Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The ‘Draft Elizabeth Warren’ Effort Gets $1M Boost

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Default Re: The ‘Draft Elizabeth Warren’ Effort Gets $1M Boost

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    She knows what she's up against and has pointed out the appointees that Dems have put in charge of things. Her own party. Maybe that's why she won't run. She knows that most of her peers serve them.
    These bankers need to get in line.
    I don't say what i have said about Mrs. Warren because i dis-like her, i do like her, but it can't be just her and Mr. Sanders, dream ticket would be Warren/Sanders for President/vice-President, but they would have no corporate sponsors which mean no campaign money. But than again they both voted to give Israel more aid at the expense of us tax-payers and also voted yes to arm the Ukraine at tax-payer expense,an it will never be paid back!!
    Yankee likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Here's what Bernie Sanders is proposing, what we should do with the Wall Street and the big banks!!

Bernie Sanders unveils plan to break up Wall Street banks - Washington Times
    crazy likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    new penn

Quote Originally Posted by Sayheykid View Post
    I don't say what i have said about Mrs. Warren because i dis-like her, i do like her, but it can't be just her and Mr. Sanders, dream ticket would be Warren/Sanders for President/vice-President, but they would have no corporate sponsors which mean no campaign money. But than again they both voted to give Israel more aid at the expense of us tax-payers and also voted yes to arm the Ukraine at tax-payer expense,an it will never be paid back!!
    I like him also and it would be a dream team but in reality it would be dream team in a fantasy world.There dislikes for the banks unfortunately would work against them..

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Elizabeth Warren: Obama Trade Deal Could Undermine Wall Street Reform
    WASHINGTON -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Wednesday warned that a major trade deal being negotiated by the Obama administration could hamstring Wall Street reform efforts.

Warren raised the issue in a letter to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman, which was also signed by Sens. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Ed Markey (D-Mass.). The correspondence highlighted a broadening rift between President Barack Obama and the progressive wing of the Democratic Party over economic policy, less than a week after Warren and Obama squared off over a budget deal that provided government subsidies for risky derivatives trading.
    Elizabeth Warren: Obama Trade Deal Could Undermine Wall Street Reform
    slavenomore likes this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    I like him also and it would be a dream team but in reality it would be dream team in a fantasy world.There dislikes for the banks unfortunately would work against them..
    It seem a lot of us are starting tho see the light about big banks and how they control things,

Page 278 "Our Occulted History" by Jim Marrs, i do believe Slave has mention this b4

Gerald Celente, founder of the Trends Research Institute and author of the best-sellers Trend Tracking and Trends 2000, pointed out that even Jesus became an activist when he confronted the money powers. "When you think about the Prince of Peace, when's the only time he became violent? It was when he picked up a whip and drove the moneychangers out of the temple. The moneychangers have taken over the temples----the temples of Athens, the temples of Rome, the temples of Berlin and the City of London. They've taken over Washington. They've taken over every capital of every major city in the world. So where's it going? It's very simple to see where it's going. It's called CLASS WARFARE.'

Also something interesting Page 276 same book;

One of the authors of the study, James B. Glattfelder of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, hesitated to draw conclusions or support anyone's theories, but he said "Reality is so complex, we must move away form dogma, whether it's conspiracy theories or free-market. Our analysis is reality-based".

According to an article in New Scientist, the study:

revealed a core of 1,318 companies with interlocking ownerships. Each of the 1,318 had ties to two or more other companies, and on average they were connected to 20. What's more, although they represented 20 percent of global operating revenues, the 1,318 appeared to collectively own through their shares the majority of the world's large blue chip and manufacturing firms--the "real" economy----representing a further 60 percent of global revenues.

When the team further untangled the web of ownership, it found much of it tracked back to a "super-entity" of 147 even more tightly knit companies--all of their ownership was held by other members of the super-entity---that controlled 40 percent of the total wealth in the network,......Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan, Chase an Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

I believe some people on this web-site at one time believed in the "Fed" Federal Reserve System" do you still believe in the Fed? which is run by a bunch of "Banking Cartels" not the Federal Government. although are Government let's them do what ever they want, or should i say our politicians (both Parties)

Quote by Mayor Amschel Rothschild: "Give me control of a nation's money and i care not who makes it's laws" We the people do not have control of Our money, the Bankers do and we can not let our politicians privatize Social Security which i think the Republican Party would like to do and they soon will have control of both the house and Senate ?

If you read the book "Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism" by Vladimir Lenin, the whole book is about Western Banking pretty much.

for we all are enslaved to the Bankers
    crazy, fxstc07, 222lifer and 1 others like this.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    UPS Freight

Here Bernie talk about S.S. in the video. i like this guy.

Bernie Sanders: Destroy the Big Banks Before the Big Banks Destroy You | Alternet
    crazy, ABFwife and 222lifer like this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren slams ‘trickle-down’ tax policy in labor speech
    Citing years of her own research, Warren said that while 90 percent of workers enjoyed 70 percent of income growth between the 1930s and 1970s, the 10 percent of wealthiest Americans claimed 100 percent of income growth since 1980.

“This country has grown an economy that works for some Americans. For tens of millions of working families who are the backbone of this country, this economy isn’t working,” declared Warren, appearing at the AFL-CIO’s first National Summit for Raising Wages.

Warren has consistently disavowed any interest in running for president in 2016, but she has become the de facto leader of the Democratic Party’s left wing and her speech had all the hallmarks of a campaign stump speech.
    Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren slams `trickle-down’ tax policy in labor speech - Politics - The Boston Globe
    fxstc07 and 222lifer like this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Kicks Off Assault Against Secret Trade Agreement

Elizabeth Warren is going after the TPP (yay!) and the White House is saying, oh, you misunderstood. But we've already seen the kind of insane copyright protections this administration wants - the kind that makes it impossible for other countries to make generic copies of needed medication, for instance.

Anyway, if Warren pulls off yet another brushback pitch, she really will be the new sheriff in town:
    “This deal would give protections to international corporations that are not available to United States environmental and labor groups,” Warren said in an interview with POLITICO. “Multinational corporations are increasingly realizing this is an opportunity to gut U.S. regulations they don’t like.”
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren Kicks Off Assault Against Secret Trade Agreement | Crooks and Liars
    222lifer likes this.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

The Republican ambush on workers' basic rights

I am still trying to figure out why so many people voted Republican in this last election. It truly baffles me. I would think just about anyone could see how they have nobody but their own interests in mind!

At every turn, organized labor has been there, fighting on behalf of the American people.

But today, instead of implementing policies that strengthen the middle class, Republicans in Congress are pushing a bill to stop the National Labor Relations Board from modernizing its procedures because it just might help - yes, I said help - America's workers.
    Trying to make government work better shouldn't be controversial. But it is controversial. Why? Because some employers like the broken tangled rules. They have learned that they can game the system and oppose union votes all together. They don't want the NLRB to work, so they are lobbying against these new rules.

And Congressional Republicans are standing up for them, advancing a proposal to stop the NLRB from implementing its final rules.
    The Republican ambush on workers' basic rights » pa

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Labor Enforcement Is the Newest Sticking Point in the Obama-Warren Trade Fight

I have no doubt in my mind that this will be just as damaging as NAFTA.
    In a weekly address last month, Obama said that because TPP would include Canada and Mexico, the other two countries in the North American Free Trade Agreement, it "fixes a lot of what was wrong with NAFTA too," attempting to address the concerns of many progressives that previous trade agreements lacked sufficient labor protection.

But Warren, who is one of the loudest critics of the trade proposal, is arguing that Obama's assurances don't carry much weight. The senator's office released a report Monday featuring quotes from officials in both the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations making similar claims about free-trade agreements, as well as similar remarks from the Obama administration about free-trade deals it has made with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama.

When asked about the concerns raised in Warren's report, the U.S. Trade Representative's office forwarded a report released earlier in the year which said that while labor provisions were part of side agreements with NAFTA, the U.S. is requiring countries in the TPP negotiations to provide workers' rights and that labor provisions will be part of the core of the agreement. The USTR also highlighted work the Obama administration has done to promote labor rights in Colombia, Jordan, Guatemala, Burma, and Bahrain.
    Labor Enforcement Is the Newest Sticking Point in the Obama-Warren Trade Fight - NationalJournal.com
    222lifer likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast