t understand this, this default will not be because we don't send out the checks. We will send out the checks. It will be defaulted on because people will get their money back, or they will get their Social Security checks and it won't buy anything."

    Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable" | RealClearPolitics




    .

  2. #2
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Local Union
    89
    Employer
    Allied
    Posts
    4,772
    Rep Power
    210

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    There it is, Now this guy makes scents.

  3. #3
    Obscurity has no heroes.

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Local Union
    173
    Employer
    Tropicana (PepsiCo)
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,444
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    There it is, Now this guy makes scents.
    Didn't know he made perfumes as a hobby...

    I think you mean "sense".

    And much of Rep. Paul's ideas might make sense in a simpler economy, but if implemented as he desires, the cure would likely also "kill the patient" - hardly a desirable outcome.

  4. #4
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,597
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Repeal Obama-Care would be a starting point. That alone would improve the economy and put tax paying people back to work


  5. #5
    Super Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Local Union
    641
    Employer
    new penn
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    9,482
    Rep Power
    716

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    Repeal Obama-Care would be a starting point. That alone would improve the economy and put tax paying people back to work

    And how would that be..

  6. #6
    Obscurity has no heroes.

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Local Union
    173
    Employer
    Tropicana (PepsiCo)
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,444
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    No idea if it doesn't come via those 'talking points' from Faux News...from what I've seen, the Affordable Care Act would actually be cheaper than what Ryan proposed. It's that the right can't stand anything that the left does.

    Ryan Budget Would Increase Health Care Spending For Medicare Beneficiaries

  7. #7
    I Am Rocking Now

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Local Union
    443
    Employer
    Roadway
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,597
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    And how would that be..
    Priorities of the People: Repealing ObamaCare Critical to Creating Jobs, Growing Economy | Speaker of the House John Boehner | speaker.gov
    The House will return to the people's business this week, holding a vote to repeal ObamaCare and taking the first steps toward replacing it with common-sense reforms that will lower health care costs and protect jobs -- as outlined in the Pledge to America. Repealing the job-crushing health care law is critical to boosting small business job creation and growing the economy. For example, repealing ObamaCare will:
    Eliminate the law's maze of job-destroying taxes, penalties, and mandates – including more than $770 billion in tax hikes and the costly “1099 mandate” that Speaker Boehner pointed out “requires small businesses to report any total purchases that run more than $600" – that impose new costs on job creators and hurt economic growth. Analysis by the Heritage Foundation concludes that "The best way to prevent further erosion of the economy is to repeal the new law";

    Cut more than $540 billion in government spending. President Obama and Congressional Democrats have been on a job-crushing spending spree that has left us with nothing but historic unemployment and the most debt in U.S. history. Former Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin says repealing the health care law is “a first step toward fiscal sanity”; and...

  8. #8
    Having Fun Now

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Local Union
    705
    Employer
    United Parcel Service
    Location
    Palatine, IL
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    64

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    And how would that be..
    Obamacare forces business workers to pay an extortion fee to the medical industrial complex that forces them out of business.

  9. #9
    Getting In The Groove Now.

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Local Union
    2
    Employer
    UPS
    Location
    Libby, Mt
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    So it's easier to throw programs that help people under the bus just to avoid the real spending problem, our leaders. Why aren't their salaries ever talked about being cut or their health benifits? It's so easy for these jackoffs to say a teacher should be paid according to a certain criteria. But, how about the job performance of a congressman or a senater. No, I'm not talking about his toe tapping abilities or how many illegitimate children that some dip *** fathered. A pay raise decided by what good that was actually accomplished. There should also be a salary cap. Retirement should also be handled just the same way as a working stiff. No more drawing enormous salaries, free health benefits, free gas and vehicles and go find a damn house to live in and pay for it with your pension.
    Cuts could be made on how many trips these idiots need to make cross country or to other contries to discuss foriegn affairs. If that trip to some beach house with great "entertainment"(whores) needs to be taken, then that comes out of their own pocket.
    Then they could move into wonderful scams like the forest service. So, the best solutions for unemployment and fire hazards is to shut down every logging job and let the pine beetle ravage our timber. Just let the forest burn. Why should thes guys actually have to do something to earn their pay. When it burning down, get all the loggers you can to put ou the blaze. Don't forget to pay five educated idiots to tell a 40 years sawyer how to fall a tree. They know better cus' a book and video learned them better. Great idea!!! Oh you say a grizzly bear won't cross a road to eat or breed. Since when? But, you have to protect an endangered wolf that isn't even native to Montana. This transplanted wolf just so happened to kill off the native wolf. While your at it, fabricate every lie to keep mines from opening up. It's best to keep unemployment at 22% and buy from other countries. Oh, that's right. Ancient Indian burial grounds that nobody knows about are within 30 miles. Let's keep some whore's investment with some foriegn slimebag going.
    That's it for now. Sam Adams and I are done ranting for now!

  10. #10
    Obscurity has no heroes.

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Local Union
    173
    Employer
    Tropicana (PepsiCo)
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,444
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Ron Paul: "We Will Default Because The Debt Is Unsustainable"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    Obamacare forces business workers to pay an extortion fee to the medical industrial complex that forces them out of business.
    Yeah. Right now they call that "health insurance" and "workers' compensation".It's been around a lot longer than what you disrespectfully call the Affordable Healthcare Act.

    I'm sure you disagree, but when I go to work, follow the safety rules, wear the personal protective equipment and essentially try to work safely, I expect to be able to walk out after work with everything I had when I went in. But there are employers who don't feel that way - ask the families of the miners that work for Massey Energy (WV coal miners, that is). If, somehow, I am injured at work by doing my work, I expect them to pay, via the WC system.

    We need to stick some of these whack-job candidates in a real, dirty, unsafe job for a few days and see if they change their tune. There aren't many of them that have come from a real middle-class background, or have forgotten it if they did.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258