Welcome to the TeamstersOnline.com.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

Default Re: Case to Watch: Judge to rule on Kentucky county's right-to-work law

Quote Originally Posted by strapdrager View Post
    yes and sometimes vote with their feet
    They were never unionists to begin with Strappy. A scabs heart resides in their chest. They want something for nothing. The ability to do their "behind closed doors" negotiation for themselves and a Union to save their sorry :(:(:( when they suddenly realize being born with handlegrip ears won't save their job. All RTW is, and always will be, is a license to be a coattails riding scab and a means to financially destroy Unions.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

2. Likes RedRollingRoadblock, ABFwife, x475 Liked this post
    Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

yes and sometimes vote with their feet
    "We’re Proud To Be Scabs"

Take a look at the signs in front yards in southern West Virginia and you will see: “Stop the War on Coal. Fire Obama.”

A nearby billboard reads: “Gang of Four, End of Coal. Jackson, Manchin, Roberts, Obama.” It’s a campaign ad for Republican Senate candidate John Raese. He’s referring to Lisa Jackson, EPA Administrator; Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.); and Cecil Roberts, president of the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA).

As recently as the 1980s, plenty of coalfield residents thought Big Coal was the problem. But these days, in the coalfields of Central Appalachia—southern West Virginia, southwestern Virginia, eastern Kentucky and eastern Tennessee— coal mining is overwhelmingly popular, despite well-documented risks to workers’ health and community safety.

Political groups like Citizens for Coal can turn out an enthusiastic crowd to counter environmental protests against mountaintop removal mining (MTR). One Boone County, W.Va., miner put it this way: “These treehuggers are about to :(:(:(:( up big time. I’ve got a gun in this car, OK. There’s gonna be bloodshed.”
    ‘We’re Proud To Be Scabs’ - In These Times

Wow, these poor folks took the bait hook, line, and sinker. Up to their necks in debt but Union free.

Further on in the article Massey energy is mentioned. This is what the scabby right to work laws generate Strappy. Safety violations up the yang. Deaths. Unscrupulous company drones pointing fingers at the EPA. Sucking these poor folk into the lie that continues to be perpetuated.

Here are a few of Massey's accolades. Give them a pat on the back Strappy. Welcome to a scabs nightmare and the company utopia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/06/west-virginia-mine-explos_n_526810.html

Coal Mines Keep Operating Despite Injuries, Violations And Millions In Fines : NPR

How to Rack Up 557 Safety Violations and Not Get Shut Down | Mother Jones
    Last edited by 222lifer; 10-23-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Supporters Predict Right-To-Work Swell If Court Rules In Hardin County’s Favor

Ok, we now have a full article about this topic and it's not good. Many counties are waiting to jump on this.

A ruling is imminent in a federal lawsuit that will determine whether Kentucky counties are allowed to pass local right-to-work laws.

Right-to-work supporters say scores of counties in Kentucky and across the country are poised to pass local right-to-work laws if Hardin County’s law is upheld.

Jim Waters, president of the conservative think tank Bluegrass Institute, said 50 counties have requested a copy of a model right-to-work law.

“There’s just too many opportunities for counties — especially along the borders with right-to-work states like Tennessee and Indiana — there’s too many opportunities that are being lost,” Waters said.
    Supporters Predict Right-To-Work Swell If Court Rules In Hardin County's Favor

On A Mission

Local Union
    N/A
    Employer
    N/A

What a stupid country we live in.
    They have been duped and have no clue what impact this could have.
    We have a debt over a trillion dollars, correct?
    We have an educated business class who obviously. pay off our politicians who have our politicians mezmerized into following Free Trade.

Free Tradehas sucked millions of jobs out of the country.
    The tax base shrinks, the needs grow and government collects taxes to fund the jobless.
    The areas never recover to what they were or could have been.
    The ONLY defense against free trade and the oligarchs preaching and benefitting from it is the unions.

Watching the Greek debt crisis AND the way that police have been almost militarized to control riots. And taking into consideration that their is a strong political push from the elite to grab everybody's guns. AND taking into consideration that we have the highest prison population in the world....mostly filled by poor people. AND taking into consideration the income of a large percentage of Americans making less than $50,000/ year.
    And taking into consideration that 6 million people with BA degrees are unemployed. And taking into consideration that social security may not be available in the future and peoples pensions are and have been depleted, cut, and stolen...

RIGHT-TO-WORK is one of THE dumbest things that should be even THOUGHT OF, let alone acted on.
    The stupidity is like from a horror movie where the people were totally dumbed down and brainwashed with no clue to reality.
    Scary dumb country.
    Clueless.

6. Likes x475 Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

RIGHT-TO-WORK is one of THE dumbest things that should be even THOUGHT OF, let alone acted on.
    The stupidity is like from a horror movie where the people were totally dumbed down and brainwashed with no clue to reality.
    Scary dumb country.
    Clueless.
    Couldn't agree more Slave.

8. Likes slavenomore Liked this post
    Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Kentucky House panel shoots down two Senate bills opposed by Kentucky unions

Both Sides of Right-To-Work Mobilize For Governor’s Race

Kentucky’s next governor will face a bevy of issues, ranging from a declining coal industry to a struggling pension system.

Then there’s right-to-work.
    “We are the only state in the South that doesn’t have right-to-work legislation” Bevin told WYMT-TV in Eastern Kentucky this summer, arguing that it leaves Kentucky at a disadvantage for economic development.

He also acknowledged that union workers are concerned about the issue. In the same interview, Bevin said: “I have friends that work in unions that feel that this is somehow a threat to them. It’s not.”

Unions disagree.
    Both Sides of Right-To-Work Mobilize For Governor's Race

Taking A Stand!!!

Local Union
    Employer
    ABF

Default Re: Kentucky House panel shoots down two Senate bills opposed by Kentucky unions

Hardin County's right-to-work ordinance invalidated in federal court ruling
    A federal judge struck down Hardin County’s right-to-work ordinance in an order Wednesday, ruling that states, not counties, can exempt themselves from portions of the National Labor Relations Act.

U.S. District Judge David Hale dismissed each of the county’s arguments for its ordinance, which passed Hardin County Fiscal Court Jan. 13 and barred unions from collecting fees from non-members.

“The NLRA preempts the right-to-work, hiring-hall, and dues-checkoff provisions of
    Hardin County Ordinance 300,” Hale wrote in his order.
    Hardin is one of 12 counties that passed right-to-work ordinances since December 2014. Nine labor unions filed the lawsuit against Hardin County the day after its fiscal court approved the overturned local law.
    cn|2 Pure Politics:( - Hardin County's right-to-work ordinance invalidated in federal court ruling

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    Damn Strappy, I bet this breaks your heart?
    I have not heard a peep out of anything union here. Nothing. Where are the unionizing efforts? What are the paid not to unionize, No efforts at all just like I saw in Fl. There are a number of places here that would fall easily.

Scab Hating Union Thug

Local Union
    Employer
    YRC

I have not heard a peep out of anything union here. Nothing. Where are the unionizing efforts? What are the paid not to unionize, No efforts at all just like I saw in Fl. There are a number of places here that would fall easily.
    We won't go knocking on their door. If they want it they must make the move to organize.

I Am Rocking Now

Local Union
    Employer
    Allied

Quote Originally Posted by 222lifer View Post
    We won't go knocking on their door. If they want it they must make the move to organize.

and you wonder why unions have fallen
    I have seen some places that they would jump if just ask the simple question

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast