Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The post-debate verdict swung clearly to Romney.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Default Re: The post-debate verdict swung clearly to Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Without going into particulars, the numbers in my mind don't add up.
    If Obama was left with 10.6 trillion in debt and has increased it to the numbers listed ( it's actually higher ) then how is it that G.W. Bush doesn't hold the same claim of almost doubling the debt.
    Well, he actually does.

We returned to the Treasury calculator and found that during Bush’s fiscal years, public debt rose from $3.3 trillion to $7.6 trillion -- up 130 percent, clearly more than double.

PolitiFact Texas | Paul Sadler says national debt doubled under George W. Bush

bean, you need to get over the fact that former Presidents, namely G.W. Bush caused a large majority of the financial problems this country is experiencing.
    Of course the first link you provided only mentioned the debt up to and including the first Bush Presidency and did not include Bush junior, the main cause of the problems today.
    You need to understand Obama made it worse. If Bush debt went from $3.3T to $7.6T then the Bush debt was $4.3T..yes, it more then double. But:

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.
    If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    You need to understand Obama made it worse. If Bush debt went from $3.3T to $7.6T then the Bush debt was $4.3T..yes, it more then double. But:

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    One thing is missing....Go figure? They forgot to recognize the fact that Bush's bailout was counted on Obama's watch. Peel that back to the Shrub's term and those numbers of his just grew a bunch! Hey beanie....You writing Romney's speeches for him? He Has a hard time with the facts also.
    crazy and fxstc07 like this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

At least bean did admit the debt more then doubled under the Bush Jr. administration.

Sometimes things do get worst before they get better.
    That was a very deep hole and it wasn't dug by one man.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by fxstc07 View Post
    Without going into particulars, the numbers in my mind don't add up.
    If Obama was left with 10.6 trillion in debt and has increased it to the numbers listed ( it's actually higher ) then how is it that G.W. Bush doesn't hold the same claim of almost doubling the debt.
    Well, he actually does.

bean, you need to get over the fact that former Presidents, namely G.W. Bush caused a large majority of the financial problems this country is experiencing.
    Of course the first link you provided only mentioned the debt up to and including the first Bush Presidency and did not include Bush junior, the main cause of the problems today.
    There is a lot you don't understand and like most on here you are badly misinformed.
    Now whoopsy do that Bush doubled the deficit from $3.3T to $7.6T. Do the math..Obama started with approx..$3.3T + $7.6 = $10.9T. The $10T+ plus number is an accumulation of debt by previous presidents including Clinton..not all from Bush!! It is estimated that if Obama gets another 4 years he will leave with a $20T tab

At least Bush had two wars to put on the card. Obama has zero to show for all the debt including 26 million out of work

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

There is a lot you don't understand and like most on here you are badly misinformed.
    Really bean? Most of us on TOL are badly informed? And is it your place to decide that? I think most of us here on TOL are highly informed, more informed than the average person on the street. And how do I know this? All I have to do is talk to friends and family to know this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Roadway

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    Really bean? Most of us on TOL are badly informed? And is it your place to decide that? I think most of us here on TOL are highly informed, more informed than the average person on the street. And how do I know this? All I have to do is talk to friends and family to know this.
    When You say that Bush was the biggest cause of the crash and debt. You are sadly mistaken and misinformed. If the shoe fits..wear it

Super Moderator

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

When You say that Bush was the biggest cause of the crash and debt. You are sadly mistaken and misinformed. If the shoe fits..wear it

It seems the most uninformed is you Mr.Bean.Just listen to more Hannity and Limbaugh,right wing conspiracy radio..The whole thing about a crash is the fault of BOTH parties.A lot of debt was incured from the wars,IMO wars that we should not have been in..The train was in full speed ahead when Obama got the controls and he has managed to slow the forward progress but since he didn't turn it around completely you think he is a failure..Those are the same words that Sean Hannity uses every day..Some days your like a clone..And to come on here and say most on TOL are misinformed just shows the class your in..classless

Obscurity has no heroes.

Local Union
    Employer
    Tropicana (PepsiCo)

You need to understand Obama made it worse. If Bush debt went from $3.3T to $7.6T then the Bush debt was $4.3T..yes, it more then double.
    The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.
    If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
    Good to see you haven't lost your flair and form, Bean ol' buddy.

Your comment in post #21 (put in quotes above by me) refers to a projection by your conservative news service...in other words, something that hasn't happened yet. Yet it's being used as fact. Not the best tactic in a debate, sir. You also don't count the monies spent by the Shrub on Afghanistan and and Iraq, or Medicare Part D. All of which went on the credit card. Like Dick Cheney said...deficits don't matter. At least not until there's a Democrat in the White House that you can blame...

I haven't personally checked the facts that are in question - the "27 myths in 38 minutes". But apparently others have. Yes, Myth RMoney did well in the debate. But if his arguments and comments were based on incorrect or entirely false information, then can it be said that he actually won? Unfortunately, these days style can win over substance. And I think that's what we saw Thursday night. But enough of the media outlets are now checking the facts and doing the math, and finding out that there was effectively an empty suit on that stage. And it wasn't the current president. FWIW, I think President Obama will wipe the floor with him in the next debate.I surmise that he purposely held back...that tactic in boxing commonly referred to as "rope-a-dope". Myth might want to watch out, next time.
    Last edited by TropicDave173; 10-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    fxstc07 and 222lifer like this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Now whoopsy do that Bush doubled the deficit from $3.3T to $7.6T. Do the math..Obama started with approx..$3.3T + $7.6 = $10.9T. The $10T+ plus number is an accumulation of debt by previous presidents including Clinton..not all from Bush!! It is estimated that if Obama gets another 4 years he will leave with a $20T tab
    Estimates are like "maybe" that might happen.

Here is a fact.
    Over his eight years in office, George W. Bush presided over an 85.5 percent increase in the Gross Federal Debt.

When he was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2001 the Gross Federal Debt was $5.728 trillion(1), or 57 percent of the $10.129 trillion(2) Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

On Jan. 20, 2009, the day of Bush’s departure, the Gross Federal Debt was estimated at $10.627 trillion(3), an 85.5 percent increase since his inauguration.

Bush Grew Gross Federal Debt by 85.5% : BushToll

At least Bush had two wars to put on the card. Obama has zero to show for all the debt including 26 million out of work
    Once again let's not forget the Bush budget ran into 2009 and carried his debt into the Obama administration.
    Conveniently forget that did you ?
    The Iraq war started under Bush continued until December 2011. We are still in Afghanistan.
    Your delusional statements really show you are the mis-informed.

Unemployed people ... your reporting Fox news numbers.
    If Bush was in office now, whose numbers would you use ?

The unemployment rate declined by 0.3 percentage point to 7.8 percent in September.
    For the first 8 months of the year, the rate held within a narrow range of 8.1
    and 8.3 percent. The number of unemployed persons, at 12.1 million, decreased by
    456,000 in September

Employment Situation Summary
    Last edited by fxstc07; 10-08-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)