Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Republican Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday signed an anti-union bill that prohibits gov

And here is a state that does not have it together at all IMO
    Republican Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday signed an anti-union bill that prohibits government entities from requiring contractors to sign a project labor agreement (PLA) or other agreements with labor unions as a condition for performing work on public construction projects.

The bill, which passed the legislature overwhelmingly, was pushed by the building industry, ABC Carolinas. South Carolina Nikki Haley signed a similar bill in June and North Carolina is the 18th state to sign the bill.

"This new law will ensure that public construction contracts will be awarded to firms that provide taxpayers the best construction at the best price,'' said Doug Carlson, the ABC Carolinas Chapter President and CEO. "There is no question that construction labor union bosses in other states are using these types of mandates to steer public construction projects to contractors who are willing to accept their onerous demands and this new law will protect North Carolina fro this kind of abuse.''
    McCrory signs anti-union bill pushed by construction industry | Under The Dome

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Republican Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday signed an anti-union bill that prohibits

The tax payers are the ones getting screwed on this deal. Sub standard work and safety practices are the norm in a situation like this.

Retired !

Local Union
    Employer
    Retired - New Penn

Default Re: Republican Gov. Pat McCrory on Wednesday signed an anti-union bill that prohibits

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    The tax payers are the ones getting screwed on this deal. Sub standard work and safety practices are the norm in a situation like this.
    It's called "pay now ... or pay later" and they will with shoddy workmanship, substandard buildings and roads.
    All part of the race to the bottom.

Resistance is futile.

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC-Roadway

And I live in this state. The GOP is in total control of NC.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    An old friend (Highballin') that hails from Texas, went into great detail about some of these ill conceived ideas and how bad they hurt the industry he makes his living in. He is a heavy hauler for the gas and oil companies. He told me many times that the OSHA regs and environmental regs take a back seat to profit. "Damn scary" was the words he used once. His earning power was reduced also as they continue the race to the bottom. His feeling was that if the Unions were driven out we had better hold on because there is nothing that will save us.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    My sister lives in Asheville now. My parents took my kids on vacation to visit her this week. They're having a great time. It's probably hotter up here all week than down there. Unbearable heat up here for a week or so now.....cant even think straight.

On A Mission

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Quote Originally Posted by ABFwife View Post
    And here is a state that does not have it together at all IMO

McCrory signs anti-union bill pushed by construction industry | Under The Dome
    And i geuss a State which would prefer to use antiunion contractors and labor will not be pushing anything "onerous" or "abusive" on their newlly hired nonunion contractors, and that will not trickle down to their employees, and that desire for cheap will not then force competition which also weakwens the union contracts everywhere in the state, and it will also not eventually lead to more working families needing more govt assistance also?

Yeah right. Another quick fix for businessmen giving them more political money and power to take slaves......and stick the taxpayer with the bill to take care of their emplyees needs......as they keep the lions share and the gop get political donations(from the benefitting scab company owners) to keep them in power.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Pretty soon all the "Work Zone" signs will be in Spanish..They will be the recipients of the lower contracts..Some don't speak English but they sure know how to send their money back to Central America..As others have stated "The race to the bottom is being accelerated"