Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Sen. Schumer seeks ban on high cap mags and assault weapons next week

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Sen. Schumer seeks ban on high cap mags and assault weapons next week

SEN. SCHUMER SEEKS BAN ON HIGH CAP MAGS AND ASSAULT WEAPONS NEXT WEEK
    Sen. Schumer Seeks Ban on High Cap Mags and Assault Weapons Next Week

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Sen. Schumer seeks ban on high cap mags and assault weapons next week

Just another law that will be impossible to enforce.
    Be really, does anyone need a large capacity magazine ?

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Default Re: Sen. Schumer seeks ban on high cap mags and assault weapons next week

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Just another law that will be impossible to enforce.
    Be really, does anyone need a large capacity magazine ?
    Yes. Who is to say what threat our families my face in some future event. Maybe a large scale event like Katrina with total social system collapse. How would you like to see 15 guys coming down the street pulling your neighbors out of their house to do god knows what? 30 round clip sounds reasonable, better grab two.

Laws can take the guns from good Law abiding citizens but there is no way to take there from the criminals who will always have them.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Scalia: Guns May be Regulated
    "It will have to be decided in future cases," Scalia said on Fox News Sunday. But there were legal precedents from the days of the Founding Fathers that banned frightening weapons which a constitutional originalist like himself must recognize. There were also "locational limitations" on where weapons could be carried, the justice noted.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    Yes. Who is to say what threat our families my face in some future event. Maybe a large scale event like Katrina with total social system collapse. How would you like to see 15 guys coming down the street pulling your neighbors out of their house to do god knows what? 30 round clip sounds reasonable, better grab two.

Laws can take the guns from good Law abiding citizens but there is no way to take there from the criminals who will always have them.
    That's your opinion. I must say that the fear factor which you have mentioned is your normal response to something like this.
    In the event of total world society collapse, or other type of catastrophe, perhaps some people would want those clips.
    That's if something like that ever happened.
    Kind of like building air raid shelters and stocking them with food in case them commie's bomb us.
    Yes ... fear and propaganda.
    Sayheykid likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Yeah an Event like Katrina never happened. Families alone for days with no authorities.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Yeah an Event like Katrina never happened. Families alone for days with no authorities.
    It happened. Was there a need for high tech assault weapons in the hands of the average person ?
    No, I don't think so.
    Like I said, you can't pass off the fear and propaganda campaign on every thing.
    No one except law enforcement and military need those type weapons and magazines.
    I don't want to hear the lame argument that the criminals will still get them.
    Then we should be looking at the criminals inside the military and law enforcement area if those items are on the street.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

More right wing fear propaganda? I guess a high capacity magazine works well for those that can't shoot to save their arse?

My advice would be: Learn to fire a weapon accurately rather than rely on the "spray and pray" method the 30 round magazine affords. I will take 1 accurately fired round over 60 sent down range missing the target any day of the week. I got a five spot says I can reduce that number coming down the street to 0 and it requires I reload my preferred weapon 3 times. Any takers? The truth is, one accurately fired round resulting in a cranial evacuation will save the remaining 14 rounds. The psycological advantage is tremendous.

Better yet opt for a more manageble weapon under stress. A shotgun will be more likely hit to the target when fired by a trembling suburban Rambo.

222lifer
    Member NRA
    Class 03 FFL
    Last edited by 222lifer; 07-31-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Sayheykid likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    yrcw

Don't agree with anything the gun control idiots want. You give an inch and they'll take a mile. Their only goal is to outlaw all guns it's all about control.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast