Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Italian Style

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Local Union
    700
    Employer
    retired
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,482
    Rep Power
    181

    Default Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    "What will we say when the government announces that “for security reasons” it will begin conducting random checks of our homes? That we will be required by law to open our doors and stand aside while government agents do a walk-through, just to “be sure” and (of course) “to keep us safe?"

    Coming? The Warrantless ‘Security Check’ of Your Home. What Will We Say? : Deadline Live With Jack Blood

    The State of Indiana, for example.

    "People have no right to resist if police officers illegally enter their home, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled in a decision that overturns centuries of common law."

    No Right to Resist Unlawful Police Entry: Indiana Supremes

  2. #2
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    19,682
    Rep Power
    682

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    This is really scary stuff when you think about it. Like the article said, a psychotic cop breaking down your door and armed of course! There are some fantastic cops out there and then there are some really bad cops as I know we have some right here in NM that are bad, bad, bad!!! Good or bad, I don't think any police should have a right to enter your home without a warrant!

    Former APD officer indicted by grand jury on prostitution charges:

    Former APD officer indicted by grand jury on prostitution charges | KOB.com

    Review of officers connected to Chavez case complete

    Review of officers connected to Chavez case complete | Crime | Valencia County News

  3. #3
    Italian Style

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Local Union
    700
    Employer
    retired
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,482
    Rep Power
    181

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    This is really scary stuff when you think about it. Like the article said, a psychotic cop breaking down your door and armed of course! There are some fantastic cops out there and then there are some really bad cops as I know we have some right here in NM that are bad, bad, bad!!! Good or bad, I don't think any police should have a right to enter your home without a warrant!

    Former APD officer indicted by grand jury on prostitution charges:

    Former APD officer indicted by grand jury on prostitution charges | KOB.com

    Review of officers connected to Chavez case complete

    Review of officers connected to Chavez case complete | Crime | Valencia County News
    You know what's even more scary, is when it is advertised on TV, as an MTV Commercial.

    Last edited by Spaghetti; 11-21-2011 at 12:20 PM.

  4. #4
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    19,682
    Rep Power
    682

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    I quit watching MTV in the early 90's when they stooped to an all time low of skankiness!! What is the reason they have this add on their station for? Anything to elaborate on it's purpose?

  5. #5
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    New Pennitentiary
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Power
    806

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    "What will we say when the government announces that “for security reasons” it will begin conducting random checks of our homes? That we will be required by law to open our doors and stand aside while government agents do a walk-through, just to “be sure” and (of course) “to keep us safe?"

    Coming? The Warrantless ‘Security Check’ of Your Home. What Will We Say? : Deadline Live With Jack Blood

    The State of Indiana, for example.

    "People have no right to resist if police officers illegally enter their home, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled in a decision that overturns centuries of common law."

    No Right to Resist Unlawful Police Entry: Indiana Supremes
    This is crazy....I just had a basement inspection from our town workers (lucky i am related to one and the other is an old friend)...but it was to make sure we had no pumps and stuff which could contaminate the ground water.
    It was required by the town i think...maybe by the state..It was a wierd requirement though...If you didn't make an appointment they would just come on their own schedule it said..

  6. #6
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    19,682
    Rep Power
    682

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Slave, that makes me think of an incident we had here several years ago. We are so rural here, we used to read our own electric meters and send in the reading to the power company. One day my bill was quadrupled. I called the company and they made all these excuses. The next day I am in my back yard (I have a fence that goes all the way around my property with a closed gate at the end of the driveway out by the street) and all the sudden this man is standing in my back yard. I didn't have German Shepherds at the time and the dog let him in. He said he was from the electric company and was changing out my meter to one that would read itself and send the reading back to the company through the power lines. My bill stayed high after that! I was furious. No phone call, no nothing. He could have been anyone. I wish I had my shepherds then!!

  7. #7
    Italian Style

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Local Union
    700
    Employer
    retired
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,482
    Rep Power
    181

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Slave, that makes me think of an incident we had here several years ago. We are so rural here, we used to read our own electric meters and send in the reading to the power company. One day my bill was quadrupled. I called the company and they made all these excuses. The next day I am in my back yard (I have a fence that goes all the way around my property with a closed gate at the end of the driveway out by the street) and all the sudden this man is standing in my back yard. I didn't have German Shepherds at the time and the dog let him in. He said he was from the electric company and was changing out my meter to one that would read itself and send the reading back to the company through the power lines. My bill stayed high after that! I was furious. No phone call, no nothing. He could have been anyone. I wish I had my shepherds then!!
    Do you know what he was doing? He wanted to install a Smart Meter.

    Smart Meter Deployment May be a Utility?s Legal Right

    CBS 5 Investigates Smart Meter Complaints - YouTube

    Did you notice that Smart Meter is made from GE?

    Why doesn't General Electric pay taxes? - The Week

    GE CEO attacks executive greed, made $14.1 million last year

    American Patriot: General Electric Owns Our President



    Electricity rates would sky rocket? , imagine that?
    Last edited by Spaghetti; 11-21-2011 at 02:40 PM.

  8. #8
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    19,682
    Rep Power
    682

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Very interesting Spaghetti!! Thanks for that posting. Mine is not a Smartmeter but something called a Single Stator Electric meter. Whatever the name, my bills shoot up and down and all over the place with no explanation.

  9. #9
    Taking A Stand!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Local Union
    492
    Employer
    ABF
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    19,682
    Rep Power
    682

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    And while on this subject, several years ago, a big national water company bought out our little local owned company. They immediately put lids out on our water meters that you have to have a special tool to open them with. Our water bills went up right away and we can't argue with them because we cannot read our meter at all. And with both utilites, if there is going to be a rate change, it has to go before our PRC and we are notified they are attempting to change the rates.

  10. 11-21-2011

    Italian Style


  11. #10
    On A Mission

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Local Union
    429
    Employer
    New Pennitentiary
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    8,076
    Rep Power
    806

    Default Re: Warrantless-Security-Checks-of-Homes-Coming-Soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Slave, that makes me think of an incident we had here several years ago. We are so rural here, we used to read our own electric meters and send in the reading to the power company. One day my bill was quadrupled. I called the company and they made all these excuses. The next day I am in my back yard (I have a fence that goes all the way around my property with a closed gate at the end of the driveway out by the street) and all the sudden this man is standing in my back yard. I didn't have German Shepherds at the time and the dog let him in. He said he was from the electric company and was changing out my meter to one that would read itself and send the reading back to the company through the power lines. My bill stayed high after that! I was furious. No phone call, no nothing. He could have been anyone. I wish I had my shepherds then!!
    Our water meter used to be in our backyard and the town guys(my relative used to do it for the town) used to come and read it........but soon my dogs grew...and they owned the backyard.....I had 3 like my avatar back there(he is one)....They moved the meter to the front, outside the gate. I don't think they would have come into my house for the basement groundwater thing either without me present.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253